The word “alien” has two meanings, firstly something strange or unfamiliar. Secondly, this is used in science fiction and fantasy to describe creatures from different galaxies. Some common antonym words for alien are human, local, native, terrestrial, earthly etc. Read the blog article below and find the meaning of alien, its antonyms and quiz!
Meaning of Alien
In the most common sense, “alien” refers to something or someone that is not from the same country, place, or region. It can describe things or people from another country or foreign culture.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Antonyms of Alien
Some common antonyms of alien are as follows:
Must Read: Antonyms of Demand, with Meaning & Examples
Usage with Examples
Antonyms of alien with some common examples are given below:
- As a naturalized citizen, James enjoys all the rights and privileges of his adopted country.
- The old house looked eerily familiar as if I had been there before.
- The restaurant serves dishes made with fresh, local ingredients sourced from nearby farms.
- Sarah has been my friend for over a decade, and we share many memories and experiences.
- Maria is a native of New York, and she knows the city like the back of her hand.
Antonyms of Alien Quiz!
Pick the correct antonym of alien from the options listed below:
This was all about the antonym of “alien” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.