University of Sheffield (TUOS) is offering 125 scholarships under the International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarships. The scholarship benefit is £5,000 towards the tuition fees of the selected students. The scholarship application opens in late Autumn 2023 for the academic year 2024-25. Interested students meeting the eligibility criteria must apply before the deadline. The deadline for the submission of application is 3 May 2024. However, only those with an offer letter from the university are eligible for the scholarship. The declaration of results is on 10th June 2024.
University of Sheffield International Merit Scholarship 2024 Eligibility Requirements
The eligibility criteria for the University of Sheffield International Merit Scholarship is as follows:
- The applicant must receive an offer letter from the University for a postgraduate taught programme. Additionally, the programme must commence in Autumn 2024
- Those who are studying a Masters/integrated PhD programme will only be eligible for the scholarship for the Master’s part only
- Moreover, only self funded international students are eligible for the scholarship. That is, sponsored students are not eligible,
- Similarly, distance learning courses, and courses with higher clinical fees are not eligible. For example, MClinDent in Orthodontics,DClinDent Periodontics, and DClinDent Orthodontics
- Masters programme split between the TUOS and a partner institution are not eligible
- Note: MArch programmes known as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
University of Sheffield International Merit Scholarship 2024 Benefits
The University of Sheffield International Merit Scholarship benefit is an amount of £5,000 towards the original tuition fee. Moreover, the scholarship is available for the duration of the degree programme. The merit scholarship is split pro-rata for a maximum of 4 years for the part time students enrolled in a course longer than a year.
A panel of senior members selects the beneficiaries on the basis of their academic record, brilliance and initiative in voluntary, educational, or professional areas. The declaration of results is on 10 June 2024. Those who are offered the scholarship must confirm their acceptance of the same by a fixed date.