A child’s education is key to ensuring a bright future. Any bright student should be encouraged and supported to pursue further education. To enable the same, CBSE has started a scholarship program for single-girl students. The aim of this CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to assist meritorious girl students by providing them with financial aid. The girl students who wish to avail themselves of the scholarship must be the only child of their parents. The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize the efforts of parents who are encouraging their daughters to study, and this scholarship is provided to encourage and applaud meritorious and bright students.
|Scholarship Name||CBSE Single Girl Child Merit Scholarship|
|Objective||To promote higher studies by providing financial assistance|
|Who Can Avail||Single girl child of her parents|
|Minimum Marks Required||Minimum 60% in class X examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
This Blog Includes:
Who Is Eligible For This Scholarship?
Girls who have passed their Class X CBSE examination with 60% or more marks and are enrolled in class XI or XII in a CBSE-affiliated school are eligible for this scholarship.
- To be eligible for this program, the girl child must be the sole child of her parents.
- The applicant must have successfully completed her CBSE Class X exam with 60% or higher marks.
- Applicants must be enrolled in classes XI and XII at a CBSE-affiliated school whose tuition fee is less than or equal to Rs.1,500/month.
- Over the subsequent two years, the total increase in tuition fees at such a school may not be higher than 10% of the current tuition fees.
- Only students who are Indian nationals are eligible for the benefit under this program.
- The scholarship under this program is also open to NRI applicants.
- The NRI students will receive Rs. 6,000/ month.
- While receiving a scholarship under the program, a scholar may also take advantage of other scholarship(s) provided by the institution where she is enrolled or another organization (s).
- Aadhar Card linked with bank account
- Student’s ID card
- Passport Size photos
- Bank account passbook
- Proof of enrollment in the higher class
- 11th class mark sheet for renewal of the scholarship
- Signature in scanned form
- Fee structure details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- An affidavit on Rs. 50 stamp paper from parents attested by the first-class magistrate/ Gazette Officers.
How to Apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Program
- You have first to go to the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship’s official website (https://www.cbse.gov.in/). The website’s home page will then appear in front of you.
- Next, you have to click the link “SGC-X – Fresh Application” on the website’s home page. Click the “SGC-X – Renewal” link if you want to upgrade your application.
- A new page will then appear in front of you. On this page, you must enter both your roll number and birthdate. Now select “Proceed” from the menu.
- You also need to upload your documents. To do this, you have to select the Upload Documents option, upload the necessary files, and then select “Proceed.”
- The next step is to create a “Confirmation Page”, for which you need to select the option.
- The confirmation page can only be generated by users whose applications have been accepted.
Also Read: CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme
Selection Procedure for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Program
Below is a list of the criteria to be met in order to qualify for the “CBSE Single Girl Child merit Scholarship”
- The female Candidate must be the only child of their parents.
- Must be enrolled in a CBSE-affiliated School for classes XI and XII.
- Students should have obtained at least 60% on the CBSE Class X Examination.
- If you are applying for renewal, you must have previously received the CBSE Single Girl Child Merit Scholarship, have completed CBSE class XI and been promoted to class XII, and have received 50% or more on your XI exam.
- The class X monthly tuition fee should not exceed Rs. 1,500, with a 10% increase for classes XI and XII.
- All applications must be verified by the student’s present school of study. Applications that have not been verified will be rejected. The candidate’s school is given the power to process the application.
Scholarship Renewal Criteria
- The scholarship will only be renewed for another year following the successful completion of class XI with an overall exam score of 50% or higher, which guarantees promotion to the next class.
- The Candidate must have availed of the “CBSE single girl child merit scholarship” in the previous year.
- If any scholar changes her school or course of study or abandons her chosen course of study before it is completed, the Board must first give its prior approval before the scholarship can be renewed or continued.
- Regular attendance and good conduct are deciding factors in the continuance of the scholarship. In all of these cases, the Board’s decision is final and enforceable. A scholarship that has been cancelled cannot, under any circumstances, be renewed.
To enrol yourself under this scholarship, you may visit the official site of CBSE or follow the instructions listed above.
You’re eligible to apply for this scholarship if you’re a single girl child to your parents. You must have scored at least 60% in your class X boards. For more detailed criteria please go through our blog article.
You’ll need to have your X and XII mark sheets, bank details, income proof and several other crucial documents.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu’s Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.