Every year thousands of students from India are granted visas to go study abroad in the US. Each one of them wants to study in our dream college to pursue higher education.
Relocating to a new country is a very tough decision. However, the main issue lies when the student is unable to find suitable accommodation for themselves which is a huge priority. Although there is a solution for everything.
Housing Options You Can Try
There are many housing options which are available, these range from luxurious private rooms to shared flats. Here is a list of student accommodations which the student can make use of:
- Private Room: It is a single room in a shared apartment or a house. The average monthly rent of this ranges from 625 USD – 8,000 USD (51,600 – 6.60 lakhs INR). The price range varies from locality to locality and the type of amenities that are available.
- Shared Room: In this type of accommodation, the student shares a room with one more roommate. You can share a room usually in a house or an apartment. Also, the average monthly rent of this ranges from 750 USD – 6,000 USD (61,900 – 4.95 lakhs INR). As mentioned above, the rent varies from place to place and the amount of amenities that are provided.
- Studio: It is a self-contained place which also comes with a living area, bedroom, and kitchen. The average monthly rent of this place is 2,000 USD – 5,000 USD approx (1.65 lakhs – 4.13 lakhs INR).
- Entire Place: Here the student can rent an entire apartment to himself/herself. The rent is 1,000 USD – 3,000 USD approx (82,600 – 2.47 lakhs INR) or even more.
- Residence: It is basically on-campus housing which is usually provided by the universities themselves. The rent varies from 1,000 USD – 5,000 USD (82,600 to 4.13 lakhs INR) or more.
- Homestay: This is the last type of student accommodation where the student gets to live with a local host family. The rent varies from 900 USD – 5,000 USD (74,300 – 4.13 lakhs INR).
So, keep this in mind, that the average rent mentioned above varies from place to place and the type of amenities the student will be provided with.
If you are planning to go study abroad in the US then here are some student accommodation options which you can keep in mind. For more exciting news updates, make sure you contact Leverage Edu.