The International English Language Testing System, or popularly known as IELTS, is one of the most renowned exams for non-native English language speakers to pursue higher education or work in countries abroad. The exam tests your English communication skills and the scorecard serves as proof of your proficiency in the language. Since the IELTS is a widely attempted and accepted examination around the world, booking the examination slot can be challenging.
Thus, in this blog, we will discuss the IELTS slot booking process in a comprehensive way. But before understanding the process, let us go through a brief overview of the exam.
Overview of the IELTS Exam
The English proficiency test is conducted across the globe by the IELTS partners namely, the Cambridge English Language Assessment, British Council, and IDP Education. These partners are responsible for conducting tests in both offline and online mode. Here is a brief summary of the types of the IELTS exams:
- Academic IELTS- This is the primary exam that helps students pursue education abroad.
- IELTS General exam- The language test is for those who want to study or immigrate to the UK or other English speaking countries like Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
- A new test called the IELTS life skills test examines the candidates listening and speaking skills and the core obtained is used to complete the UK visa and some immigration formalities.
In case you find your IELTS results unsatisfactory, you can reappear for the examination any number of times until the desired marks are achieved. The language test examines the Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening skills of the candidate. You can also read some tips on how to crack IELTS.
IELTS Slot Booking Process
Before proceeding with the IELTS slot booking process, the candidates must satisfy certain eligibility criteria. To appear for this exam, the applicant must be 16 years of age or above. The candidate should also possess a valid passport. The exam fee for Indian students is around INR 13,000 which is inclusive of taxes. The registration process for the IELTS can be done either through online or offline mode. Here is a comprehensive summary of the IELTS slot booking process:
IELTS Slot Booking Process for Online Mode
- Register and create your profile on either the IDP or the British Council website.
- Fill out the details required in the form correctly.
- Choose your preferred test centre and the exam date.
- Pay the fee amount using a valid credit card(Master or Visa).
- The candidates will be sent an email that confirms the payment. It will also have the details on how to access the online preparation course for IELTS.
- In case the payment for IELTS slot booking is made through cash or demand draft then the application acknowledgement and copy of the fee receipt have to be sent to the British Council office.
- All the applicants are advised to preserve the email as it might possess vital information that will be necessary later.
IELTS Slot Booking Process Offline Mode
- Visit the official website and download the application form.
- After taking a printout, fill out the important details carefully
- Visit the official website and choose a test date of your convenience.
- The exam date is confirmed through an email.
- You need to make the payment either through demand draft or cash in some of the banks recognized by the council.
- After completing the formalities, you will have to send these documents to the nearest test centre.
- If the IELTS slot booking is done through this mode then the candidate must send a copy of the application form along with the fee receipt to the office of the British Council.
- If the IELTS slot booking is done through courier or post, then the applicants will receive the confirmation mail and the details to access the preparation material within 7 days of receiving the documents.
Hopefully, with this blog, you are now aware of the IELTS slot booking process. If you need any further assistance then you can get in touch with the counsellors at Leverage Edu who will not only help you with the application process but will also help complete the admission formalities of universities abroad. You can book a free 30 minutes counselling session with our experts. Hurry up, book now!