How to Book IELTS Exam in India: If your dream is to study abroad, you ought to sit for the IELTS exam. This English proficiency test is predominantly undertaken by those who wish to either pursue their education or relocate overseas, especially in English Speaking nations. India is known to house 75 test centres for IELTS.
Aspirants who wish to undertake the said exam are required to book their seats in accordance with their preference. IELTS aspirants in India must opt for the IDP IELTS booking option to book their exam slots. Read through the article to know more about the slot booking process for the IELTS exam in India.
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: IELTS Speaking Topics
How to Book an IELTS Slot in India?
There are two ways one can book their IELTS slots in India, i.e., via online and offline modes. Given below are the details regarding both slot booking options.
IDP IELTS Slot Booking Online
Those who wish to book their slots for the IELTS Online exam in India must refer to the mentioned steps below.
- Candidates must visit the official website of IELTS and create their profile accounts.
- Once the profile has been created, it is critical for one to log into their accounts and click on the ‘Register for Test’ option.
- This will require individuals to choose their preferred IELTS test.
- Once the test type has been selected by the applicant, he/she must select their preferred test centres, exam dates and slots.
- One must then attest their scanned documents, including passport (copy) and other relevant credentials.
- It is critical for one to pay the requisite test fee via credit/debit cards.
- Doing so will send confirmation emails to students.
- One must book their speaking test slots and select the exam date/time in accordance with their preference.
IDP IELTS Slot Booking Offline
Those who wish to sit for the IELTS Offline exam must book their slots in the nearest test centres. Such candidates can refer to the following steps through the offline slot booking process.
- One must go to the official website of IELTS.
- Once done with that, candidates must locate the test centres that are in close proximity to their own residences.
- Candidates must register themselves on the website and submit the requisite application fee.
- It is critical for applicants to submit the registration fee of INR 16,250.
- Once the applications are evaluated by authorities, candidates will receive a confirmation from the test centres.
- Candidates should not exceed the age limit of 16 years.
- It is crucial for aspirants to procure their identity proof, such as passports, during the time of examination.
Documents Required for IELTS Slot Booking
IELTS aspirants hailing from India must refer to the following list of documents that are crucial for one to book their exam slots.
Documents Required for IELTS Online
Candidates aspiring to sit for the IELTS Online exam must have the following list of documents to ensure a successful slot booking process.
- Demand Draft stating the proof of payment.
- A payment slip from ICICI Bank (British Council).
- Confirmation of IELTS Application
Documents Required for IELTS Offline
Candidates appearing for the IELTS Offline exam must procure the following list of documents during the registration process.
- Application Form for IELTS
- Payment Proof of IELTS Exam (ICICI Bank’s Payment slip)
IELTS Test Dates 2023
It is important for IELTS aspirants to go through the crucial test dates in order to prepare better for their examination.
IELTS Test Dates (Online) 2023
Individuals who wish to partake in the IELTS Online Exam must refer to the following dates.
|July||July 1- July 31 2023||Slot 1:9 AM to 12 PM
Slot 2: 1 PM to 4 PM
Slot 3: 5 PM to 8 PM
|August||August 1 to August 31 2023**
August 15 and August 30- No Exam
|9 AM to 12 PM
1 PM to 4 PM
5 PM to 8 PM
IELTS Test Dates (Offline)
Candidates aspiring to appear for the IELTS Offline Exam can go through the following examination dates.
|July||July 6, July 15, July 22, July 29||1 PM to 4 PM|
|August||August 5, August 10, August 19, August 26||1 PM to 4 PM|
|September||September 2, September 9, September 14, September 23||1 PM to 4 PM|
|October||October 7, October 12, October 21, October 28||1 PM to 4 PM|
|November||November 4, November 9, November 18, November 25||1 PM to 4 PM|
|December||December 2, December 7, December 9, December 16||1 PM to 4 PM|
Aspirants undertaking the IELTS Exam must book their seats 3 to 4 months prior to the registration deadline.
Students aspiring to sit for the IELTS exam must procure their Identity Proof (Passport, ID) during the registration process and on the date of examination.
One should not bring the following items to the examination centre:
Electronics such as mobile phones.
Candidates appearing for the IDP IELTS Exam must submit a registration fee of INR 16,250
IELTS can be instrumental for those who wish to study or relocate abroad. Therefore, it is critical for one to register and book the exam within the given deadlines. This way, one can ensure that they are successfully registered for the said exam.
To know more about the IELTS slot booking process sign up for an online demo session with our study abroad experts. If you are aiming for this IELTS 2023, we will help you in gearing up for your IELTS exam with the best preparation strategy and study materials to achieve a higher band score and get into your dream university abroad!