United Kingdom is considered to be the best study abroad country for international students since ages. UK offers plethora of courses to students so that they can do great in their lives. Recently, UK government made an annoucement regarding £118 million skills package for training and development of AI research.
Know What Are The New Initiatives Taken by the UK Government
Here are the list of new initiatives which taken by the UK Government-
- £1 million AI Futures Grants Scheme to help AI researchers from various countries who are willing to relocate to the UK for work at universities. Launching date for this step is somewhere scheduled for 2024.
- 15 new GREAT scholarships for global students to come to the UK to study science and technology courses. All of these scholarships are financed by the British Council and UK’s universities. Candidates can apply for up to £10,000 for their study programs.
- 12 new UK Research and Innovation centres locations are yet to be find for doctoral training in AI. The motive of these college/institutions is to skill new AI researchers in related critical areas to the UK. Which includes healthcare in the NHS. Some of the 12 centres include University of Surrey, University of Oxford, University of Manchester, Imperial College London and University of Edinburgh.
- The “Backing Invisible Genius” (BIG) scholarship pilot, which makes the high school students skilled who have shown excellent performance in International Science Olympiads to study a science/technology course. Mentione pilot is being captained by Global Talent Lab (GTL) in partnership with the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology. Imperial College London and the University of Cambridge are the participating universities for this pilot.
- A new committed visa scheme to boost AI researchers to come to the UK on internships and placements.
Mentioned package cost is £8.1 million consists of scholarships for postgraduate scholarships in AI and data science programme.