Founded on 02nd November 1993, the Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation is a charitable trust, it is shortly known as the NPBF. This organisation empowers and promotes education among children with Hearing Impairment. The organisation offers awards, scholarships and prizes to students who suffer from hearing impairment. The scholarship only operates in the regions of Maharashtra and Gujarat. In 1950, the Foundation was registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act. The scholarships under this foundation are offered at SSC, HSC, Graduation and Post Graduation levels. Let’s explore this blog to know more about Nilam Patel Bahushrut foundation scholarships in detail.
|Name of the Scholarship||Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation Scholarships|
|Conducting Body||Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation|
|Sponsor||Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation|
|Applicable to||Students with Hearing Impairment in Maharashtra and Gujarat|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official Website for application||https://www.bahushrutfoundation.org/|
This Blog Includes:
Important Updates for the NPBF Scholarships
The application forms are available every year at the same time on the official website of Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation. The candidates can download the application form and submit it with the relevant documents.
So far the foundation has successfully awarded 797 students. This year the organisation will complete 30 years from its inception. In the 2022-2023 batch itself, 46 students were granted the scholarship award by the Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation.
|Applications Start||01 July every year|
|Application Ends||31 July every year|
Also Read: All about Jawaharlal Nehru Fullbright Scholarship!
Benefits of Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation Scholarships
If a candidate is found eligible for Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation Scholarships they are given various benefits as per their course and requirement. Students with SSC, HSC, Graduation and Post Graduation levels of examination receive the awards of the same.
Based on their merit and economic condition, each of the selected students is either awarded for their achievements, given prize money, or granted scholarships to pursue higher education without being worried about the expense of special education programs.
Different amount of prize money is offered to students according to their achievements and awards in the examination. The students can use that prize money to aid their educational ventures in the special institutes that they enrol in.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship are not too extensive as the aim of the foundation is to enable all students who fall under the category to be benefitted from the awards and prizes granted.
As many students have already benefitted from the scholarship, students place trust in the founders to help them in every possible way. The main criteria for the awarding of this scholarship are as follows:
- All the applicants must belong to the hearing impairment category. This is an uncompromisable criterion.
- The person must be a domicile in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- The candidate must also be studying in Maharashtra or Gujarat.
- Passed class 10th in June for aid in secondary education.
- Must have cleared HSC, Graduation or Postgraduation for aid in higher education.
To apply for the scholarship the candidates have to follow a simple set of procedures and get their documents in order to apply for the scholarship in any year. Only the candidates who have secured admission already can apply for the benefits of the scholarship. The steps to apply for the scholarship are mentioned hereunder.
- Visit the official website of the Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option that appears on the website when the registrations are open.
- Scroll through the options to select the kind of scholarship one is looking to apply for.
- Select and download the application for the required category.
- Fill in all the required details including educational qualifications and personal information in the examination form.
- Attach the required documents along with the form.
- Send the application and copies of all necessary documents to the office of the trust via post.
- The postal address of the office is; Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation, plot no. 303, Aries Palms Tower B, Shobhana Nagar, Vadodara, Gujarat (390015).
Also Read: PhD Abroad With Scholarships For Indian Students
Copies of all the important documents have to be attached to the application form and put in an envelope. These documents have to be sent across to be verified by the authorities of the trust before concluding a candidate eligible for the scholarship. The list of documents required is as follows:
- Marksheet or Scorecard of the qualifying examination. In the case of secondary education, the candidates need to submit the class 10th Marksheet. In the case of higher education, the candidates must submit results of HSC, Graduation or Postgraduation.
- A recently taken audiogram at a government hospital or institute. That is proof of the extent of the hearing impairment of the candidate.
- A Deafness Certificate issued by a reputable authority.
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Admission letter or proof of admission to the respective institute or university.
No, NPBF Scholarships, are funded by Nilam Patel Bahurshrut Foundation itself. The scholarship is not funded by the government.
The NPBF or Nilam Patel Bahurshrut Foundation Scholarships are the awards and prizes given to students with hearing impairment, pursuing secondary or higher education in reputed institutions.
A Deaf Certificate is given o those who suffer from hearing impairment. The certificate can be used by the candidates to apply for jobs and admissions under the PwD category. The certificate is also known as the UDID card. Various medical boards are appointed by the government at the district level to provide these certificates.
Stay tuned with Leverage Edu for more information related to the various scholarship schemes. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.