We all have seen many movies or played video games about the Zombie apocalypse which is extremely spooky where a human-like structure, that is technically dead, feeds on human brains and infect other humans to turn into a zombie. There was a news article by Fox News titled “American Colleges offer classes on Zombie Studies” which was a pure example of sarcasm but it’s really a thing now. Being one of the most uncommon study programs, today’s blog will revolve around zombie studies, and if you were into spooky stuff as a child you definitely shouldn’t miss out on this blog.
This Blog Includes:
About Zombie Studies
This is a specially designed field of study for incoming students with prior knowledge of life science. It utilizes the concept of zombies as a framework to introduce students to fundamental biology principles like enzymes, cells, pathogens, and disease outbreaks. This can be ideal for students for non-science majors. There are various aspects of this field of study like psychology, neuroscience, media studies, etc.
Top Zombie Studies Courses
Here are some of the top zombie studies courses to look out for:
- Master’s Degree in Interaction Design and Information Architecture with a concentration in Zombie Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Fiction Writing with a concentration on Zombies
- Humanities Major with Emphasis on Horror & Zombies
- BA in Communication, Concentration: Zombies and Genre Fiction
- Literature Program, Concentration: Horror Studies
- Biology of Zombies
- Zombie Apocalypse
Zombie Studies Colleges
There are only a few Universities that offer Zombie Studies, and we have listed them below along with their ranking:
|University||QS World Ranking||Average Fees|
|University of Baltimore||#751-800||USD 34,000 (INR 27 Lakh)|
|Columbia University||#22||USD 63,000 (INR 51 Lakh)|
|University of California, Irvine||#232||USD 27,000 (INR 22 Lakh)|
|Monmouth University||#270||USD 41,000 (INR 33.7 Lakh)|
|Georgia State University||#801-1000||USD 30,000 (INR 24 Lakh)|
|Saint Xavier University||–||USD 35,000 (INR 28.8 Lakh)|
|Michigan State University||#159||USD 26,000 (INR 21.4 lakh)|
Scholarships for Zombie Studies
Here are 2 Scholarships that are related to Zombie Studies:
- Horror Writers Association Scholarship Fund
- The Zellner Bros Scholarship Fund
Eligibility Criteria for Zombie Studies
Here are the basic eligibility criteria that you need to study abroad:
- You need to have a valid 10+2 Passing Certificate
- It’s mandatory to prove your English Language Proficiency by qualifying for exams like IELTS, and TOEFL. If you’re worried about these exams, you should definitely check out the Leverage ILETS app available for both Android and iOS
- A Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) are also required
- You should hold a high school passing certificate with a minimum of 50% marks
The following documents will come in handy for the application:
- Academic Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Test Scores like IELTS, or TOEFL
- Updated Resume
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Financial Documents
- Student Visa (if already available)
Application Process for Zombie Studies
Here is a detailed guide on how you can apply for this program:
- Step 1– Research and find the best suitable University according to your desire or budget that is providing zombie studies
- Step 2– Search for the official website of the University on your search engine and search for applying online process for the zombie study course
- Step 3– Make sure you have all the necessary documents mentioned earlier as you will need to attach them to your application form
- Step 4– Fill out the application form with the necessary details and click on submit. Some Universities may charge an application fee.
- Step 5– If you are accepted, you will receive an offer letter from the University. You will need to accept the offer and pay the tuition fee deposit to secure your place.
- Step 6– If you already don’t have a Student Visa you need it apply for it and plan your study abroad journey.
Also Read- How To Be A Content Writer?
Getting a degree in zombie studies can be a unique approach towards your career, you can publish your zombie-related editorial content or become a creative horror writer. It may sound ridiculous to some but there is a Youtube channel named BigbrainCo that produces unique content related to horror, zombies, serial killers, etc, and have millions of subscribers. So this can be a stand-out feature for you. Even this can be extremely beneficial for film studies in creating horror genre films.
Critics may argue that the study of zombies is a frivolous pursuit, but the truth is that there are many valuable lessons and insights to be gained from this field. Zombie Studies provide a unique perspective for exploring human behavior in extreme circumstances, such as responses to mass pandemics or natural disasters. It also allows for creative and analytical exploration of society’s values and fears. Ultimately, it’s your call to make.
Zombie studies is a field of study that provides learners with knowledge about historical, scientific, and philosophical aspects of zombies and zombie studies. It’s not at all a joke or a dig at higher education and some aspiring students pursue this field of study breaking all kinds of stereotypes.
Another aspect of zombie studies is understanding human psychology, where it’s discussed about survival, health, diseases, and how in our daily life some individuals work or study without knowing their actual aim in life or just living their daily life without questioning or having a purpose.