The Chevening Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarship programmes launched by the UK government. The scholarship is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, and other organizations. It is a fully funded scholarship. That is, the scholarship would cover the tuition fees, travel expenses, and visa expenses of the beneficiary. Additionally, a stipend for the living expenses will also be provided. The scholarship is available to postgraduate students for a duration of 1 year. The deadline for the Chevening India scholarship is 1 November, 2023. Interested applicants must apply for the same before the deadline.
Chevening Scholarship India Eligibility Requirements
The Chevening scholarship India eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a citizen of the Chevening eligible country (India)
- Must have fulfilled all the requirements of an undergraduate degree that will enable the student to gain entry to a postgraduate program in a UK university. Generally, the student must secure an upper second class 2:1 honors degree (might vary as per requirements of the university)
- Additionally, the applicant must have a minimum of 2 years (2,800 hours) of work experience
- Moreover, the student must have received an offer letter from a Uk university.
Chevening Scholarship India Benefits
The benefits of the Chevening Scholarship is as follows:
- Tuition fees for a duration of 1 year
- Travel expenses from the home country to the UK, and a travel allowance
- Visa expenses of the student, departure allowance, and a top up allowance
- Additionally, stipend is provided towards the monthly living expenses
- Moreover, an amount of £75 is given for TB testing
Do Note: Students who already have a Master’s degree can also apply for the Chevening scholarship. However, they must demonstrate that the new degree they are applying for will help in the development of the home country.
Interested students must submit the necessary documents, Unconditional offer letter from a UK university, and reference letters before the deadline. The registration is open on the official website of the Chevening Scholarship India.