Project Management courses involve the study of planning, organizing, and using an organization’s resources to direct the completion of projects within the budget and the given time period. Every project is unique and possesses distinct challenges. For example, tight deadlines and high expectations. Therefore project managers are hired to deal with the requirements of such projects. One of the best countries where a student can take up project management courses is Germany. Project Management courses in Germany include B.A., M.A., and even online courses. Keep reading to know more about the Project Management Courses in Germany, eligibility criteria, top universities, and more.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Project Management in Germany?
- Project Management Courses in Germany Syllabus
- Project Management Courses in Germany: Top Universities
- Project Management Courses in Germany Eligibility Requirements
- Documents Required
- Application Process
- Salary and Job Prospects
- Project Management Courses: Top Hiring Companies
- Future Scope
Also Read: Project Management Courses
Why Study Project Management in Germany?
Project Management courses in Germany enable students to learn in-depth about the subject. Moreover, they equip them with skills to become excellent project managers in the future. Here, we have listed some of the reasons why students should choose Project Management courses in Germany. These are listed below:
- German universities offer a variety of courses in project management. For example, MA in Project Management, Masters in Project Management and Data Science, among others
- The Project Management courses in Germany are recognized worldwide. Some of the best universities such as the International University of Applied Sciences, Arden Center, Berlin, etc offer this course. In fact, most universities provide this course in collaboration with Charted Management Institute. Thus, a student would be learning from the experts.
- The German education system is highly organised and courses are taught by professors who have professional experience in the area.
- Project Management courses in Germany are also helpful for project managers, and mid and senior-level executives who are looking forward to handling new projects
Project Management Courses in Germany Syllabus
The course overview can help a student understand the course content. Hence, we provided the syllabus for Project Management Courses in Germany. The Project management courses are highly focused programs that enable students to develop new skills that can be applied in a practical project. Thus, these courses help students gain work-ready experience.
MA Project Management Syllabus
The MA Project Management in Germany syllabus is as follows. The first 3 semesters include the student learning about the subject. While the 4th semester includes only Master Thesis and Colloquium. The course contains a total of 120 ECTS.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Applied Project Management||IT Project Management||Seminar: Managing People and Organizations||Master Thesis & Colloquium|
|Requirements Management||Agile Project Management||Managing in a Global Economy|
|Online Project Simulation||Change Management||Elective A*|
|Agile Project Management||Interview and Communication Techniques||Elective B*|
|Seminar: Managing People and Organizations||Project Controlling|
|Advanced Research Methods||Online Project Simulation|
MSc Project Management Syllabus
The MSc Project Management has core modules of (20 credits each ). The course overview for the subject is as follows:
- Management of traditional projects
- Agile methodologies in the digital business environment
- Project analytics
- Developing people, leadership, and capabilities
- Project management tools and techniques
- Elective (choose one- 20 credits): Managing cloud-based business solutions, Managing customer and user experience, Analysing big data
- Final project (60 credits): Business transformation project
Project Management Courses in Germany: Top Universities
Here is a list of the top universities offering Project Management courses in Germany. The fees of these universities are also listed below. Do note that some of these universities offer online courses.
|University/Organisation||Course Offered||Qs Ranking 2023||Total tuition Fees|
|German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD; German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst)||European Master’s in Project Management (EuroMPM)||Not Applicable||None|
|Arden University Berlin||MSc Project Management||NA||£10,550/11.09 lakh|
|IU International University of Applied Sciences||M.A. Project Management||NA||£15,800/INR 16.61 lakh|
|GISMA Business School||MSc Project Management||NA||£12,800/INR 13.46 lakh|
|HTW Berlin – University of Applied Sciences||Master in Project Management and Data Science||NA (82nd- World University Ranking)||£24,000/INR 25.24 lakh|
|Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences||MSc Project Management||2426||£30,000/INR 31.55 lakh|
|EU Business School (Munich Campus||MBA (Project Management||=25||£12,000/INR 12.62 lakh|
Project Management Courses in Germany are offered by several educational institutions. Here we have top online courses that students can apply for.
|Online Course||Course||Total Fee Required|
|Berlin School of Business and Innovation||Project Management||€1,320/INR 1.20 lakh|
|Invensis in Germany||Project Management: Training and certification||€1145/INR 1.04 lakh|
Project Management Courses in Germany Eligibility Requirements
The eligibility criteria for the project management courses in Germany vary on the basis of educational level. Moreover, it also depends on the course the student has taken up. Below we have listed the eligibility criteria for MA in Project Management and MSc in Project Management.
MA Project Management Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for MA in Project Management is as follows:
- The student must possess an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Must clear the English language proficiency exam. For example, IELTS with a minimum of 6.5/9
- A residency permit/visa is required for admission to the university
MSc Project Management Eligibility
The MSc Project Management eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The student must possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum score of 180 ECTS
- Additionally, the applicant must possess 1 year of professional experience after BA.
- Must clear the English language proficiency exam. For example, IELTS with a minimum of 6.5/9
To study in Germany, several documents have to be submitted by international students. These documents are required by the university to verify the student profile. Below are the key documents required by the universities in Germany:
- Academic transcripts of the student
- Passport, visa, and resume
- Proof of finances and English language proficiency
- LOR, and Statement of Purpose
Consult study abroad experts at Leverage Edu to receive any assistance. Next, Follow the steps below for the Project Management Course application process:
- Leverage Edu experts will help the student to choose the Project Management Course using the AI course finder
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL, etc need to be submitted.
- Next, the accommodation process, student visas, and scholarships/student loans process will be started
- Lastly, students need to wait for a period of 4-6 weeks for the application process to be completed
Also Read: MBA in Project Management
Salary and Job Prospects
There are several career options a student can choose after completing Project Management Courses in Germany. Some of these careers and the average annual salary provided to those who take up this course are listed below:
|Designation||Average Annual Salary in Germany|
|Administrative service manager||£37057/INR 39.04 lakh|
|Event manager||€38418/INR 34.99 lakh|
|Computer and information systems manager||€78,543/INR 71.54 lakh|
|Financial analyst||€65,501/INR 59.66 lakh|
|Supply chain management||€67181/ INR 61.18 lakh|
|Human resource manager||€51081/INR 46.52 lakh|
|Environmental restoration planner||€28,860/ INR 26.28 lakh|
Project Management Courses: Top Hiring Companies
Project Management is a dynamic field with several job opportunities. Hence, knowing the top recruiters in this field can be helpful for future careers. Here is a list of the top hiring companies in project management in Germany:
- Pertemps ERP
- Webasto Group.
- HUGO BOSS.
Project Management Courses in Germany offer several career options for students. For example, a student can choose to become a Project Coordinator, Construction Project Manager, Information Technology Project Manager, Environmental Research Project Manager, Human resource manager, or Administrative service manager, among others. However, the salary secured by an individual would vary depending on the skills, and experience acquired.
Also Read: How to Become a Project Manager?
Project Management courses in Germany are one of the most preferred courses for International students. To build a great career as a project manager students can take up internships, and work the way up by learning from the professionals in the field.
To become an IT project manager in Germany students need to acquire in-depth knowledge of organizing, planning, and managing projects. Additionally, students need to acquire a university degree in computer science, business administration, business information systems, or any other related field.
A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline is best for project management. For Masters students can take up MA in project management/MSc Project Management. A Specialised degree is a great choice for project managers.
Project Management Courses in Germany help students to gain in-depth knowledge of managing a project. It prepares students to be job ready. After completion of project management courses in Germany an individual can work as a project manager, project coordinator, or event manager among others. To discover more articles like this one, consult the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.