In order to improve impact, comprehension, and readability, information architects design and modify material and information. They create information layouts and templates by combining sound linguistic techniques with design concepts. To enhance information delivery, they also assess UX trends, analyze comments, and inform design processes. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in this field, this comprehensive guide will walk you through the steps to becoming an Information Architect in India.
This Blog Includes:
- What is an Information Architect?
- What Does an Information Architect Do?
- How to Become an Information Architect in India?
- Top Courses for Information Architect
- Top Colleges for Information Architect in India
- Admission Process
- Scope of Information Architect
What is an Information Architect?
Information Architecture is a crucial aspect of website and application design, responsible for organizing and structuring information for optimal user experience. With the growing importance of digital media, the demand for Information Architects has increased significantly in India.
Information architecture testing’s ultimate goal is to improve content discoverability and assist people in finding what they’re looking for on a website or mobile application. Navigation, findability, and user experience are all significantly hampered by organising and categorising content.
What Does an Information Architect Do?
Here are the typical job responsibilities of an Information Architect in India:
- Builds the information architecture for websites and apps.
- Makes decisions based on market research and user data.
- Runs A/B tests, multi-variate tests, and additional user tests.
- Leads focus groups and user experience interviews.
How to Become an Information Architect in India?
Here are the steps to becoming an Information Architect in India
Acquire a Strong Foundation in Design Principles
- Develop an understanding of graphic design, typography, and visual arts.
- Familiarize yourself with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision.
- Study user-centered design principles, such as usability, accessibility, and user experience (UX) design.
Learn the Fundamentals of Information Architecture
- Study the basic concepts of information architecture, such as card sorting, site maps, and wireframes.
- Learn about different IA models and methods, such as task analysis and scenario planning.
- Understand the role of metadata, taxonomies, and information architecture patterns in organizing information.
Get Practical Experience
- Participate in internships or volunteer opportunities to gain hands-on experience in Information Architecture.
- Work on personal projects and build your own portfolio.
- Network with other Information Architects and attend industry events to stay updated on the latest trends and developments.
Obtain a Degree or Certification
- Consider obtaining a degree in UX design, Information Architecture, or a related field to demonstrate your expertise and commitment to the profession.
- Look into obtaining certifications, such as the Certified Information Architecture Professional (CIAP) or the Information Architecture Institute’s (IAI) Certified Information Architect (CIA) designation.
These are some of the skill set required for Information Architect course:
- Client-Facing Communication
- Understanding of User-Centered Design
- Concept Testing
- Critical Thinking
- Thought Leadership.
- Card Sorting.
Top Courses for Information Architect
Here are some of the courses for the Information Architect in India:
B.Tech in Architecture
BE in Architecture
B.Tech in information Architecture
M.Tech In Architecture
M.Tech In Information Architecture
|Students must graduate with aggerate of 55% in the field of Architecture and in any other related field.|
Top Colleges for Information Architect in India
These are some of the Indian Universities and colleges that offer Information Architect programs:
|Colleges||Average Fee||Average Package|
|IIT Roorkee||10.00 Lakh||10.00 Lakh|
|NIT Calicut||6.25 Lakh||3.50 Lakh|
|IIT Kharagpur||50.00 Lakh||9.00 Lakh|
|School of Planning and Architecture Delhi||3.70 Lakh||5.00 Lakh|
|National School of Technology Trichy||6.25 Lakh||3.00 Lakh|
|School Planning and Architecture||2.79 Lakhs||4.56 Lakh|
|VNIT Nagpur||6.25 Lakh||5.00 Lakh|
|SPA Bhopal||2.50 Lakh||9.90 Lakh|
The admission process for the Information Architect course typically involves the submission of an online application, along with your academic transcripts and a personal statement. Some institutions may require an entrance exam or an interview as part of the admission process.
Here is a list of documents required for admission to Information Architecture courses in India:
- Educational Certificate including 10th and 12th Marksheets/ passing certificate.
- Passport size photo
- Entrance Examination Score Card if any
- Evidence of Citizenship
- Cv/ Resume
Scope of Information Architect
The demand for Information Architects is growing in India due to the increasing importance of digital media in businesses and organizations. Information Architects with experience and a strong portfolio can advance to leadership positions, such as Director of Information Architecture or Chief Information Architect. The field offers opportunities for ongoing professional development, including attending conferences and workshops and obtaining certifications
Here are the career opportunities after Information Architecture in India:
- Information Architecture for websites and applications
- UX/UI design for digital media
- Technical writing and documentation
- Digital content strategy and management
Here is the average salary for Information Architecture in India:
|Job Profile||Average Salary Per Annum|
|Website And application Developer||3-20Lakhs|
|Digital content Creator||3-7Lakhs|
Mentioned are the top recruiting companies for Information Architects in India:
- Tech Mahindra
- Tata Consultancy Services
Ans. Information Architecture is a crucial aspect of website and application design, responsible for organizing and structuring information for optimal user experience. With the growing importance of digital media, the demand for Information Architects has increased significantly in India.
Ans. Examples of Effective Information Architecture:
Small business content audit information architecture. Image credit singlegrain.com.
Charity App Information Architecture. Image credit Bogomola Anfisa.
Information Architecture example for a mobile app. Image credit Pedro Aires.
Ans. An information architecture is a written description of how a product behaves and performs for users. Similar to a digital product’s blueprint, it shows all of the pages, content, interactions, and behaviour of the whole thing.