The Stipendium Hungaricum is the Hungarian Government’s most prestigious scholarship scheme for higher education. It provides a variety of programs for foreign students with outstanding academic reputations. If you are planning to study in Hungary, then this scholarship can actually help you cover the tuition fees along with providing a monthly stipend as well as health benefits. Want to know more? Check out this blog to know all about Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023, benefits, amount, eligibility requirements and latest notifications.
About Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023
The goal of the scholarship is to encourage the globalisation and continuous growth of Hungarian educational institutions, to improve the education and professional society’s international ties, and to promote the prestige and prosperity of Hungarian higher education at all levels.
Here are the key highlights of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023:
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based Scholarship|
|Organization By||Hungarian Government|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||5000|
|Scholarship Website Link||https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/|
|Benefits||Fully Funded Benefits with Tuition Expenses, Monthly Stipend up to HUF 43,700 a month, round Air Fares, housing accommodations and Health Insurance are covered by this Scholarship.|
|Study-Level||Bachelor’s, Master, and Post Doctorate Degrees in Hungarian Universities.|
Check Out: International Excellence Scholarship for Asia
Here are the benefits of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship:
- Tuition-free Education: Exclusion from Tuition Fee Payment.
- Monthly Stipend: Non-Graduate, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree and One-tier Masters Degree Level: Monthly stipend of HUF 43,700 for 12 months.
- Doctoral Level: As per current Hungarian regulations, the regular grant volume is HUF 140,000 for the first stage of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 for the second stage (4 semesters) for the first stage of education (12 months) before completing studies.
- Accommodation: Residence or a monthly donation of HUF 40,000 to the expense of housing for the full length of the term of the fellowship.
- Health Benefits Scheme: Medical insurance under the applicable Hungarian law, national medical insurance card and supplemental medical coverage up to HUF 65,000 a year per person.
Must Read: MBBS in Hungary
The eligibility requirements for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 are as follows:
- You should possess marks of at least 60% in all your qualifying examinations till now.
- You must be an Indian citizen or a citizen of any of the given nationalities.
- Only a recognised Indian educational institution may have concluded his/her last training programme.
- However, if they qualify for a different/ higher level of study programme, students who have benefited from the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship can apply.
- Candidates are only entitled to apply if they follow the minimum language requirements laid down by the host institution of higher learning selected.
- In the case of English language degree courses, students must have the degree of English proficiency needed by the host institution.
- For educational opportunities in the Hungarian language, students must take part in a one-year Hungarian language prerequisite program before beginning their university education studies.
Applications will be rejected under the following circumstances:
- Hungarian nationals (including dual citizens),
- People awarded refugee status (“menekült”),
- People granted temporary protection (“menedékes”),
- People accepted subsidiary protection (“oltalmazott”), and
- Those granted humanitarian protection (“befogadott”),
Must Read: Student Life in Hungary: Top Universities and courses in Hungary
How to Apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023?
- Applicants must apply online at the Tempus Public Foundation’s website.
- Please provide all of your specific personal information, such as your name, address, date of birth, country, religion, and so on.
- Fill out all of the relevant fields for each level.
- Applicants must submit and store their applications on the internet.
- After completing an application on the Tempus Foundation website, applicants must also apply through the sending partner of their respective countries.
- Applicants must accept the statement in order to apply through the online system.
Also Read: European Universities Ready to Welcome Indian Students!
Before qualifying for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, these important documentation needs to be submitted:
- Online application form.
- One-pager motivation letter in the specified format of 12 Times New Roman in the Hungarian language.
- Proof of English Language proficiency.
- Academic Transcripts.
- School certificates.
- Copy of Identification Document.
- Medical certificate.
- Portfolio and Audio Portfolio (for Art and Music applicants only).
Additional Doctoral Degree Documents
- Essay on Plan of Research
- Minimum 2 pages, written with letters in Times New Roman 12 point font scale, written in the language of the research science programme chosen
- Recommendation Letters
- Two signed references from previous or existing academic tutors or administrators of the candidate. The letters cannot be provided by the same person and should also be published in the language of the science program chosen or in Hungarian.
Must Read: How to Study Abroad after 12th for Free from India?
The Hungarian Government Scholarship deadline ranges from nation to nation. The application deadline is 16 January 2023, 2 pm (CET). For further information on the Hungarian scholarship online application and deadline, please visit the sending partner in your nation.
Ans. Study in Hungary with the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023-2024. The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2023-24 offers an exceptional chance for international students to enrol in one of the world’s best international institutions, which is located in Hungary.
Ans. If you apply for PhD level, the monthly scholarship amount is HUF 140,000 (about EUR 330) for the first phase of your education (four semesters) and HUF 180,000 (approximately EUR 424) for the second phase (four semesters) – for 12 months a year, till your studies are completed.
Ans. Online applications are available at http://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/. Please select “Hungarian Scholarship Program” after registering and filling up your profile. After submitting the application, have a printed copy of it signed by the applicant. On January 16, 2023, the HEC online application portal will be closed (1600 Hours Pakistan Time).
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with all the information regarding Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023! Want to study in Hungary? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you select the best program and university as per your interests and we’ll further guide you throughout the study abroad process as well! Sign up for a free session today!