The Karnataka PGCET 2023 is a state-level entrance exam held by the Karnataka Examination Authority for those intending to enrol in postgraduate courses at academic institutions across the state of Karnataka. Students who qualify for the said exam are admitted to a multitude of PG courses, including M.E/ MTech/ MBA/ MCA/ M.Arch. Hence, qualifying for the said exam can open up an enormous window of lucrative opportunities for students. As for the application forms for the said exam, they will be released by the official body by the end of May 2023, tentatively.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Karnataka PGCET)|
|Organization Name||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-paper based) Mode|
|Category||MBA, MCA, ME, MTech, etc.|
Read the blog to get the crucial exam details- which will provide you with some clarity about the mentioned examination and how to proceed further.
This Blog Includes:
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Dates
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Pattern
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Syllabus
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Admit Card
- How to Prepare for Karnataka PGCET 2023?
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Answer Key
- Karnataka PGCET 2023 Result
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Dates
Getting acquainted with the notable dates of an exam can help candidates create a streamlined blueprint for their preparation. This not only gives applicants a head start on their preparation but also ensures that they do not overlook anything important.
As for the Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam, candidates have to be present for the said exam in the first week of July 2023. The scheduled dates for the Karnataka PGCET exam have all been tentative; therefore, candidates must prepare themselves accordingly. One can keep tabs on the official website of the mentioned body, i.e. http://kea.kar.nic.in/ to acquire the necessary information.
The data given below will give you an idea about the important dates.
|Release of the application forms||May 5th week 2023|
|Application form deadline||June 4th week 2023|
|Release of Karnataka PGCET admit card||July 1st week 2023|
|Admit card correction deadline||July 2nd week 2023|
|Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam date||July 3rd week 2023|
|Karnataka PGCET 2023 answer keys||August 1st week 2023|
|Declaration of the results||August 3rd week 2023|
|Karnataka PGCET 2023 cut-off||August 3rd week 2023|
|Beginning of the counselling||August 4th week 2023|
Also Read: Best Post-Graduation Courses
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the prescribed pattern for any given exam to streamline and strategize their preparation. Being acquainted with a set exam pattern can help applicants create a viable preparation blueprint. Applicants can adhere to such blueprints to schedule and allot their time according to subjects.
The Karnataka PGCET 2023 entrance examination will be conducted via offline mode. The total weightage of the paper is 100 mark. Check the table below for a complete overview of the examination.
|Mode of Examination||PBT (Pen Paper Based Test)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choices Questions|
|Total Questions||100 questions|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
|Total Sections||4 Sections|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Marks for every correct answer|
Question Paper Weightage
Have a look at the table given below to understand the question paper weightage.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Syllabus
To ace any given examination, applicants must get acquainted with the latest syllabus. Keeping abreast of the ins and outs of a syllabus can help candidates create a feasible blueprint to adhere and to prepare themselves for their examination. The Karnataka PGCET exam encompasses subjects and topics that are meant to gauge the Technical, English, and problem-solving capabilities of candidates. It must be kept in mind that the exam syllabus differs for different courses. Have a look at the syllabus for each course.
|Element of Civil Engineering and Strength Material||Geo-Technical Engineering|
|Building Engineering Science||Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering|
|Process Calculation||Process Industries|
|Fluid Mechanics||Pollution Control Engineering|
Computer Science Engineering
|Engineering Mathematics||Web Technologies|
|Data Structures and Algorithm||Computer Network|
Mathematics and Computer Science
|Probability||“C” Computer Language|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form
Candidates who wish to apply for the Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam are required to submit their application forms within the instructed timeline via online mode.
- It is a mandate for applicants to fill in the requisite credentials correctly.
- No correction of details will be entertained once the applications are submitted.
- Candidates must provide their working email ID and phone number, as all the relevant information regarding the application process will be sent to these addresses.
- Candidates who provide incorrect credentials in their forms will be debarred from giving the exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Fee
Once applicants are done filling in their application forms, students are required to pay the application fee. Without the payment, the application form will not be accepted. Therefore, candidates must pay the requisite amount to complete the registration procedure. Applicants must keep in mind that:
- No other mode of application other than the offline ones will be authorized.
- The application fee is not refundable/ transferable under any circumstances.
Have a look at the category-wise demarcation of the fee structure.
|General candidates||Rs. 650|
|Reserved candidates||Rs. 500|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The sole purpose of conducting bodies prescribing set eligibility criteria for an examination is to ascertain whether or not the candidate possesses the requisite calibre and qualification.
And the Karnataka PGCET, just like any other government exam, has its own set of prescribed eligibility criteria that must be met by the applicants to be deemed eligible.
The eligibility criteria for the Karnataka PGCET exam are different for various courses. The data given will help you understand the requisite eligibility criteria for each course.
- Qualification: Applicants must be holding a Bachelor’s degree in any relevant subject from a renowned institution.
- Marks: The applicant must have secured a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
- Qualification: Applicants must have graduated from a renowned university/institution in any of the following subjects- Maths/ Statistics/ Computer Science
- Marks: Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in their graduation (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
ME/ M.Tech/M.Arch Courses
- Qualification: Applicants must be holding a bachelor’s degree in B.Tech/ M.Sc. from a renowned university/ institution.
- Score: Applying candidates must have a valid GATE score.
- Marks: Applicants must have secured a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
Also Read: List of Professional Courses after Graduation
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Admit Card
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) releases the KPGCET admit card. The KPGCET 2023 admit card will be released in the first week of July. Candidates can download the KPGCET admit card from the official website of KEA. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps
- Candidates can visit the official website of KEA and click on the KPGCET 2023 admit card link.
- Candidates can enter their PGCET registration number and date of birth.
- The KPGCET 2023 admit card will open on your screen. Candidates can download and take a printout of the admit card.
How to Prepare for Karnataka PGCET 2023?
Candidates willing to crack KPGCET 2023 exam must start their preparation as soon as possible. Students must have a good study plan to achieve the desired score. The right study material also plays an important role while preparing for the exam. Candidates must focus on their strengths and try to overcome their weaknesses.
Best Books for Karnataka PGCET 2023 Preparation
Candidates should have the best books for preparation for the KPGCET 2023 exam. The books will help you follow your study plan and prepare in the right way. Some of the best-recommended books are mentioned below:
|Vedic Mathematics||Dr. Aditi Singhal|
|Mathematics for MBA||R.S.Aggarwal|
|Mathematics Papers||Kiran Publications|
|The Mega Year Book||Disha Experts|
|Objective General Knowledge||Lucent|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Preparation Tips
To get good marks in Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam candidates can follow some tips and tricks. These tips will help the candidates prepare for the exam in the right way. Let us look at these tips to prepare for the Karnataka PGCET 2023:
- Candidates must know the KPGCET 2023 syllabus properly before they start their preparation. Candidates must cover all the topics according to the syllabus and try to cover all the important topics first.
- Choose the right study material before starting your preparation. Also, go for the recommended books and complete your preparation from these books only.
- Practice previous year’s papers so that you can analyze your performance. Solving papers will help you keep in mind the mistakes you make while solving questions.
- Prepare notes for every topic you study. Candidates can revise these notes at the end of the week.
- Take proper sleep and maintain your health. Sleeping for a complete 8 hours will help you regain your strength and you will have a fresh mind to study.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Answer Key
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) publishes the KPGCET answer key a few days after the exam is conducted. Candidates can follow the steps to download the Karnataka PGCET answer key.
- Visit the official website of the KPGCET 2023 exam.
- Click on the KPGCET 2023 answer key link.
- The answer key will open on the screen and can be downloaded in a PDF format.
- Candidates can take a printout of KPGCET 2023.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Result
The Karnataka PGCET 2023 result will be available on the official website of KEA. Candidates can download the KPGCET 2023 scorecard online. Candidates can follow these steps to download the KPGCET 2023 result:
- Visit the official site of KEA and click on the KPGCET result.
- Candidates must enter their credentials and click on the login tab.
- The result will display on the screen.
- Candidates can download the result and take a printout.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 is set to be held via the pen-paper mode, i.e. offline mode.
The Karnataka PGCET Exam is conducted only once a year. The score obtained by the candidate will be considered valid only for the present year of admission.
Ideally a candidate the whole syllabus in a year as well as revision. However, six months of continuous preparation including multiple mock tests would also suffice.
The syllabus is based on topics from the following subjects: Proficiency in the English Language, General Knowledge, Quantitative Analysis and Reasoning, and General Intelligence.
This was all about the latest update on Karnataka KPGCET 2023 and how to prepare for the examination for excellence. For more information related to KPGCET or any other Indian examinations, you can follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.