Indian students who want to study for an undergraduate degree in the US have the option to do so through the Next Genius Scholarship, also known as the NextGen scholarship. The scholarships provide students with partial or full tuition fee exemptions due to the high expense of studying in the United States.
|Scholarship Type||Tuition fee waiver and Merit based|
|Organization||The Next Genius Foundation|
|Application Deadline||01 October 2023|
|No. of Scholarships||100|
This Blog Includes:
About Next Genius Scholarship Program
Below we have mentioned the Next Genius Scholarship Program:
- 100 Indian students are expected to get Next Genius scholarships in 2023–2024, according to the charity.
- For the whole length of the bachelor’s program at the selected US university, scholarships are given.
- The NextGen scholarship’s eligibility to be renewed is based on how well the student performed academically the previous academic year.
- Applicants who qualify must have finished their senior year of high school in India alone.
- Selections are made at two different levels: Online Personal Interview and Critical Thinking Test
- Before October 1, 2023, qualified applicants must submit a separate application form in order to be considered for the NextGenius award for 2024.
Also Read: Oasis Scholarship
Indian students have the opportunity to continue higher education in the USA thanks to the Next Genius award, a 10 million (INR 82.81 Cr) USD award. The applicants must intend to study for a four-year undergraduate degree at one of the institutions listed below:
The Next Genius Scholarship is awarded to deserving students who demonstrate excellence in academics, critical thinking, soft skills, self-awareness, and personal vision.
Also Read: Chevening Scholarship
The Next Genius Scholarship Program Deadline
Below mentioned is the deadline for Next Genius Scholarship Program:
|Acceptance||April 10, 2024|
|Application Submission Date||October 1, 2023|
The Next Genius Scholarship Program Eligibility Criteria
The following qualifying conditions must be satisfied by candidates in order to be eligible for the Next Genius Scholarship:
- Academic Requirement: Senior in high school or in grade XII.
- Applicants who are presently taking a gap year are also welcome.
- Citizenship: Citizen of India
- Holders of OCI Cards
- Individuals from outside residing in India
- Strong problem-solving abilities in both academic and non-academic environments.
- Work towards advancing society’s well-being and have a strong desire to pursue an international education.
- Soft Skills: Communication and teamwork
- Financial Capability: While studying in the United States, students should be able to cover their living costs and other costs.
The Next Genius Scholarship Program Application Process
If you wish to take advantage of the Next Genius Scholarship Programme.
- Register and enter the information below.
- Name of the student and email address
- Personal information like a mobile number and citizenship
- Academic credentials such as grades, program, and institution
- NextGenius Payment ID for Registration
- Pay the 300 INR registration fee.
- Potential scholars must finish their profiles after completing the online registration procedure.
Also Read: Haas Scholarship
The following table summarizes the NextGen Scholarship 2023 application period:
|Event||Timeline / Deadline|
|Scholarship Enrollment & Acceptance||1 May 2023|
|Online Application||May – October|
|Online Critical Thinking Test||11 October 2023|
|College Selection||26 October 2023|
|College Application||14 December 2023|
|Online Interviews and Awards||23 & 24 January 2024|
Selection Process for Next Genius Scholarship Program
The NextGenius Scholarship must locate the candidates who are the greatest match for the scholarship by putting them through a screening process that will assess their knowledge and capabilities.
There will be two levels to the selection procedure:
- Level I: Online critical thinking test measures the student’s capacity for critical thought and the speed at which they can resolve challenging issues.
- Students who have been shortlisted will be given information about the scholarship and questioned about their preferred college.
- Level II: Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to Mumbai for a personal interview and award ceremony, during which the scholarship recipients will be recognised in front of the general audience.
- Students must provide documentation of their completed applications to their top-choice US colleges.
In order to be eligible for Next Genius Scholarship, candidates must be high school seniors.
It is open to all international students, though those who wish to study in Maryland, Washington/ Virginia, and it grants them $1,000 (INR 82,735).
It was co-founded by the dynamic father-son duo of Naveen & Neeraj Mandhana.