Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships: Tata Steel, one of the leading steel companies in India has announced the “Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships 2023” for students pursuing higher education in the fields of engineering, science, and technology. These scholarships aim to support and encourage students who have a passion for these subjects and show potential for excellence in their future careers. The scholarship provides financial assistance to sons/spouses/daughters of Tata Steel officers, supervisors, and workers.
|Scholarship Name||Tata Steel Millennium Scholarship 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Eligibility for Tata Steel Millennium Scholarship 2023
To apply for the Tata Steel Millennium Scholarship 2023, applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The sons/spouses/daughters of the existing officers, workers, and supervisors of the company.
- The sons/spouses/daughters of officers, workers, and supervisors of Tata Steel who got transferred to the roles of JUSCO.
- The daughters/spouses/sons of superannuated workers, officers and supervisors of Tata Steel also include the ones separated under ESS/FBS/Job for job/FPS/EFBS/SBKYFSS/Second Inning.
- Students must have secured at least 60% marks in the last qualifying examination. It is 50% for SC/ST students.
- 10 % of seats of this scholarship are kept are reserved for Schedule caste (SC)/Schedule Tribe (ST) students under both the categories of this scholarship.
- 60 seats out of the total number are reserved for employees who have availed of the Sunhere Bhavishya ki Yojana (20 seats for Category A and 40 seats for Category B).
- The wards of employees who are physically challenged will be given preference.
Tata Steel Millennium Scholarship 2023 Types
The scholarship is divided into two categories A and B. Let us know more about them:
- Category A of the scholarship is awarded to the candidates who get admission by qualifying for the JEE exam for the B.tech degree in engineering in IITs/ISM Dhanbad/IT BHU/PGDBM courses in IIMs/SLRI.
- The selected candidate will get a scholarship amount of INR 50,000 per annum.
- The scholarship will also include students studying MBBS in all States, Private and Central Government medical colleges admission through NEET.
- A total number of 120 scholarships are available in this category.
- No postal course is considered for the scholarship, under this category.
- The total number of scholarships offered in this category is 240.
- The scholarship amount is INR 36,000 per annum.
- The scholarship is awarded to candidates who have secured admission to some predefined courses and institutions.
Courses and Institutions Accepted under Category B of Scholarship
Candidates who got admitted to any of the below-mentioned courses will get the benefit of this scholarship.
- Integrated degree courses in Medicine or Engineering (any branch), including extension centres of BITS Pilani and BIT-Mesra.
- Postgraduate studies in Engineering, Medicine, Computer Sciences, Business Management, Personnel Management, Agriculture Science, Bio-Technology, Bio-Chemistry, Information Technology, B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Management.
- Degree or full-time diploma courses in Hotel Management & Catering and Fashion Technology.
- Diploma course in any branch of Engineering.
- Five-year degree course in law, five-year integrated courses in law.
- Degree course in Journalism/Mass Communication.
- Sports Management
- Film and Arts
Candidates should secure admission at only these colleges/institutions that meet the following criteria:
- Colleges/institutions must be affiliated with a recognised university.
- Autonomous institutions or deemed universities with official recognition from bodies which have an all-India competitive selection procedure.
Documents Required for the Scholarship
We have mentioned below all the required documents that need to be submitted with the application form:
- Copy of student’s original mark sheet of the latest qualifying exam.
- Copy of receipt of Tuition Fee
- Copy of service certificate in case of ESS/FBS/MSS/EFBS/Retired
- Copy of the applicant’s Bank Passbook.
- Passport size photo
Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships offer multiple financial rewards for those related to the working professionals of Tata Steel Limited. The scholarship is classified into the following two categories: Category A and Category B.
The sons/spouses/daughters of all existing officers, supervisors and workers of Tata Steel are eligible for this financial assistance. Students can check the eligibility criteria mentioned in the blog.
Students first need to check their eligibility and apply for the scholarship by visiting the official website of Tata Steel, i.e. www.tatasteelindia.com.
For more such updates, keep an eye on our Indian scholarships page and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.