Doctor of Psychology degree (PSYD) has been a popular subject across the world, the major cause that contributes to this is the complexity of lives across the globe. The study of the human mind is an ever-evolving crucial subject that calls for a considerable amount of attention, importance, comprehension, and competence. The UK is the most ideal place for you to go ahead with the study of PSYD. There are a variety of UK prestigious universities offering innumerable courses in PSYD programs in UK. If you are fascinated to understand the human mind and how they respond, act, and think in certain situations then here’s the complete guide to top PSYD programs in the UK.
Let us get started to help you know everything about PYSD Programs in UK.
|Eligibility||Students should have a Bachelor’s degree and Masters’s degree from a renowned institute An acceptable GPA and GRE Score are also required.|
|Course Duration||4-6 years|
|Average fees of courses||Average fee is around INR 30-40 lakhs|
|Program Type||Part-time | Full-time | Online|
|Highest Paying Jobs||Therapist, well-being Psychologist, Sports, Clinical Psychologist, well-being Psychologist, Educational Psychologist, etc.|
|Average Salary||46,000-50,000 GBP ( INR 43,97,247 INR-47, INR 89,335) Annually|
|English Proficiency Requirements||IELTS: 6.5-7.0|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study PSYD in UK?
The UK offers many benefits for a PSYD study. Along the way to excellent employment options and well-paying jobs, one can get to encounter various facets of life and nature. Here are several justifications for enrolling in a PSYD program in the UK:
- The top 100 universities around the globe that offer PSYD programs include about 18 UK colleges.
- As of 2022, there were about 48,761 psychologists employed in the UK, both salaried employees and independent contractors. Since 2011, this number has increased the most.
- The projected employment for the years. 2023,2024 and 2025 is 49,496; 50,219; and 50,900 people respectively.
- The number of psychologists is rising both domestically and abroad. Among the most frequent employment of graduates in PSYD in the UK are businesses, the media, HR divisions, governments, law enforcement agencies, and child healthcare organizations.
- Around 22720 international students pursue educational degrees in the UK in fields like PSYD that are related to medicine and social services.
- After the curse is lifted, about 56% of students with PSYD have jobs.
- PSYD is a subject where you explore all the vast possible fields of human behaviour. Both theoretical and practical education are required. You can master advanced research, presentation, analysis, and statistics abilities in the UK.
- The UK is a friendly country that makes it easy for students to go and pursue PYSD Program in the UK. Because of UK’s easy-to-apply process, it has always been on the priority list of students aiming to pursue the PSYD Program.
- If you study PSYD in the UK, you’ll be able to pursue a variety of rewarding careers. The UK provides high-paying employment options worldwide, increasing your prospects of building a successful career.
- Practical knowledge is way more important than just theoretical knowledge for students pursuing PYSD Program. One can easily experience modern PSYD practices in universities offering PSYD Programs in UK.
Program Overview of PSYD Programs in UK
PSYD Programs in UK focus on the study of the mind and human conduct. The study of PSYD spans a vast range of themes and patterns. The strategy is designed to address the demand for trained and certified workers while also promoting individual development, physical fitness, health, interactions with others, personal relationships/behaviour, and cognitive abilities. To better understand a person’s mindset and behaviour inside the sector. Students who want to study PSYD Programs in UK can choose from several human behavior-related industries and areas. The UK is the #1 destination for PSYD Programs because of its extensive curriculum and simple-to-understand courses.
List of Top Universities for PSYD Programs in UK
Here’s a list of universities offering PSYD Programs in UK:
|University||QS PSYD rank 2023||UK PSYD rank 2023||City/ Town|
|University of Cambridge||2||1||Cambridge|
|King’s College London||8||3||London|
|University of Edinburg||=29||4||Edinburgh|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||40||5||London|
|University of Bristol||=64||7||Bristol|
|University of Kent||=69||8||Canterbury|
|University of Birmingham||=72||9||Birmingham|
|University of Exeter||=77||10||Exeter|
Eligibility Criteria for PSYD in UK
Like all the other existing courses there are some eligibility criteria for PSYD program as well. Below are the criteria listed:
- Educational Qualifications:
The student must have done his/her bachelor’s and master’s both from an esteemed university with the minimum marks criteria set by different universities.
- Prior Work Experience:
Prior work experience is one valuing adding an aspect of the admission process. Not necessarily it is required but if have is always a plus point.
- Visa and Passport
Without Visa and passport, no student is ever allowed to relocate to the UK for PSYD Programs
- English Language Requirements
Students whose first language is not English and who want to study PSYD Programs in UK have to submit the English Language Proficiency test score. The scores vary for different colleges as per their set criteria of admission:
TOEFL– 90-120 above
Documents Required to Study PSYD Programs in UK
Below have listed the required documents for any student to start his/her PSYD Program in UK:
- Academic Documents
- Valid passport and Visa
- Proof supporting finances
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of Passport
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume (CV)
- English proficiency test scores
- Medical Health Insurance
PSYD Programs in UK
Let’s have a look at the available PSYD Programs in UK
|Program||Fees (£)||IELTS Score|
|Doctorate (ClinPsyD) Clinical Psychology||86,940||7|
|PhD Psychology – Perception and Action||75,000||6.5|
|PhD Psychology – Human Development and Learning||75,000||6.5|
|PhD Psychology – Cognition and Language||75,000||6.5|
Course Curriculum for PSYD Programs in UK
The topics in the PSYD curriculum in UK include te following.
- Developmental PSYD
- Educational PSYD
- Experimental PSYD
- Child PSYD
- Clinical PSYD
- Criminal PSYD
- Cognitive PSYD
- Forensic PSYD
- Social PSYD
- Sport PSYD
Cost of Studying
The United Kingdom is one of the most pursued countries across the globe for students wanting to pursue PSYD Program in UK. The cost of study in the UK includes the tuition fees and the cost of living a student is paying for PSYD Program in UK. The average cost of study in the UK ranges from 30,000 GBP to 37,000 GBP (30-37 lakh INR).
|Criteria||Average Annual Expense(GBP)||Cost of INDIAN student (INR)|
|Scholarship Name||Awarded to||Amount|
|Beacon Scholarship||Given to international students pursuing any subject or course in different UK universities.||9,000-18,500 GBP (INR 8,60,123-INR 17,68,031)|
|Given to master’s students pursuing PSYD Programs in the UK universities.||Given to master’s students pursuing PSYD Programs in UK universities.||7,500 GBP (INR 7,17,212)|
The career scope after completing a PSYD Program in UK is extremely high. Graduates have an average starting salary of around 45,000 GBP (INR 43,03,349). Moreover, certain organizations hire graduates from PSYD Program in UK. Some roles are listed below:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary (GBP)||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|Consultant Psychologist||67,000||68.30 Lakh|
|Clinical Research Associate (CRA)||34,826||35.50 Lakh|
|Clinical Psychologist||42,943||43.77 Lakh|
|School/Career Counselor||22,547||22.98 Lakh|
Ans: Fees of PSYD Progam in UK vary from college to college. The average Fee for PYSD Program in UK is between INR 15 lakhs to INR 30 lakhs for an Indian student. Different types of scholarships are also available.
Ans: Yes there are a lot of universities offering PSYD Programs in UK. A few universities in UK offering PSYD Program are the University of Bath, the University of Durham, the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, the University College London, etc.
Ans: The scope of getting a job after doing the PSYD Program in UK is quite high. The average annual salary is around INR 30-40 lakhs.
Hope this blog helped you figure out choose the right PYSD Program in UK and made your study abroad decision-making process smooth. For more related information, stay tuned to Leverage Edu. And to apply to this field to study abroad, you can contact Leverage Edu experts and counsellors at 1800572000 to book a free consultation today!