The CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for single girl child is a scheme started to assist meritorious female students by providing them with financial aid. Under this program, the single girl child of the family is awarded the scholarship. This scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students. In this blog, we will tell you everything you need to know about the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child, such as the objective, eligibility criteria, application process, duration, and benefits of the scholarship. Read on to know more!
|Scholarship Name||CBSE Single Girl Child Merit Scholarship|
|Objective||To promote higher studies by providing financial assistance|
|Who Can Avail||Single girl child of her parents|
|Minimum Marks Required||Minimum 60% in Class X examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
This Blog Includes:
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme: Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme, the applicant must fulfil the following eligibility criteria. The applicant must also have the relevant documents ready for submission and verification:
- The female student must be an Indian national.
- The scholarship under this program is also open to NRI applicants.
- The girl child must be the sole child of her parents.
- The applicant must have successfully completed her CBSE Class X exam with 60% or higher marks.
- Applicants must be enrolled in classes XI and XII at one of the CBSE-affiliated schools whose tuition fee is less than or equal to Rs.1,500/month.
- Over the subsequent two years, the total increase in tuition fees at such a school may not be higher than 10% of the current tuition fees.
Scholarship Renewal Criteria
For applicants wishing to renew their scholarship for the ongoing academic year, they need to follow the steps given below:
- The scholarship will only be renewed for another year following the successful completion of class XI with an overall exam score of 50% or higher, which guarantees promotion to the next class.
- The Candidate must have availed of the “CBSE single girl child merit scholarship” in the previous year.
- If any scholar changes her school or course of study or abandons her chosen course of study before it is completed, the Board must first give its prior approval before the scholarship can be renewed or continued.
- Regular attendance and good conduct are deciding factors in the continuance of the scholarship. In all of these cases, the Board’s decision is final and enforceable. A scholarship that has been cancelled cannot, under any circumstances, be renewed.
- Aadhar Card linked with bank account
- Student’s ID card
- Passport Size photos
- Bank account passbook
- Proof of enrollment in the higher class
- 11th class mark sheet for renewal of the scholarship
- Signature in scanned form
- Fee structure details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- An affidavit on Rs. 50 stamp paper from parents attested by the first-class magistrate/ Gazette Officers.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship: Application Process
After checking whether you are eligible for the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme, follow the steps given below to apply for the scholarship scheme:
- Go to the official website of the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme.
- Click the link “SGC-X – Fresh Application” on the website’s home page. Click the “SGC-X – Renewal” link if you want to upgrade your application.
- A new page will then appear in front of you. On this page, enter both your roll number and birthdate. Now select “Proceed” from the menu.
- Upload your documents. To do this, you have to select the Upload Documents option, upload the necessary files, and then select “Proceed.”
- The next step is to create a “Confirmation Page”, for which you need to select the option.
- The confirmation page can only be generated by users whose applications have been accepted.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme: Benefits
The scholarship amount is ₹500/- per month. The scholarship is given for up to two years. The payment is done through ECS/NEFT. The scholarship is also open to NRI students of the Board. The maximum tuition fee for the NRIs is Rs. 6,000/- per month. The scholarship recipients can also get other benefits from the school or other organization(s) where they are studying.
Also Read: CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme
To enrol yourself under this scholarship, you may visit the official site of CBSE or follow the instructions listed above.
You’re eligible to apply for this scholarship if you’re a single girl child to your parents. You must have scored at least 60% in your class X boards. For more detailed criteria please go through our blog article.
You’ll need to have your X and XII mark sheets, bank details, income proof and several other crucial documents.
We hope that this blog provided you with all the information regarding the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for single girl child. For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu’s Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.