For students who want to study abroad but need financial assistance, scholarships or fellowship are among the best lifesavers. Students may focus on their studies rather than worrying about money thanks to scholarships, which also help them minimise their financial load, irrespective of the study destination. The United States of America is one of the most popular study-abroad destinations in the world and attracts thousands of students every year for higher studies. Through this blog, we will be talking about Josephine De Karman Fellowship in detail. Keep reading to find out more about it.
|Name of the Scholarship||Josephine De Karman Fellowship|
|Applicability||All Universities in USA|
|Maximum Number of Students to be Awarded||6|
|Benefit||USD 25,000 for each student (INR 20.65 Lakh)|
|Eligible Course Level||Masters|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Jan 31, 2023|
|Announcement||15 April 2023|
Also Read: Scholarships for Indian Students in UK
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the Josephine De Karman Fellowship
- Foreign students with student visas enrolled in American universities.
- Enrolled right now in a Ph.D. programme at a U.S. university.
- Prepare to present their doctoral dissertation around June 2024.
- Humanities applicants will be given preference.
Also Read: HAAS Scholarships
In order to apply for the Josephine De Karman Fellowship students are required to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- The entire application process is online and can be done digitally.
- Each applicant is required to submit two Letters of Recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose/Essay with 500 words
- All academic documents and transcripts.
- Late applications will not be considered
- A dissertation abstract
Also Read: Orange Tulip Scholarships
The goal of this fellowship programme is to identify and support students whose academic successes meet Professor Von Karman’s high expectations. Potential applicants should be aware that there is fierce competition for DeKarman fellowship. Shortlisted candidates for the De Karman Fellowship are chosen based on the completion of their dissertations and scholarship applications. Some of the factors influencing the scholarship decision-making process are:
- Extracurricular Activities Personal Essay
- Academic Success Scholarly Achievements
Typically, scholarship candidates seek out awards that offer a variety of advantages. Let’s look at the grant details:
- Students pursuing other degrees, such as undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degrees, are not eligible for the De Karman Fellowship.
- Each year, the chosen students are given a set number of fellowship worth $25,000 (INR 20.65 Lakh).
- A 500-word essay serves as the basis for selection.
- Candidates should have excellent letters of recommendation and timely dissertation completion at the time of application in order to stand out and pass the application procedure.
- The candidates should also have a strong record of co-curricular involvement and scholarly contributions. Additionally, it has been observed that individuals attending the nation’s best universities frequently win fellowship.
The Josephine De Karman Fellowship Trust was created in 1954 by the late Dr Theodore Von Karman, a renowned aeronautical expert and educator who also served as the first director of the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, in honour of his sister Josephine, who passed away in 1951. The goal of this Fellowship programme is to honour and support students whose academic successes meet the high standards of Professor Von Karman.
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Fly Finance help you.
Ans: Tuition & fees is covered in the scholarship. However, expenses like accommodation or living expenses are not included in the scholarship.
Ans: Due to the fact that this scholarship is highly competitive, only 6 scholars will be awarded.
Ans: Yes, Students are required to have exceptional letters of recommendation in order to be selected for the fellowship.
This was all about Josephine G Karman’s fellowship. Get in touch with the team of experts at Leverage Edu in order to skyrocket your study abroad journey.