The Stipendium Hungaricum is the Hungarian Government’s most prestigious scholarship scheme for higher education. It provides a variety of programs for foreign students of outstanding academic reputation. If you are planning to study in Hungary, then this scholarship can actually help you cover the tuition fees along with providing monthly stipend as well as health benefits. Want to know more? Check out this blog to know all about Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2021, benefits, amount, eligibility requirements and latest notifications.
This Blog Includes:
About Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2021
The goal of the scholarship is to encourage the globalisation and continuous growth of Hungarian educational institutions, to improve the education and professional society’s international ties, and to promote the prestige and prosperity of Hungarian higher education at all levels.
Here are the key highlights of Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2021:
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based Scholarship|
|Organization By||Hungarian Government|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||5000|
|Scholarship Website Link||https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/|
|Academic Year||15th January 2021|
|Benefits||Fully Funded Benefits with Tuition Expenses, Monthly Stipend up to HUF 43,700 a month, round Air Fares, with housing accommodations and Health Insurance are covered by this Scholarship.|
|Study-Level||Bachelor’s, Master, and Post Doctorate Degree in Hungarian Universities.|
Here are the benefits of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship:
- Tuition-free Education: Exclusion from Tuition Fee Payment.
- Monthly Stipend: Non-Graduate, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree and One-tier Masters Degree Level: Monthly Allocation of HUF 40,460 to living costs, for a total of 12 months each year until completion of studies,
- Doctoral Level: As per current Hungarian regulations, the regular grant volume is HUF 140,000 for the first stage of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 for the second stage (4 semesters) for the first stage of education (12 months) before completing studies.
- Accommodation: Residence or a monthly donation of HUF 40,000 to the expense of housing for the full length of the term of the fellowship.
- Health Benefits Scheme: Medical insurance under the applicable Hungarian law, national medical insurance card and supplemental medical coverage up to HUF 65,000 a year per person.
Must Read: MBBS in Hungary
The eligibility requirements for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2021 are as follows:
- You should possess marks of at least 60% in all your qualifying examinations till now.
- You must be an Indian citizen or a citizen of any of the given nationalities.
- Only a recognised Indian educational institution may have concluded his/her last training programme.
- However, if they qualify for a different/ higher level of the study programme, students who have benefited from the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship can apply.
- Candidates are only entitled to apply if they follow the minimum language requirements laid down by the host institution of higher learning selected.
- In the case of English language degree courses, students must have the degree of English proficiency needed by the host institution.
- For educational opportunities in Hungarian language, students must take part in a one-year Hungarian language prerequisite program before beginning their university education studies.
How to Apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2021
Before qualifying for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, these important documentation needs to be submitted:
- Certificate of Education (High School Certificate, Diploma/Certificate of School or University or other equivalent; both in English (translated).
- Citizenship proof (e.g. Passport).
- Simple Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Health and Medical Certificate
- Citizens of the United States of America who qualify for the Medicine Program are expected to request the results of their Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- It is not mandatory to have an IELTS/TOEFL Language Certificate
Additional Doctoral Degree Documents:
- Essay on Plan of Research
- Minimum 2 pages, written with letters in Times New Roman 12 point font scale, written in the language of the research science programme chosen
- Recommendation Letters
- Two signed references from previous or existing academic tutors or administrators of the candidate. The letters cannot be provided by the same person which should also be published in the language of the science program chosen or in Hungarian.
The Hungarian Government Scholarship deadline ranges from nation to nation. For further information on the Hungarian scholarship online application and deadline, please visit the sending partner in your nation.
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with all the information regarding Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2021! Want to study in Hungary? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you select the best program and university as per your interests and we’ll further guide you throughout the admission process as well! Sign up for a free session today!