Hassle-free registration is one of the most crucial steps in the journey towards appearing for an exam. Any single mistake can steal your chance of getting closer to getting qualified for the program or job position you are opting for. For those who aspire to attain overseas education, the language proficiency test scores form an essential part of the admission criteria. One such exam is IELTS, i.e. International English Language Testing System which those candidates need to qualify who are willing to study abroad in a country where English is not an official language. The test is available under two variants – IELTS Academic and General Training in which the applicants are evaluated on parameters like Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. If you aspire to appear for this exam, here is a blog to guide you through the IELTS registration process.
Check Out Our Detailed Guide on How to Prepare for IELTS?
This Blog Includes:
IELTS Eligibility Criteria
Being one of the most prestigious English proficiency tests, there are no set parameters or conditions which can be put under the IELTS eligibility except that the candidate must be above the age of 16 years. Hence, all those aspiring to study abroad or wanting to settle overseas can gear up for the exam and qualify it with good band scores to add to their course or visa application.
Related Read: IELTS Score for Canada
IELTS Online Registration
IELTS can be taken several times in a year. Catering to the increasing number of people planning to get higher education overseas or applying to settle abroad, IELTS gets organised 48 times in a year in India which means 4 times in every 4 months. You can plan to take the test as per your convenience. Also, the candidates are given the liberty for multiple re-attempts as there is no set limit to take the IELTS examination as specified by the official authorities. You can appear for the test as many times as you want till the time you fetch that perfect score but you have to pay the exam fee of INR 13,250 every time you appear for it. Now, let us have a look at the IELTS registration process elucidated in the following pointers:
1. Visit the official website of IELTS.
2. Click on the ‘Register for Test’ option.
3. Select your preferable test and test type.
4. You will be given a list of test centres in your country. Select your nearest test centre as well as the date on which you want to take IELTS and then click on “Book Now”.
5. You will be redirected to any of the IELTS affiliated institutions in India such as the British Council, Cambridge English Language Assessment, amongst others. Select the country and test type again and then choose a date and then the time you can appear for IELTS.
6. Then, you will be asked to create an account where you must fill in your personal details carefully.
7. Add your registration details.
8. Upload the copies of your passport.
9. Select the list of colleges/universities you want to share your IELTS scores with.
10. Review the entire application before submitting the form.
11. Pay your IELTS registration fee, i.e. INR 13,250.
12. Take the printout of the fee acknowledgement receipt.
You cannot miss: How to Prepare for IELTS Online?
Offline Process for IELTS Registration
Aspirants can also register for this exam through offline mode as well. For this method, you must register with its affiliated institutions such as the British Council. You need to take a printout the application form. Fill it and then you can submit it at the respected offices. You can make the payment of the IELTS registration fee through your credit card, debit card, bank draft or demand draft method. Moreover, you will also get an instant confirmation of your registration.
IELTS Slot Booking
Before booking the slot for IELTS test, make sure that you have devised a proper preparation plan as one needs ample time to gear up for this test. Once you have contemplated about when to take the exam, you can easily book the slots of the exam without much hassle. All you need for the slot booking is your valid passport along with credit/debit card to make the online payment of INR 13,250. Following are some points to remember while booking your slot during IELTS registration:
- Candidates must be 16 years old or above.
- The information put down on the application form shall completely match the details on the passport.
- Make sure that you carry your passport to the examination hall.
Recommended Read: Different IELTS Bands
IELTS Test Schedule
Selecting the appropriate date for the IELTS examination is one of the crucial steps of the registration process. Wisely selecting the date plays an important role in fetching you a good score. Around 48 dates are laid down IELTS-affiliated testing institutions such as the British Council from which the aspirant can select the suitable one. You must enquire about upcoming intakes abroad specifically in terms of your dream study destination and university. Accordingly, you should select the test date at least 3-4 months prior to admission dates so that if the score in your first attempt does not match the requirements, you can easily take up the test again with better preparation.
IELTS Test Centres in India
IELTS test centres are spread across the major cities of India and you can opt for the nearest one during the registration. Here is a table listing down the various IELTS test centres in India:
|Mumbai & Navi Mumbai||Karnal||Jaipur||Kochi|
Thus, we hope that this blog about IELTS registration has helped you gain a clear insight of how to register the exam. Getting a promising score in the exam will take you closer to your career aspirations. Take exclusive online IELTS coaching from Leverage Edu and qualify the exam with flying colours. Click here to sign up for an online IELTS demo session with our experts and get all your queries answered!