Graphic Designing is one of the most opted courses nowadays. The UK is one such country that offers top-notch graphic designing courses in various specializations, from Animation to VFX. The courses are designed to equip students with the latest design skills and technologies. Master in Graphic Designing in the UK is usually a 1-2 year program that helps students build a blooming career in Graphic Designing. If you wish to pursue Masters in Graphic Design UK then continue reading.
|Course Name||Master’s in Graphic Designing|
|Top Universities||University of Dundee, Middlesex University, Bangor University, University of Edinburgh|
|Average Tuition Fee||£ 250 to £22,500 ( INR 25,612.78 to INR23,04,454.62)|
|Average Salary||INR 16 Lakhs to INR 49 Lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in Graphic Design UK?
- Top Masters in Graphic Designing Courses in the UK
- Top Universities for Masters in Graphic Designing UK
- Eligibility Criteria for Graphic Designing in the UK
- Masters in Graphic Design in the UK without IELTS
- Cost of Studying Masters in Graphic Designing
- Career Scope for Graphic Designing in the UK
- Scholarships for Master’s in Graphic Design UK
Why Study Masters in Graphic Design UK?
UK universities are one of the best universities to study Graphic Designing courses. Students who want to study the graphic design course can divide their days between classes and studio time. Students will practise sketching, painting, and typography while studying the history of graphic design, design principles, and colour theory from a theoretical standpoint.
Here’s why you should choose to study Master in Graphic Design:
- The master’s program will help you to become a qualified graphic designer.
- The master’s program can be done offline, online or in both modes.
- While pursuing a Master’s in the UK you can learn about Typography, branding, editorial and book design, social enterprise, and digital interactive experiences.
- You can do the IELTS-free Master in Graphic Design in the UK.
Top Masters in Graphic Designing Courses in the UK
Graphic Designing is becoming one of the most popular courses these days. The UK is known for its best education system. Below are the top master in graphic design courses available in the UK:
- M.Sc Animation and VFX
- M.A Graphic Design and Visualisation
- M.A. Graphic Design
- M.Res Advance Visualisation, Virtual Environments
- M.A Animation
- M.A. Graphic Arts
- M.A. Graphic Design and Typography
Top Universities for Masters in Graphic Designing UK
Fees and Placement are the main factor that a student look for before applying for the course. The students who are planning to study Master in Graphic Designing in the UK below are the top universities for the Master in Graphic Designing along with the tuition fees, living fees and the courses offered by the universities:
|University of Dundee||M.Sc Animation and VFX|
|Loughborough University||M.A Graphic Design and Visualisation|
|University of Edinburgh||M.A. Graphic Design|
|Bangor University||M.Res Advance Visualisation, Virtual Environments|
|Middlesex University||M.A. Graphic Design|
|Nottingham Trent University||M.A. Graphic Design|
|University of Hertfordshire||M.A Animation|
|Anglia Ruskin University||M.A. Graphic Design and Typography|
|University of the West of England||M.A. Graphic Arts|
|University of Huddersfield||M.A. Graphic Design|
Check out the Best Graphic Design Courses here!
Eligibility Criteria for Graphic Designing in the UK
Students who are planning to study Master’s in Graphic Designing in the UK to take admission to the top universities must meet the eligibility criteria. Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria that the students have to follow before taking admissions:
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication with upper second-class honours.
- Candidates must have a Degree with honours in visual communication with second class.
- Candidates must have a graphic design degree with honours or related qualifications in a related field like visual communication, computer-related design, architecture, or fine art.
- Candidates must get a minimum passing grade of 50% to graduate with their Master’s in Graphic Design in the UK.
Find the Best Graphic Design Courses After 12th here!
English Language Requirement
International candidates who are applying for the Master’s in Graphic Designing from the UK have to clear English Language Tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE. Below mentioned are the requirements for the English test which the candidates have to follow:
- IELTS- 6.0
- TOEFL- 79
- PTE- 53
- English-speaking requisite: 6.5 overall on the IELTS with no components scoring lower than 5.5.
Must Read: How to Become a Graphic Designer?
Masters in Graphic Design in the UK without IELTS
Many universities in the UK ask for the eligibility criteria, even though the IELTS is one of the most asked exams in the UK. In the below-mentioned steps, the candidates will get to know about the eligibility criteria for studying in the UK without taking the IELTS examination:
- You have to score at least 60% on the 12th English language examination
- Some graphic design universities in the UK take into account a student’s senior secondary and matriculation in English test scores when determining how proficient they are in the English language.
- In the UK, several universities would rather speak with students. The candidates are usually interviewed over the phone. These interviews are conducted to know the candidates’ proficiency in the English language.
Cost of Studying Masters in Graphic Designing
|University||Tuition Fees (Approx.)||Indian Currency (INR)|
|University of Dundee||£20,900||INR 21,40,022.09|
|Loughborough University||£22,500||INR 23,04,454.62|
|University of Edinburgh||£25,000||INR 25,612.78|
|Bangor University||£17,000||INR 17,41,441.20|
|Middlesex University||£15,100||INR 15,47,288.46|
|Nottingham Trent University||£17,200||INR 17,61,988.64|
|University of Hertfordshire||£14,000||INR 14,34,459.34|
|Anglia Ruskin University||£15,000||INR 15,36,941.78|
|University of the West of England||£15,250||INR 15,62,829.15|
|University of Huddersfield||£7,900||INR 8,09,394.27|
There can be other expenses other than the tuition fees. The other expenses for studying in the UK include accommodation, Books, Personal expenses, and Health insurance. In the below-mentioned table there is the approx cost of studying:
|Types of Expenses||Average cost in INR (Approx.)|
|Books & Supplies||INR 0.76 Lakhs|
|Health Insurance||INR 1.07 Lakhs|
|Accommodation||INR 12.42 Lakhs|
|Personal Expenses||INR 1.46 Lakhs|
Cost of Living
Apart from the cost of studying graphic design in the UK, there are other expenses as well which include the cost of living. The cost of living in the UK totally depends on the university as the region the student is studying. The approximate cost of living in the UK can be INR 9 lakhs to 31 Lakhs per year.
Career Scope for Graphic Designing in the UK
There are various jobs available in the UK for students who have completed their Master’s in Graphic Designing. Below mentioned is the job profile for the Masters in Graphic Design students im UK:
- Character animators, modelers, producers, and stop-motion artists.
- 2D and 3D animators and 3D riggers.
- Animators, designers, producers, and technicians.
Students who are willing to apply for their Master’s in Graphic Design UK must know the task they have to perform while they are doing the job. Below mentioned are the tasks which are performed by the Graphic Designers:
- Design layouts and visuals for websites, business logos, and product illustrations.
- Analyse the time and expense needed to finish graphic design.
- Layouts should be designed, and colours and graphics should be chosen.
- Create graphic designs that match the needs of the client.
The salary of a Graphic Designer in the UK depends on the industry of employment, level of experience, and the region. Below mentioned is the average salary of a graphic designer in the UK:
- Junior Graphic Designer: The junior designer starts making between £18,000 and £23,000 (INR 16.33 to 20.88 lakhs). The salary will increase up to £27,000 (INR 24.5 lakhs) after having some experience.
- Earnings at a moderate level which is between £25,000 (INR 22.69 lakhs) to £38,000 (34.49 lakhs).
- Senior Graphic Designer: The senior designer starts making between £35,000 and £55,000 (INR 31.77 – 49.92 lakhs) annually.
- When you will have the experience you can expect to make between £200 and £400 (0.18-0.36 lakhs) per day as a freelancer.
Scholarships for Master’s in Graphic Design UK
There are various scholarships available for students who want to pursue their Master’s in Graphic Designing in the UK. Below mentioned are the scholarships which are need-based, tuition fee waivers, rewards and assistantships, and many other Scholarship for Graphic Design in the UK:
- Thomas and Margaret Roddan Scholarship
- AberGrad Scholarship
- International Excellence Scholarship
- Brunel Graduate Discount
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
- JN Tata Endowment
- Chevening Scholarships
- Deans Scholarships
- Felix Scholarships
- St Mary’s International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
Graphic design is in high demand, with many companies and individuals needing a designer for their business.
Graphic design is an excellent career for people who are creative thinkers and enjoy art, technology, and communication.
Lead Designer is the highest-paid graphic designer with an average salary of $110,001 (INR 90,65,182.41) and an average hourly rate of $52.89 (INR 4,358.66)
If you also wish to pursue Masters in Graphic Design in UK or any other country abroad, then reach out to Leverage Edu now where Study Abroad Experts will help you start your study journey abroad.