AIIMS MBBS 2023: All India Institute of Medical Sciences also knows AIIMS is the top-most college located in India. Every year lakhs of students appear in the popular NEET exam aiming to be part of the prestigious medical college. The quality of education and exposure offered by this educational institution makes it demanding. Also, the fee is pretty affordable for MBBS study.
Every year the NEET exam takes place in more than 500 major cities in India. This is a mandatory exam to pass for getting admission to AIIMS MBBS. In this blog, we will talk about all the necessary details about AIIMS and its entrance exam. Before moving ahead, here is a quick preview of the same.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours and 20 minutes|
This Blog Includes:
- Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS
- Reservation Criteria for AIIMS MBBS
- How to Register for AIIMS MBBS?
- Admit Card
- Syllabus for AIIMS MBBS Admission
- AIIMS MBBS 2023: Result
- Counselling Process for AIIMS MBBS
- AIIMS MBBS 2023 Fees
- Preparation Tips for AIIMS MBBS
Also Read: AIIMS Full Form
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS
If you planning to study MBBS then you must make sure that qualify for the same. Here are the eligibility criteria in order to get admission to AIIMS in MBBS course:
- Subjects: In order to appear for the candidate to take the NEET exam, the candidate must ensure that they have studied Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and English as main subjects in class 12.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate belonging to the General category must get a minimum of 50 per cent aggregate marks, while students from the reserved category such as OBC/ST/SC must have 40 per cent while PWD candidates must have 45 per cent. This is also the cutoff for the candidates.
- Age: The applicant must have obtained or will attain the age of 17 years as on December 31, 2023.
Reservation Criteria for AIIMS MBBS
Reservation criteria are when a certain amount of seats in AIIMS are reserved for sections such as SC/ST/OBC and PWD candidates. Here is the percentage of seats which are reserved for such sections.
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|People with Disability (PWD)||5%|
How to Register for AIIMS MBBS?
The registration form for the exam is online. Here are all the necessary steps which are required to fill out the form.
- Visit the official website, i.e., neet.nta.nic.in and register with all the necessary details to generate the login/password and application number.
- Then, begin by filling out the application form by stating your personal details, exam city preference and other important details.
- The candidate will then be required to upload the necessary documents in .jpg/ .jpeg format as per the guidelines.
- Next, pay the NEET fees either by using a Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI/Net banking etc.
- Finally, download the application form and keep it for future reference.
- Once, you pass the NEET exam with a good rank then you need to take part in counselling for getting admission.
Also Read: AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam
All those candidates who successfully register for the NEET exam will be issued their admit cards in online mode. The applicants will be able to get their admit cards from the comfort of their homes. All they will have to do is put in their application number and password to access the document.
How to Download NEET Admit Card?
Here are all the necessary steps which the applicant will have to take in order to get the hall ticket for the exam day.
- Visit the official website- i.e. neet.nta.nic.in
- Click on the link saying ‘Download Admit Card’.
- Enter the Application Number and Password/Date of Birth and click on ‘Submit’
- View the admit card, make sure all the details are correct and download
- Make sure you keep a copy of the admit card until you have got admission.
Syllabus for AIIMS MBBS Admission
Now that you have decided to appear for the exam. It is very important for the candidate to know the syllabus which will help them in preparing and acing the exam. Below mentioned is the syllabus which the applicants need to prepare.
Laws of Motion
Energy and Power
Movement of the system of particles and rigid body
Perfect gas behaviour
The kinetic theory of gases, etc.
|Chemistry||States of matter: gases and liquids
Inorganic Chemistry, etc
|Biology||Cell: structure and function
AIIMS NEET papers are held in a pen-paper mode with 200 questions asked based on the syllabus. The questions mostly cover the topics of Class 11 and 12.
AIIMS MBBS 2023: Result
Once the NEET exam is conducted by the NTA, the next step is the result. The results are declared in the form of percentile secured by the candidate in the exam. Here are all the necessary steps which the candidates will have to follow to view their results.
Steps to Check the Result?
- Log in to the official website of NTA.
- Click on the link ‘NEET (year) Result download’
- In order to view the result, the candidate will be asked to enter their application number, password and other details.
- Login and the result will be there in front of your screen.
- Download the result and take out the printout and keep it for future reference.
Counselling Process for AIIMS MBBS
Once the result is released, the next step which comes is Counselling. This is the last round of the selection process. It commences after the declaration of the exam results. AIIMS MBBS counselling is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15 per cent of AIQ seats.
The counselling is conducted in 4 rounds which also include a stray vacancy round. In order to be part of this, only NEET-qualified candidates can be part of this. Here are estimated dates of counselling which the students should take note of
|AIIMS Counselling Round 1||July 2023|
|AIIMS Counselling Round 2||July 2023|
|AIIMS Counselling Mop-Up Round||August 2023|
|Stray Vacancy Round||September 2023|
Documents Required For AIIMS MBBS Admission
Here are all the necessary documents which the candidate will need to bring with them at the time of the counselling process;
- Mark Sheet of 12th Class
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Class 10 mentioning Date of Birth
- High School/Birth Certificate as proof of date of Birth
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- NEET 2023 Admit Card
AIIMS MBBS 2023 Fees
Here is the fee structure for AIIMS MBBS course for all the campus. This fee structure shows the amount of annual fees the student will have to pay.
|AIIMS Delhi||INR 6,865|
|AIIMS Jodhpur||INR 24,100|
|AIIMS Bhubaneswar||INR 26,350|
|AIIMS Bhopal||INR 4,770|
|AIIMS Patna||INR 26,000|
Preparation Tips for AIIMS MBBS
If you too wish to be part of one of the above-mentioned campuses then you must know some preparation tips which will help you in acing your exam. Here are some of the preparation tips.
- Before preparing for the exam, it is very important for the candidate to know the syllabus.
- Plan your day and prepare a strategy which will help you with the preparation.
- Make a proper timetable which will help you allot equal time to all the subjects.
- Keep on solving sample papers in between.
- Study from good resources.
AIIMS is known for providing its students with top-notch education as well as training to students to become top doctors.
The total number of seats AIIMS have all over India is 2044 MBBS seats which are available in over 20 AIIMS colleges.
To get MBBS Admission to AIIMS, Medical students have to score well in the NEET exam. It is compulsory to get a good rank in the exam.