The antonyms of ‘Brave’ are coward, fearful, getting cold feet, etc. As the word ‘Brave’ is an adjective that describes someone who does not chicken out in any challenging situation.
The word “brave” comes from the Middle French word “brave” meaning “splendid, valiant,” which is derived from the Italian word “bravo” meaning “bold, brave.”
Meaning of Brave
Brave refers to showing courage or fearlessness in the face of danger or difficulty. To elaborate, it means possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Brave
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Brave to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The antonym of ‘Brave’ is appropriate to describe someone who chooses not to be courageous in any or every situation.
Take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of deep in a sentence:
- The cowardly soldier fled from the battlefield at the first sign of danger.
- She was too fearful to confront her boss about the unfair treatment she was receiving.
- The timid child refused to speak up in class, even when she knew the answer.
- His weak character made him an easy target for bullies.
- The frightened cat hid under the bed during the thunderstorm.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning ad Examples
Antonyms of Brave Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Brave’ from the options given below:
This was all about the antonym of Brave with meaning and examples. Hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.