The All India Medical Scholarship Entrance Test (AIMSET) is meant for students who want to pursue higher education in the field of allied health sciences. AIMSET is a national-level scholarship exam conducted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, India. The scholarship is applicable to medical universities in India and abroad. In this blog, we will explain the application process, timeline, benefits, and eligibility criteria of the AIMSET Scholarship. Read on to find out how you can apply for this prestigious scholarship and achieve your academic goals.
|Scholarship Full Name||All India Medical Scholarship Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||AIMSET Educational Foundation|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to meritorious and needy
|Scholarship amount||Up to 100% tuition fee waiver, depending on the rank obtained
in the exam.
|Courses covered||B.Sc. Nursing, BPT, BMLT, B.Pharm, etc.|
|Application fee||Rs. 500/- for General category
Rs. 300/- for Reserved category
This Blog Includes:
AIMSET Exam: An Overview
All India Medical Scholarship Entrance Test, or AIMSET is a national-level scholarship exam conducted by AIMSET Educational Foundation, an organisation registered under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). This scholarship test is meant for students who have passed or are appearing in Class 12 aspiring for a career in the medical field through MBBS, BDS, BPharma, BSc (Agriculture, Bio-tech, Nursing), MSc, BAMS, BPT, BHMS, BMLT, Pharma and Paramedical courses.
The purpose of AIMSET is to help deserving and meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections pursue their dream of medical education at select Indian colleges and universities. Medical aspirants who clear this entrance test are eligible for admission and scholarship in 300 government and 500 private AIMSET-approved medical institutions. This entrance exam is purely merit-based and is conducted online at the national level every year.
Also Read: Top 7 Indian Scholarships After 12th
Benefits of AIMSET
Candidates eligible for a scholarship through AIMSET get a variety of benefits, depending on their merit and the type of institution they are going for. There are numerous different benefits provided under AIMSET. Here’s a layout that all the AIMSET-approved institutes follow to provide scholarship benefits to eligible students:
|Number of Eligible
|100||>95%||Govt. College – Tuition fee for full 4 years
Pvt. College – Tuition fee for 1 year
|300||95%>Marks>85%||Government College – Tuition fee for 1st year
Private College – 50% Tuition fee for 1st year
For students wanting to pursue their medical study abroad, the available benefits from the AIMSET scholarship are as follows:
|Number of Eligible Applicants||Marks||Scholarship Benefits|
|50||Marks > 95%||Tuition fee waive off USD $2500|
|100||95%>Marks>85%||Tuition fee waive off USD $1500|
Apart from having high merit, you also need an exam trust score of more than 90%. If the trust score is lower than 50%, then the student’s scholarship application is cancelled.
Also Read: AIIMS MBBS 2023
AIMSET Application Process 2023
To be considered for a scholarship through AIMSET, you need to apply for it first. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the AIMSET official website, i.e. http://www.aimset.in and register yourself using your mobile number and email ID.
- Fill out the application form and pay the application fee online through any of these options (Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking) and submit. Here’s the application fee for different student categories.
|Girls (all categories)||Rs 1000+GST|
- Upload all the required documents like 10th and 12th marksheets, Aadhar card and so on.
AIMSET Important Dates 2023
The AIMSET scholarship results have already been announced for the academic year 2023. Here are some of the important dates that candidates should adhere to:
|Application form editing and submission (Deadline)||7th June 2023*|
|e-Admit Card Download||9th June 2023*|
|Mock Test date||9th June 2023*|
|Examination date||10th June 2023*|
|Result declaration||5th July 2023*|
|Counselling Process||July 2023 (second week)*|
|Counselling Result||July 2023 (third week)*|
( * = tentative dates)
The dates for AIMSET 2024 have not been released yet. Candidates aiming to appear for the AIMSET 2024 scholarship exam must keep an eye on this blog for the latest updates.
Eligibility Criteria for AIMSET
If you meet the AIMSET eligibility criteria, you are eligible for a scholarship. The scholarship amount will depend on your rank in the exam. The higher your rank, the more tuition fee waivers you will get. The maximum scholarship amount is a 100% tuition fee waiver for the top rankers. Here are the eligibility criteria for getting a scholarship through AIMSET:
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- You must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in the above subjects.
- You must have applied for admission to any of the paramedical courses such as B.Sc. Nursing, BPT, BMLT, B.Pharm, etc. at any of the participating colleges and universities.
- You must have registered and appeared for the AIMSET exam online.
Age Criteria for AIMSET
The candidates must also fulfil the following age criteria to be eligible for an AIMSET scholarship:
- Candidates must be 17 years of age (complete).
- For NEET-UG candidates, the maximum age limit is 25 years as of the date of the exam (with 5 years of relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates)
Candidates belonging to the General and OBC categories can attempt the exam 3 times, whereas the number of attempts for candidates from the SC/ST/PH categories is five.
AIMSET Exam Pattern 2023
The AIMSET scholarship examination is conducted online every year on a national level. The paper consists of objective, multiple-choice type questions with each correct answer carrying 4 marks and a wrong answer deducting 1 mark. Given below is the marks distribution for each section of the question paper:
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
AIMSET Admission Process 2023
If you seek admission into any of the AIMSET-approved institutions, then you need to follow the procedure given below:
- Appear for the online scholarship test for AIMSET.
- Candidates who clear the test will be invited for a counselling round.
- Students get to choose their desired branch and institute. After that, you will be given a list of 6 institutes to select the one you favour the most. It’s mandatory to attend the counselling round to avail of this facility.
- Post the counselling round, you will get an application receipt. It will contain the date and time of reporting to the university in person along with the required original documents for further proceedings.
Documents Required for the AIMSET Admission Process
If selected for scholarship through AIMSET, you will need to present the following documents at the time of admission:
- Five passport-size photographs
- Age proof (Birth certificate / 10th mark sheet)
- 10th & 12th Marksheet
- AIMSET Admit Card
- AIMSET Scorecard
- Seat allotment certificate / Admission receipt
- NEET Scorecard (MBBS, BDS, BAMS)
- Migration Certificate (Original)
- SC / ST / OBC / PH certificate
- Aadhaar card of the student and their father
Ans. The scholarship for MBBS students in PW is based on merit and need. The university provides various scholarships and freeships to eligible students, such as:
– Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship
– Dr. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil Scholarship
– Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundation Scholarship
Ans. Yes, AIIMS offers MBBS and other medical courses to students through a national-level entrance exam. Some of the scholarships that AIIMS MBBS students can apply for are:
– National Scholarship
– AIIMS Students’ Union Scholarship
– Merit-cum-Need Based Scholarship
Ans. Yes, there are various scholarships that are offered by the central government, state government, private institutions, trusts, foundations, NGOs, etc. to support the education of MBBS students. Some of the scholarships that you can get in MBBS are:
– Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
– Dr Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyana Trust’s Scholarship
– Foundation For Excellence Scholarship
Ans. AIMSET stands for All India Medical Scholarship Entrance Test, an exam to help aspiring students pursue their education in the medical field.
Ans. There are some scholarships for MBBS students to study abroad, but they are not very common and may not cover the full cost of tuition and living expenses. Some examples of scholarships for MBBS abroad are:
– Beijing Government MBBS Scholarship
– Bilateral MBBS Program by Anhui Medical University
– University of Auckland John Hamel MacGregor Award in Medical Science
– University of Melbourne Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarships for High Achievement
We hope that this blog provides you with all the information regarding AIMSET and how to land a scholarship through the entrance test. To discover more scholarships to study in India, keep following Leverage Edu. Thank you for reading!