The full form of NEGP is the National e-Governance Plan. It refers to a plan formulated in 2006 by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & pensions, Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (ME&IT). Apart from this, the NeGP was approved on May 18, 2006. In a rapidly growing economy like India, e-governance has become a need. In simple words, it refers to the act of using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to provide easy services to different sectors and make information exchange a piece of cake.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of BSI?
Objectives of NeGP
Over the years, numerous initiatives have been implemented in India to facilitate the new dawn of e-governance. The NeGP was formulated by taking numerous objectives into consideration such as:
- Improvement in service delivery to citizens
- Easy accessibility of information
- Increasing efficiency in working between states or between center and state
- Improving interaction with businesses and different industries
- Bringing transparency, accountability, and reliability in government matters.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of SCVT?
Key Facts About NeGP
Here are the key facts about NeGP which you must know about:
- Initially, the project consisted of 27 Mission Mode Projects and 8 components.
- In the year 2011, four new projects including Health, Education, Posts, and PDS were introduced to increase MMPs or Mission Mode Projects to 31.
- The ultimate vision of NeGP is to make public services more accessible and affordable for common citizens.
- The core components of NeGP include State Wide Area Networks (SWAN), State Data Centres (SDC), and Common Service Centres (CSC).
- NeGP, also known as e-Kranti, was also introduced by the government in March 2015 to utilize emerging technologies like geospatial information systems.
- The most common examples of e-governance initiatives include E-Courts, G-I cloud, Digital Locker, and Aadhar.
This was all about the NeGP full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.