Many students across the world strive to get excellent education to boost their knowledge and career. They often dream about availing the best faculties and facilities from the best educational institutes in different parts of the world. Among the best places for international students, Japan provides excellent facilities and top-notch knowledge with modern innovation to students from across the world. If you are aspiring to apply for universities in Japan, and are worried about its costs, this blog may bring some needed help to you. JASSO or Japan Student Services Organization provides different kinds of scholarships to its international students, bringing its amazing educational facilities to many in need. If you would like to know more about the JASSO Scholarship for international students, read this blog till the end!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study in Japan?
- About JASSO Scholarships for International Students
- Best Universities in Japan for International Students
- Application Process for JASSO Scholarships for International Students
- Tips for Applying for JASSO Scholarship by International Students
Why Study in Japan?
Japan is one of the most student-friendly countries in the world, providing a safe haven for students from across the globe. Apart from providing excellent universities with high-ranked courses, there are the following reasons which may prevail you for choosing Japan as your study destination:
- World-Class Science and Technology- Despite struggling economically throughout its history after the tumultuous world wars, Japan has grown into a leading technology-advanced country with mind-blowing innovations and research.
- Fascinating Culture– Japan provides one of the most vibrant cultures in the world. The culture and its heritage go deep down in its citizens and likewise, they celebrate and respect other cultures too.
- Conducive Living Environment– Apart from being one of the safest places for students, Japan is mostly cheap and provides a good atmosphere, both politically and socially for international students.
- Diverse International Students– Japan boasts of providing a place to students from across 170 countries around the world, boosting their academic career and excellence.
About JASSO Scholarships for International Students
JASSO ( Japan Student Services Organization) is a Japanese-government-organized scholarship program to provide financial support across different categories for international students to make their dream come true. JASSO as an organization was formed under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, to provide different kinds of help to students in need. JASSO aims to foster and nurture the leaders of the next generation along with supporting international understanding and exchange. It supports students with an excellent academic background and are in need of financial help to continue their dream of studying in Japan for programmes they wish for.
Categories of JASSO Scholarships for International Students
There are many categories of JASSO Scholarships for diverse backgrounds of students in need of financial help. These Scholarships have been listed below:
Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students: Provides scholarships for privately financed international students with excellent academic and character records and is in need of financial help.
|Graduate/ Undergraduate Level||48,000 yen per month (INR 27,400)|
|Japaneses Language Institutes||30,000 yen per month (INR 17,100)|
Scholarship Period- The period can either be for 12 months (From April to next March) or for 6 months (From October to next March).
Eligibility: There are certain eligibility requirements for Monbukagakusho Scholarship. Some of the major eligibility requirements have been listed below:
- The candidate is enrolled as a full-time student in a graduate school in Japan or has an undergraduate at least.
- Must have a GPA of 2.30 or more in graduate or undergraduate level or the Japanese Language Institute in the previous academic year.
- For specifically international students, those who have a score of 200 points or more in Japanese as a Foreign Language of EJU ( Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)
Must Read: Japan Education System: Know All About It!
Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Study in Japan under an agreement): This scholarship is for qualified international students who have been accepted at a Japanese University for a Student Exchange Program under an agreement from their home school.
Monthly Stipend: 80,000 yen (INR 45,563)
Scholarship Period: It can range from one week to a year. Students must begin their studies in Japan as designated by their home school.
Eligibility: There are certain eligibility requirements which must be fulfilled and they have been listed below:
- Students from all countries are allowed to have diplomatic relations with Japan (students from Taiwan and Palestine are also allowed).
- Students have been accepted from Japanese Universities for the student exchange program.
- Students no financially capable to fund their exchange program
- Student eligible for a student visa
- Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home school.
- Students getting financial help of more than 80,000 yen (INR 45,563) from Japanese universities are ineligible for this scholarship.
Other Scholarship Programs by JASSO to Promote Student Exchange Program:
There are some specific JASSO Scholarship Programs to support Student Exchange Program for its international students. They have been listed below:
- Tokyo International Exchange Centre- Established in 2001 to promote students from across the globe to be mingled together and nurture diversity with stress on academic and technological talks.
- Hyogo International House- Established in 1999, it develops programs that promote different international student events.
Also Read: Top Study Abroad Intakes
Best Universities in Japan for International Students
Japan has some highest ranked universities which provide top-notch academic and other facilities to its students and to international students. The following is a list of some of the best universities in Japan for international students.
|University name||QS World University Ranking 2023|
|The University of Tokyo||23|
|Tokyo Institute of Technology||University Name|
Application Process for JASSO Scholarships for International Students
There are certain basic processes involved in applying for a JASSO Scholarships for international students. The steps have been listed below:
- First, you need to apply for a course of your choice in the Japanese University you wish to study in.
- After getting the Offer Letter from the University, you can get in touch with your University to help you know in detail about the JASSO Scholarship Program.
- After knowing about the right scholarship to choose from the JASSO Scholarship Program, get ahead with filling out the application form for the scholarship and providing all the necessary details and documents as required.
- Although the Scholarship by JASSO is very competitive with lakhs of applications every year, you must prepare your best shot and have faith in yourself.
Also Read: Fall Semester v. Spring Semester
Tips for Applying for JASSO Scholarship by International Students
There are certain tips that the applicant must keep in mind before applying for the Scholarship Program.
- Consider and Discuss in detail with different people, including your senior, teachers and any connection currently availing the JASSO Scholarship, to choose the right scholarship program which can help you the most and the right-suited one for you.
- Start Early with your Application Process and be consistent with it.
- Support your Application with unique inputs, which can make your application stand different from thousands of applications received by JASSO.
- Check, recheck and meet the deadline for Application Form submission.
The average financial aid provided by the JASSO Scholarship is around 80,000 yen per month.
Yes, the JASSO Scholarship provides financial aid for international students as well as the Student Exchange Program.
JASSO stands for Japan Student Services Organization, which is a government-organized student-based forum to provide loans and financial help to international as well as Japanese students.
This was everything related to the JASSO Scholarship Program for International Students. If you want someone to help you get through the process swiftly and without losing out on the best universities, you can reach us at 1800 57 2000 and contact our Leverage Edu experts for your Study Abroad dreams. Also, you can find many career-related informative blogs by following Leverage Edu Blogs. For more information and updates you can follow us on Facebook Instagram Twitter and Linkedin