MBBS is one of the most popular courses among students. It is one of the most in-demand courses globally. Every year thousands of students pursue MBBS. Pursuing MBBS abroad is a popular choice among students to get international exposure and a chance to practice with the most developed technologies in the world. Studying MBBS Abroad is a dream of many medical aspirants and if you also wish to study MBBS in abroad, continue reading this blog.
|Duration||5 – 6 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||PCB in 10+2 with a min. of 50% aggregate|
|Mode of Instruction||English|
|Avg. Tuition Fees||INR 14 – 40 Lakh|
|Popular Destinations||USA, UK, and Russia|
Must Read: MBBS Abroad for Indian Students
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBBS Abroad?
The following are the top reasons to study MBBS Abroad:
- The career path after MBBS abroad offers multiple growth opportunities with high-paying and secure jobs
- You will also get to learn about new technological advancements in the field of medical science and learn the techniques to make lives better
- You will get to practice with the premium equipment available which will provide the best learning experience
- Many foreign universities are globally recognised, offering top-quality education to students and providing valuable international exposure
- Students will get a chance to learn from the top professionals in the field and know more about foreign medicine and practice
Must Read: Top 10 Advantages of Studying MBBS Abroad for Indian Students
Top Countries to Study MBBS
The following are the top countries to study MBBS :
The USA is one of the leading countries in terms of providing top-notch education to students in various fields including medicine. Pursuing MBBS in the USA is the dream of almost every medical aspirant. MBBS graduates have one of the highest-paying jobs in the United States. The USA is the hub of medical practice and is the home of many globally recognised and affordable universities.
UK is another popular study abroad destination among international students to pursue MBBS. With many top-ranking universities, it offers a wide variety of medical courses to students. Scholarships are another factor why many students choose to study in the UK. MBBS graduates have lucrative salary packages in the UK. Pursuing MBBS in the UK has an upper edge as the course duration is 5 – 6 years.
Russia is a prominent study-abroad destination among Indian students to pursue MBBS. The country is popular among students to pursue MBBS because of its affordability including both costs of studying and living. Students get an experience in practical teaching techniques and highly advanced medical technologies. Many Russian universities offer various specialization options to students.
Must Read: MBBS in Russia
Top Universities to Study MBBS
The following are the top universities in the world to study MBBS:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023||Avg. Tuition Fees||In INR|
|Harvard University||5||$51,143||42.45 Lakh|
|University of Oxford||4||$41,745||34.65 Lakh|
|University of Cambridge||2||$67,984||56.43 Lakh|
|Stanford University||3||$63,747||52.91 Lakh|
|Johns Hopkins University||24||$58,000||48.14 Lakh|
|University of California, Berkeley||27||$55,000||45.65 Lakh|
|University College London||8||$56,057||46.53 Lakh|
|Yale University||18||$42,120||34.96 Lakh|
|Imperial College London||6||$60,112||49.90 Lakh|
|University of California, San Fransico||$45,131||37.46 Lakh|
Popular Specializations in MBBS
The following are the popular specializations offered by MBBS:
An applicant must meet the following requirements to pursue MBBS Abroad:
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCB subject and a minimum aggregate of 50%
- The applying candidate must be of the age between 17 years to 25 years
- The applicant must have qualified for the NEET exam
- The candidate may be asked to submit their English language proficiency tests scores like IELTS or TOEFL
The following are the documents you will be required to pursue an MBBS program abroad:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for studying MBBS abroad:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs, and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Must Read: MBBS Subjects
Cost of Studying MBBS Abroad
The average cost of studying MBBS abroad is between INR 2.46 Lakh to 6.58 Lakh per year plus the accommodation cost or hostel fees of INR 16,454 – 21,391 per month. The overall cost of studying MBBS abroad is between INR 14 Lakh – 40 Lakh.
Scholarships for MBBS Abroad
Here are the top scholarships available for pursuing MBBS in different countries. Have a look:
|Beijing Government MBBS Scholarship||20,000 RMB||2.40 Lakh|
|Royal Thai Government MBBS Scholarship||Tuition fee + living cost||–|
|Vice Chancellor’s International MBBS Scholarship||varies||–|
|The Ibni Sina Medical Science Scholarship Programs||50,000 TRY||2.19 Lakh|
Job Profile and Salary
The following are the popular career path after pursuing MBBS abroad:
|Job Profile||Avg. Salary||In INR|
|Medical Doctor||$162,752||1.35 Cr|
|Clinical Researcher||$71,085||59.01 Lakh|
|Forensic Medical Officer||$127,964||1.06 Cr|
|Medical Professor||$168,622||1.39 Cr|
|Healthcare Consultant||$82,902||68.82 Lakh|
Must Read: Courses after MBBS You Must Consider
Pursuing an MBBS course abroad broadens your horizon of opportunities in the professional field. Students can choose to pursue a specialization after completing their MBBS. MBBS graduates have high salary packages. Since the pandemic, the demand for medical professionals in various sectors like healthcare, medicine, government and clinical research.
The following are the popular specializations in MBBS:
The following are the top reasons to study MBBS Abroad:
The career path after MBBS abroad offers multiple growth opportunities with high-paying and secure jobs
You will also get to learn about new technological advancements in the field of medical science and learn the techniques to make lives better
You will get to practice with the premium equipment available which will provide the best learning experience
The average salary of a medical doctor is $162,752 or INR 1.35 Cr.
Well, we hope that we have provided you with the relevant information on MBBS abroad. And if you wish to study this course or any other course abroad, contact Leverage Edu for total assistance or call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.