IGNOU scholarships are generally meant for reserved category students to help them pursue their higher education without facing financial hiccups. The reserved categories include people who fall under categories like scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, weaver communities, jail inmates, transgender people, and the physically handicapped. By means of scholarships, IGNOU offers students the benefit of fee reimbursement/exemption. If you also want to apply for IGNOU scholarships and are looking for information related to them, then this blog will greatly help you. Keep reading further to clear up all of your doubts.
This Blog Includes:
|Types of Scholarship||Govt. of India scholarships, IGNOU internal scholarships, and scholarships from other organisations|
|Organisations offering scholarships||Govt. of India, IGNOU, state governments, the National Scholarship Portal, and NCERT|
|Mode of application||Offline|
Also Read: Best Certificate Courses in IGNOU
Types of Scholarships
There are a number of scholarships available for IGNOU students through which they can take advantage of financial aid offered by various institutions/organizations. Mentioned below are some of them discussed in brief:
- IGNOU internal scholarships – IGNOU offers many scholarships to its students like IGNOU need-based scholarships, IGNOU merit scholarships, and IGNOU sports scholarships. Awardees under these scholarships are selected on the basis of need, merit, and achievements in sports.
- Scholarships from other organizations – There are various other scholarships available to IGNOU students offered by organizations like the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), and the state governments. Scholarships offered by these organizations are open to all students regardless of the fact that they are studying at IGNOU or any other university.
- Government of India Scholarships – Students studying at IGNOU and part of reserved categories like scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and other backward classes are offered scholarships by the Government of India. These scholarships are provided by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
Also Read: Complete List of DU Scholarships 2024
Objective and Benefit of IGNOU Scholarships
Scholarships are always a great choice to complete education without worrying about adequate funds. So, if you are a student at IGNOU and struggling with financial means to pursue your program then you can apply for the scholarships that we have discussed above. IGNOU scholarships are offered to help students from reserved categories and also those who do not have sufficient financial resources to complete their studies. Under these scholarships, selected students get the benefit of fee reimbursement/exemption.
Eligible Courses Under IGNOU Scholarships
Mentioned below are the courses that are eligible for IGNOU scholarships:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelors of arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- The advanced certificate in information security
- Certificate in HIV and family education
- An advanced certificate in power distribution management
- Certificate in anti-human trafficking
- Certificate in cooperation cooperative law and business law
- Certificate of competency in power distribution
- Certificate in consumer protection
- Certificate in the Arabic language
- Certificate in community radio
- Certificate in first aid
- Certificate in the French language
- Certificate in the German language
- Certificate in beekeeping
- Certificate in sericulture
- Certificate programmed on life and thought of BR Ambedkar
- Certificate in organic farming
- Certificate in performing art Hindustani music
- Certificate in performing art theatre art
- Certificate in poultry farming
- Certificate program in value education
- Certificate in Spanish language and culture
- Certificate in Teaching English
- Certificate in the Urdu language
- Certificate in visual arts painting
- Certificate in water harvesting and management
- Certificate in visual arts applied arts
- Certificate in tribal studies
- Certificate in social work and criminal justice system
- Certificate program in the Russian language
- Certificate in peace studies and conflict management
- Certificate in the Persian language
- Certificate in performing art Karnataka music
- Certificate in performing art Bharatanatyam
- Certificate in NGO management
- Certificate in Korean language and culture
- Certificate in international humanitarian law
- Certificate in healthcare waste management
- Certificate in General Duty Assistant
- Certificate in fashion design
- Certificate in Energy Technology and management
- Diploma in watershed management
- Diploma in teaching German
- Diploma in meat technology
- Diploma in paralegal practice
- Diploma in creative writing in English
- Diploma in aquaculture
- Diploma in HIV and family education
- Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Modern Office Practice
- Diploma in the production of value-added products from cereal, pulses, and oilseeds
- Diploma in Urdu
- Postgraduate certificate in adult education
- Post-graduation certificate in Bangla Hindi translation
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cyber Law
- Post-graduation certificate in Gandhi and peace studies
- Post-graduation certificate in Malayalam Hindi translation
- Post-graduation certificate in agriculture policy
- Post-graduation certificate in climate change
- Post-graduation certificate in geoinformatics
- Postgraduate certificate in information and assistive Technologies for the instructor of visually impaired
- Post-graduation certificate in patent practice
- Post-graduation diploma in analytical chemistry
- Post-graduation diploma in audio program production
- Post-graduation diploma in criminal justice
- Post-graduation diploma in development studies
- Post-graduation diploma in environmental and occupational health
- Post-graduation diploma in educational technology
- Post-graduation diploma in Gandhi and peace studies
- Post-graduation diploma in intellectual property rights
- Postgraduate diploma in pharmaceutical sales management
- Post-graduation diploma in library automation and networking
- Post-graduation diploma in adult education
- Post-graduation diploma in book publishing
- Post-graduation diploma in social work counseling
- Post-graduation diploma in educational management and administration
- Post-graduation diploma in the environment and sustainable development
- Post-graduation diploma in folklore and cultural studies
- Post-graduation diploma in higher education
- Post-graduation diploma in information security
- Post-graduation diploma in sustainability science
In order to apply for IGNOU scholarships students need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you have to make sure that you are eligible for the scholarship, and for that, you need to check the eligibility criteria. After this, you need to fill out the application form and provide all the required details like name, father’s name, date of birth, gender, cast, email ID, phone number, etc.
- Students can collect the application form from the office of the social welfare officers of their state or from the directorate of social welfare.
- Attach all the required documents along with the application form.
- After completing the application form, submit it to the director of the regional centre in order to get the necessary certificate from the director.
- After getting the certificate from the director, collect the application form and then finally submit it to the office of the social welfare officer for the Directorate of Social Welfare of your state.
Before applying for a scholarship, a student should check the eligibility criteria. Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for IGNOU scholarships:
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The Applicant should be a part of a category like waiver community, scheduled tribe, scheduled cast, jail inmates, transgender, or physically handicapped category. (if applicable)
- The student should have been admitted to a degree programme.
- The candidate’s family’s annual income should not exceed INR 3 Lakh.
- The applicant should be pursuing their course at IGNOU (if applicable).
Students wishing to apply for IGNOU scholarships need to submit the following documents along with their application form:
- Date of birth proof (class 10th mark sheet)
- Aadhar card
- Class 10th certificate
- Class 12th certificate
- Address proof
- Graduation certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of admission at IGNOU University (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Other documents as required
Ans: Students who are citizens of India and are currently pursuing their degree programme from IGNOU are eligible for IGNOU scholarships. IGNOU provides scholarships both on a need and merit basis. Read detailed information regarding this above.
Ans: To learn about the application process for IGNOU scholarships, you can visit the official website of IGNOU and look for the scholarship or financial section, where you will be able to find information about IGNOU scholarships.
Ans: Scholarship amounts from IGNOU can range anywhere from INR 5,000 to INR 50,000, depending upon the guidelines issued by IGNOU.