The Vishwa Konkani Scholarship Fund aims to offer merit-cum means-based scholarships to needy students who speak Konkani as their mother tongue. Scholarships for undergraduate study in the fields of engineering and MBBS are available through this flagship initiative of the VKSSF. The annual scholarship amount for each student is Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 40,000, respectively. More than 2000 scholarships have been granted under this initiative by VKSS since it began in 2010.
In addition to this, the Vishwa Konkani Scholarship Fund offers a number of other scholarship opportunities, including master’s, study abroad, and endowed scholarship programs. In this blog, we are sharing information on the flagship engineering and medical scholarships offered by VKSSF. Students who wish to apply for the scholarship will learn about the eligibility, process, amount granted, documents required, etc. of the scholarship.
|Name of the Scholarship||Vishwa Konkani Scholarship|
|Scholarship Provider||Vishwa Konkani Scholarship Fund|
|Last Date to Apply||Not available as of yet|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|VKSS Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
This Blog Includes:
- Types of Scholarships
- Detailed Scholarship Information
- Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarships Application Process
- Documents Required For Vishwa Konkani Scholarship
Types of Scholarships
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Provider|
|Engineering and MBBS Programme||VKSSF|
|Master Degree Programme||VKSSF|
|Study Abroad Programme||VKSSF|
Detailed Scholarship Information
|Forms of VKSSF Scholarship||Details|
|Engineering and MBBS Programme||The applicant’s mother tongue should be Konkani. Their annual family income should not exceed Rs. 5 lakhs. They must be getting enrolled in the first year of either engineering or MBBS degree programmes. Amount granted: Rs. 30,000 and 40,000 per annum for engineering and MBBS respectively.|
|Master Degree Programme||This programme is offered to students pursuing their master’s degree in any disciplineAmount granted: It is not specified.|
|Study Abroad Programme||This Scholarship is available to students who wish to take admitted to any foreign university. Amount granted: Rs. 1 lakh per annum|
|Special Programs||VKSSF awards PUC and DEGREE scholarships under this scheme to empower students from communities such as Kudubi and Kharvi. There is a separate programme for Konkani Speaking Students from Kerala.VKSSF also supports the “Vidya Poshak” “Udupi” “Kharvi Vidya Nidhi”, and “Kundapur” scholarship programs. Amount granted: Rs. 2500 and 5,000 respectively.|
|Endowments Programs||Endowment Programmes are special scholarship programmes established in accordance with donors’ instructions. Currently, VKSSF has two programmes.“Shri Ramadas V. Rao and Smt. Meenakshi R. Rao Scholarship for MBBS Studies for One girl Student.”Late Padubidri Sadananda Shenoy Family Scholarship for MBBS Studies.|
Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Key parameters for students to be eligible for the Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship program are listed below:
- Be a Konkani-speaking individual.
- Pursue higher education such as college or postgraduate studies.
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Have a good academic record and character.
It is recommended to verify the eligibility requirements with the scholarship provider as they may vary and be subject to change.
Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarships Application Process
The online portal for the Vishwa Konkani Students Scholarship makes it easy for students to apply for the scholarship. Here is a step-by-step description of what you need to do to apply for VKSS. But it is always best to read the guidelines and rules carefully before starting the application process. This will help you avoid making mistakes that could cause the form to be cancelled.
Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarships Registration
- Visit the Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarships 2022 website.
- If you are new, then register by clicking on “Register.”
- Save the password and email for future login.
Completion of the Application Form
- Click on the login window on the homepage of the Scholarship portal.
- Enter your registered email and password.
- Next, the VKSS application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose between the MBBS and engineering scholarships, whichever one you want to apply for.
- Now fill out the required details, like personal information, contact information, family income, qualifications, CA and family doctor reference details, and other exceptional information, etc.
- At last, you are required to attach documents like a mother tongue certificate, mark sheet, photo, etc.
- After checking the application form thoroughly, submit it.
Also Read: Maharaj Rajarshi Shahu Scholarships
Documents Required For Vishwa Konkani Scholarship
- Passport Size photo
- Mother tongue certificate/ Study certificate which clearly indicates Konkani is your mother tongue/ Transfer certificate which clearly indicates Konkani is your mother tongue
- Proof of rank at the entrance.
- PUC marks certificate
According to the school’s entry record, the applicant’s mother tongue can be verified by requesting a certificate from the head of the institution where they passed their SSLC or 10th-grade exam. You can also submit your transfer certificate which proves Konkani to be your first language/mother tongue.
No, you can only apply for the scholarship through VKSS online portal.
If you need any help regarding form submission, you can write from your registered e-mail address to email@example.com or you can call on 9900924313 between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.