The SAT is a standardized test that a candidate must attempt when they aim to study abroad in countries like the USA and Canada. The students who wish to appear for the exam may wonder about the SAT exam procedure. This blog will give you detailed information about and a step-by-step guide on the SAT exam procedure.
The SAT is conducted by the College Board in India, to help and assess the candidates, quantitative and qualitative aptitude. Keep reading for the latest updates and all the information including fees and the schedule of the exam.
|SAT Full Form||Scholastic Assessment Test|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and paper-based|
|Duration||3 Hours 15 Minutes|
This Blog Includes:
SAT Exam Procedure: Step-by-Step Guide
To keep updated with the latest information on the exam, make sure to visit the official website regularly. However, here is a step-by-step guide that can help you understand the SAT exam procedure:
Register for the Exam
The first step of this process is to register for the exam. There are two ways to register for the exam that are online and offline (by mail). Here are the steps to register for the exam:
- Visit the official website of the College Board.
- Create your new account if you do not already have an account.
- Fill in all your details including educational and personal details.
- Choose your preferred examination and choose your preferred center.
- Upload your documents and pay the examination fee.
Offline registration (through mail)
- Buy the book i.e. ‘The Student Registration Guide for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests’ which includes a form and an envelope for return.
- Fill out the form along with all the required details including personal and educational details.
- Send the application form with the demand draft through the local representative and these will be redirected to the office in your region.
Also Read: Top Universities Accepting SAT Scores
Before filling out the form, the candidates should check their eligibility for the SAT. However,
|Age||Minimum 17-18 years of age|
|Educational Details||High school graduate|
|Appearing for||Undergraduate Courses|
Appear for the Exam
The next step in the process SAT exam procedure is to appear for the exam. The candidates will have to attempt the exam through online methods. To appear for the exam, they need proper preparation. Here are some ways to prepare for the exam:
- Try to start your practice early.
- Take your practice tests online to know the exam pattern.
- Learn what you are taught in high school.
- Make sure to review your results.
- Know the exam pattern and the types of sections in the exam.
Also Read: SAT Registration
The SAT exam consists of four major sections, such as Reading, Mathematics, Writing and Algebra.
The requirements for the SAT exam are very simple and defined. There are no set marks set up by the authorities to be eligible. However, the candidates should have cleared at least the 12th exam.
To take the SAT exam, the candidate must first apply for the exam on the website of the official conducting body and then appear for it.
If you are someone who wants to know what your true potential is, then sign up for a free session with our experts at Leverage Edu and find out where your excellence lies.