As a student, you might not know about several scholarships that you may avail of. One such is Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship. India is a country with around 1.4 billion people. Out of which 19% have been categorized as a minority. Despite India having such a big minority it’s unfortunate how people belonging to this category are unaware of the resources available to them. Today, we bring a scholarship opportunity, especially for our readers belonging to religious minority groups. Go through the blog to know more about Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship.
|Name of the scholarship||Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship|
|Sponsor Name||Central Government, India|
|Department Name||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Eligibility||Students from IX-XII belonging to the minority class|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 5,000 (9th and 10th class girls)
Rs. 6,000 (11th and 12th class girls)
This Blog Includes:
About Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
The Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship is a government-run program in India aimed at supporting girl students from minority communities. Named after the fearless queen Hazrat Mahal who fought against British rule during the 1857 uprising, the scholarship offers financial support for secondary and senior secondary education. The award covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other educational costs. Eligibility is based on factors such as family income, academic achievement, and more.
The scholarship is designed to uplift the socio-economic status of minority girls and provide them with the means to pursue their education. The objective is to promote education and empower young women from minority communities. The scholarship is an excellent opportunity for minority girls who face financial difficulties and want to continue their education.
Eligibility Criteria For Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
- Your minority group has been recognised and listed under National Commission for Minorities Act, of 1992.
- Minority girls studying in IX-XII must have scored a minimum of 50% in their previous class.
- The caretaker’s annual income must be within 2 LPA.
- From every family, only two members are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Proof of income in the form of an income certificate issued by a trustable government authority.
- A self-certified community certificate for those who have reached the age of 18.
- Strict disciplinary action will be taken against scholars or applicants who fail to align themselves with the criterion of the scholarship or cause malice in school.
- Any sort of forgery or false documentation will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Once the student is enrolled for this scholarship, they won’t be eligible to apply for any other central government scholarship schemes.
- The scholar’s Aadhar card must be verified and linked to the bank account wherein they’d like to receive the scholarship amount.
- This scholarship doesn’t cover the fees of any study abroad course/programme.
Also Read: Tata Scholarships
The scholarship offers various benefits, including financial support for tuition fees, books, and other educational expenses, improved access to quality education, and encouragement for girls’ education. This can help reduce the gender gap in education and empower women. However, the amount of financial aid and eligibility criteria may change from year to year.
How to Apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship?
- Go to the official website.
- Register yourself as a new user.
- Follow the instructions listed on the website to be able to open the application form.
- Fill in all the necessary information asked in the application form to be able to register yourself as a potential beneficiary.
- Submit the form and keep a track of your application status
How to Check Application Status?
- Open the official website.
- Click on the option leading to the ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’ page.
- Further, you’ll see another option to check the status of your application, tap on that and enter all the vital credentials as well as the bot test.
- Click and view the application status for your reference, and save it for future referrals.
Also Read: Maharaj Rajarshi Shahu Scholarships
- Aadhar card.
- Family income certificate.
- School verification form.
- Passport-size photograph.
- Previous year mark sheet.
- Self-declaration of the minority community.
- Candidates’ bank account detail.
- Domicile certificate.
There is no official method to renew your scholarship, the applicant will have to fill out a fresh form and follow the usual procedure to enrol for the scholarship.
You can log in to the official website and enter the details of your application form to get further information.
You can easily transfer your scholarship amount to another bank account by making a direct bank transfer.
Minority girls studying from IX-XII classes.
bhmnsmaef.org or scholarships.gov.in are the links to the official website of the scholarship scheme.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.