Computer architecture is a fundamental concept that is at the core of how computers function. It deals with the design and organization of computer systems, including hardware and software components. It involves understanding the different layers of a computer system and how they work together to perform specific tasks. In this article, we will explore the various aspects of computer architecture, including courses, types, interview questions, and the scope of this field.
BSc in Computer Science
BSc in Computer Architecture
BTech in Computer Architecture
|Course Duration||UG: 3-4 Years
PG: 2 Years
|Course Eligibility||UG: 10+2 with a minimum of 50%
PG: Graduate with a minimum of 50%
|Average Fee||UG: 4-10 LPA
PG: 4-6 LPA
|Average Salary||UG: 4-6 LPA
Why Study Computer Architecture?
The purpose of studying this course is to understand the depth of knowledge of computer characteristics and structure:
- This course helps us to understand the functionality of the computer and its operating system
- The study of Computer Architecture helps to understand the code and its very helpful when you are writing code for an embedded system
- Computer Architecture helps us to understand computer functionality, design, and compatibility
Types Of Computer Architecture
There are two main types:
- Von Neumann Architecture: This architecture is named after John von Neumann, who proposed the concept in the 1940s. It involves a single bus system that connects the CPU, memory, and input/output devices.
- Harvard Architecture: This architecture separates the memory and CPU, using separate buses for each. This allows for faster processing times and is often used in embedded systems.
Also, Read – Top Architecture Courses
We have researched the top colleges offering computer architecture programs according to the QS World University Rankings
|Universities||QS Ranking 2023|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT||1|
|University of Cambridge||2|
|Imperial College London||6|
|California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||6|
|The University of Oxford||4|
Courses and Eligibility
There are various courses available to study computer architecture, and professionals in this field are in high demand.
|Popular UG program
BSc Sofware engineering
|Student Needs to complete 10+2 with one additional subject computer or Information Practices in 12th standard At least 55% marks are required for admission in this course|
|Popular PG program
MSc in Computer Science
|Student Must be Graduated in BSc computer science, Architecture or any other related field and Passed with a Minimum of 55%|
Here are some common interview questions related:
- What is computer architecture and why is it important?
- What are the main components of a computer system?
- What is the difference between Von Neumann and Harvard architectures?
- What is cache memory and why is it important?
- What are the different types of instruction sets?
Also, Read – How To Become Information Architect In India
- Critical Thinking
- C+, C++
- Cloud Computing
- Dept knowledge of CPU
- Knowledge of Operating Systems
The admission process is depending upon the university’s requirements, given step gives you an idea but the admission process
- If you want to pursue this course from India students need to fill out the application form from the preferred university
- You can fill admission form online or you can visit the admission centre of the same university this process makes your admission process easy
- if you are looking to pursue this course from Abroad all with the minimum mark in academic students need to fulfil the requirement of English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE
- The score on English tests can vary, but the eligible score for IELTS is 7Overall, TOFEL is above 91, and PTE is above 57
- Updated Resume
- Passport size Photographs
- Academic Transcript
The field of computer architecture is vast and ever-evolving. As technology continues to advance, the need for professionals with expertise in computer architecture will only grow. Computer architects are needed in a wide range of industries, including the tech sector, finance, and healthcare. Some potential career paths in this field include computer systems analyst, computer hardware engineer, and software developer.
Jobs Prospect with Salary
Computer Architecture is a broad field with this course you can explore all the given job opportunities:
|Job Profile||Average Starting Salary|
|Computer Systems Analyst||4LPA|
|Computer Hardware Engineer||4.5LPA|
The below table includes the country-wise salary for Computer Architecture:
|Countries||Average Pay (Annual)|
These are the top hiring companies, that hire Computer Architecture
Also, Read- How To Become a Software Engineer
A. Computer architecture refers to the design and organization of computer systems, including hardware and software components. It deals with how the different layers of a computer system work together to perform specific tasks.
A. The main components of a computer system include the CPU (central processing unit), memory, input/output devices, and storage devices.
A. Von Neumann architecture involves a single bus system that connects the CPU, memory, and input/output devices, while Harvard architecture separates the memory and CPU, using separate buses for each.
This article is all about Computer Architecture and includes all the details about Computer Architecture, if you want to explore more courses, you can reach out to leverage edu, and our expert will help you to know more about the different courses for more information you can call on this no. 1800 57 2000 and book your fee counselling session with us