The Maharashtra government offers the EBC Scholarship Scheme 2024 to students who belong to the Economically Backward Class (EBC) category. Under this program, students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and diploma-level courses in various fields like medicine, engineering, agriculture, and more can get fee reductions of up to 100%. Students are encouraged to apply for the EBC Scholarship and make their academic dreams come true. The initiative aims to facilitate the accessibility to advanced education among economically disadvantaged pupils. The award strives to foster financial inclusivity within educational institutions across Maharashtra. Keep reading to learn about the eligibility, application process, and more about the EBC Scholarship 2024.
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of the Scholarship
This comprehensive plan entitles qualifying applicants to a considerable amount, up to 100%, of their tuition fees to be reimbursed.
Under EBC Scholarship 2024, the successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- All hostel girls will receive INR 160 each month for 10 months, Hence, the applicants will receive a total of INR 1,600 per year.
- All non-hostel girls will be eligible for INR 100 every month for up to ten months, for a total of INR 1,000.
- The scholarship payment for all dormitory boys will be INR 140 per month for a period of up to ten months. This is equal to INR 1,400.
- Non-hostel candidates would be paid INR 80 per month for up to ten months. This equates to INR 800.
Also Read: DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls
Eligibility of EBC Scholarship
Before you apply for the EBC Scholarship 2024, make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements. All applicants need to be from the economically backward class.
Apart from this, the candidates have to fulfil the following requirements:
- The candidates need to have a Maharashtra domicile.
- Moreover, they should intend to study for classes 11 and 12
- The applicants must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the last SSC exam.
- They have to provide the following documents as well:
- The last SSC mark sheet attested
- Certified and Attested Income certificate
- Previous year’s mark sheet needed
- There is no minimum percentage criterion to satisfy the previous class for students from families with an annual income of less than INR 2.5 lakhs.
- Candidates from families with an annual income greater than INR 2.5 lakhs but less than INR 8 lakhs must have a minimum of 50% in the preceding class.
- Applicants must participate in the Common Admission Process (CAP).
Also Read: Raman Kant Munjal Scholarship
Who is Not Eligible?
Before you apply for the program, please make sure that you don’t belong to the category of ineligible candidates.
The following candidates are not eligible for the EBC Scholarship 2024:
- This program does not accept applicants who have registered in distance education, part-time courses, virtual learning, or other comparable modalities of study.
- Those who did not gain admission through DTE/DHE/DMER courses are likewise barred.
- Families with a yearly income of more than INR 8 lakh rupees are not eligible.
- Applicants who have already applied for and had their applications approved for scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- Students eligible for the tuition fee waiver plan are not eligible for this program.
- There should be a two-year delay between studies at maximum.
- Individuals who have had two consecutive drops (i.e., failing the same normal course twice in a row) are ineligible for the EBC system.
Application Process for EBC Scholarship
Now that you have learnt the eligibility criteria for EBC Scholarship 2024, it’s time to see its application process. Students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship as it can immensely help them in removing their financial hurdles.
Follow the steps given below to apply for the award:
Step 1: First, go to the official website of SBC Scholarship and sign in.
Step 2: Then, press on the “Apply Now” option.
Step 3: Now, click on the link that reads “New Applicant Registration”.
Step 4: Fill all the details and verify your phone number and email address.
Step 5: Then, proceed with your application and complete your Aadhaar authentication, which can be done through OTP or biometrics.
Step 6: Now, you will be able to log in to the EBC Scholarship portal through your assigned username and password.
Step 7: Check and verify the details you have filled, and complete the EBC scholarship application. Upload the required documents and press the submit button when prompted.
Last Date to Apply for EBC Scholarship
Although the application process for the EBC Scholarship usually begins in May every year, you can apply for the same till 31 March 2024 this year.
Ans. No, only applicants admitted through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) are eligible to apply for the EBC Scheme.
Ans. The EBC Scholarship provides financial aid to students with skills and potential but not the financial resources to achieve their academic goals.
Ans. Students in the Economically Backward Class (EBC) category are eligible to apply for the EBC scholarship.
So, this was all about the EBC Scholarship 2024. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counseling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.