Almost every student in India after passing the class 10th exam experience a confusing state of mind regarding whether to pursue a Humanities or Commerce stream. Course availability and job opportunities are immense in both fields, still, there are some other factors that should be analysed while making the most important educational decision in life. Commerce is a stream that deals with numbers, calculations, and analysis primarily. Commerce students generally study subjects like Economics, Accounts, Business Studies, and Mathematics. Humanities is a completely different field it deals with the study of Art, Music, Literature and Historical & Geographical factors of human existence and its evolution. Students who study Humanities generally study subjects like History, Geography, Polity, Law, Literature, Society and Philosophy. Let’s learn the difference between these prominent streams – Humanities vs Commerce.
This Blog Includes:
- Humanities vs Commerce – What is Humanities?
- Humanities vs Commerce – Benefits of Studying Humanities
- Humanities vs Commerce – What is Commerce?
- Humanities vs Commerce – Benefits of Studying Commerce
- Humanities vs Commerce – Skills Required
- Humanities vs Commerce – Subjects in Humanities
- Humanities vs Commerce – Subjects in Commerce
- Humanities vs Commerce – UG Courses after Humanities
- Humanities vs Commerce – UG Courses after Commerce
- Career Scope: Humanities vs Commerce
- Humanities vs Commerce: Which is Better?
|Subjects||Hindi, History, English, Geography, Political Science, Law||Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy, Mathematics|
|Best For||Writing, Teaching, Media, Communication, Legal||Business, Entrepreneurship, Management, Accounting|
|Toughness Level||Lesser tough than Commerce||Tougher than Humanities|
|Skill Required||Creativity, Visualization, Critical Thinking, Communication||Calculations, Deep Analysis, Critical Thinking, Communication|
|Professional Courses||BA, LLB, Journalism, MA, Mass Communication||B.Com, BBA, M.Com, MBA|
|Career||Education, Creative Arts, Journalism, Research||CA, CS, CFA, Economist, and Research.|
Humanities vs Commerce – What is Humanities?
Humanities is the discipline that studies human society and its cultural aspects. Humanities include the study of both historical and geographical aspects of ancient and modern culture, language and literature. It deals with critical and speculative deep research and analysis. Humanities help us to understand the political, legal and economical system of any society and community.
Humanities vs Commerce – Benefits of Studying Humanities
- Humanities help the reader to get aware of different languages, cultures and traditions from history.
- It builds up writing skills, analytical skills and critical thinking skills.
- Humanities provide an opportunity to understand the origin as well as the development of different cultures.
- It makes us understand and importance of values like altruism, generosity, compassion and charity.
- A democratic system cannot be flourished without the existence of the Humanities.
Humanities vs Commerce – What is Commerce?
Commerce is one of the most popular streams among students. The students having an interest in numbers, calculation and big data analysis opt for the commerce field. The Commerce stream deals with the study of the analytical part of business, economy, banking and finance. It gives immense interesting as well as challenging opportunities for the students to deal with.
Humanities vs Commerce – Benefits of Studying Commerce
- The Commerce stream helps the students to get knowledge about Business, Economy and Finance.
- It is a diverse field that helps students to choose a plethora of career options in the job market.
- Commerce professionals get good perks and benefits in the sector like stock markets, banking and business.
Humanities vs Commerce – Skills Required
Both the streams of Humanities and Commerce demand completely different skill sets from the students.
|Humanities||Humanities students are required to be creative and comfortable with deep research work. The humanities stream demands critical thinking about the subject matter.|
|Commerce||Commerce students need to love numbers and have great analytical abilities in order to pursue disciplines like accounting, maths and finance. The student must be able to easily arrange facts in the most effective way.|
Humanities vs Commerce – Subjects in Humanities
Some of the general subjects which Humanities stream students study are mentioned below.
- Political Science
- Home Science
- Physical Education
Humanities vs Commerce – Subjects in Commerce
Some of the general subjects which Commerce stream students study are mentioned below.
- Business Studies
- Information Practices
Humanities vs Commerce – UG Courses after Humanities
Humanities is the stream that provides immense versatile opportunities to students who have an interest in creative learning and detailed research. Humanities stream students get immense opportunities both in the public as well as private sectors. Here is a list of the courses available both nationally and globally to pursue humanities courses at the UG level after class12th.
- B.A. English
- B.A. Political Science
- B.A. Sociology
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. Geography
- B.A. History
- B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication
- B.A. Hindi and other language courses
- B.A. Fine Arts
- B.A. Performing Arts
- B.A. Liberal Arts
- B.A. Film Studies
- B.A. Psychology
- B.A. Social Work
- B.A. Philosophy
- B.A. Applied Psychology
- B.A. Linguistics
- B.A. Digital Media and Communication
- B.A. Program with 2-3 subject concentrations
- Bachelor in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Event Management
- B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)
- Bachelor of Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Design in Animation
- B.A. LLB.
- B. Library Science
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M)
- B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics
- B. El. Ed or Bachelor in Elementary Education
Humanities vs Commerce – UG Courses after Commerce
Commerce is the stream that provides immense challenging opportunities to students who have an interest in numbers, calculations and mathematical analysis. Commerce stream students get immense opportunities both in the public as well as private sectors. Here is a list of the courses available both nationally and globally to pursue commerce courses at the UG level after class12th.
- Bachelors of Business Administration leverage edu
- Business Studies
- Management Studies
- Investment Banking
- Chartered Accountant
- Company Secretary
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Product Design
Career Scope: Humanities vs Commerce
The possible career scope after studying Humanities vs Commerce is mentioned below in detail.
Humanities Career Scope
- Political Analyst
- Social Scientist
- Copy Writer
- Civil Servant
- Social Activist
- International Relation Expert
- Hospitality Professional
- Tour and Travel Guide
- Art & Craft Expert
Commerce Career Scope
- Business Executive
- Finance Executive
- Finance Manager
- Bank Manager
- Marketing Professional
- Sales Executive
- Compliance Officer
- Cost Accountant
- Computer Programmer
- IT Professional
- Software Developer
- Business Analyst
- Company Secretary
- Chartered Accountant
Humanities vs Commerce: Which is Better?
This debate related to which stream is better Science, Humanities or Commerce is going on for decades but still, we don’t have a tailormade answer for the same. In this blog particularly regarding Humanities vs Commerce based on the research work in the past and the modern trends related to working opportunities and choices, it can be said that neither Commerce nor Humanities can be said best than another one. Stream selection preference should be based on the choice of the students followed by his/her career aspiration. It should be highly aligned with the interest area of the students and the opportunity available related to the course selection and later on getting a job.
Creative Thinking, Communication Skills, Critical Thinking, Detailed Analysis and Assumption are some main skills taught by Humanities.
Analytical Skills, Problem Solving, Numbers and Calculations, and Multitasking are some of the main skills taught by Commerce.
There are three streams Humanities, Commerce and Science in which students get enrolled for their Higher secondary education.
If you want to get admission in any of these major streams like Humanities or Commerce into a high-ranked foreign university, you’ll need more than just good grades. You’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.