IELTS Advanced vocabulary is meant to provide an understanding of how to use words in sentences and the punctuation of difficult vocabulary. The IELTS exam is an English language proficiency test, which is conducted to test the candidates Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening skills. IELTS vocabulary uses punctuation, word lists, and practice exercises. The vocabulary section in IELTS carries 25 marks and includes two sections – IELTS Speaking and Writing. This article will tell you all about the Vocabulary for IELTS advanced.
|Name of the Exam||IELTS|
|Exam Full Form||International English Language Testing System|
|Organising Body||Cambridge Assessment English
IDP: IELTS Australia
This Blog Includes:
IELTS Advanced Vocabulary Topics
The IELTS advanced vocabulary consists of various popular topics which are asked in the exam. To help candidates in knowing about the vocabulary topics we have created a list of popular topics. Check the list below to know the IELTS vocabulary words and their definitions.
- Art & Culture
- Body Language
- Crime & Law
- Clothes & Fashion
- Food and Travel
- Music & Instruments
- Sports & Entertainment
Also Read – IELTS Academic Reading
IELTS Vocabulary Individual Words
Improving the vocabulary of individual words, and knowing their exam meaning and uses is a must to improve scoring on the test. You must be aware of how to pronounce words fluently and correctly without any hesitation in the IELTS vocabulary section. Candidates who want to score 9 bands in the IELTS must have a stronghold over their vocabulary skills. Indian students face a lot of struggles in the vocabulary section as it is hard for them to pronounce the individual words correctly. Below is a list of popular IELTS advanced vocabulary words.
- For Instance
- In the past
- For example
- Another reason
- Even though
- Years ago
- When I was younger
- On the contrary
- On the other hand
- Even though
- Though However
- It was caused
- I reckon
Also Read – IELTS Listening Score Calculator
IELTS Vocabulary Paraphrasing
Candidates who are looking forward to scoring well in their IELTS writing test must learn how to do paraphrasing. You must write down the words in your own words and how well you understand them. To help candidates in learning paraphrase for IELTS Vocabulary, here are some tips.
- Get hold of synonyms – Synonyms mean words with the same meaning. Using synonyms will replace the original words without changing their meaning. For example – the word ‘Love’ can be replaced with ‘Intimacy’.
- Focus on changing word order – To enhance your paraphrasing skills, you must learn how to change the order of words. This can be done by adding, omitting or changing the words.
- Changing word forms – one very simple way to do paraphrasing is to change word forms. Changing word forms will allow you to show your understanding and versatility of the English language. This can be done by replacing nouns with verbs and verbs with adjectives.
- Replacing sentence structure –
- Active to passive voice – The IELTS exam will include an essay and discussion of various topics, where need to learn how to change from active to passive voice. This can be done by knowing the sentence’s direction and placing it at the beginning of the sentence. For example – ‘Soccer is the most popular sport’ can be changed to ‘The most popular sport is Soccer’.
The IELTS is the abbreviation for the International English Language Testing System. It’s a language proficiency test which is conducted to test the candidate’s English language skills in four different areas – Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
The IELTS application fee is INR 15,500. Candidates have to pay this application fee online via credit card/ PayPal/Internet banking.
The IELTS Vocabulary covers 25 marks. This section includes 2 sections of the test – Speaking and Writing.
The IELTS exam is conducted 4 times a month by its conducting bodies. Candidates who will be appearing for their next IELTS exam must focus on improving their vocabulary skills. The IELTS advanced vocabulary section consists of 25 marks.
Candidates who want to prepare for IELTS or any other language proficiency test, can Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers and strengthen your English score as well as your application so that you can secure your spot in your dream college. Fulfil your dreams of studying abroad with Leverage Edu, to get a free counselling session, reach us at 1800-572-130.