The United States of America (USA) is a haven for people interested in pursuing master’s degrees that will help them develop in their profession. From Doctor of Medicine to MIS, the United States provides a diverse range of programmes with promising futures. MS in Business Analytics is one such well-known programme (MSBA). Data-driven judgments have become increasingly important as technology advances. As a result, the Analytics and Data Science industries have undergone a paradigm shift and have also experienced a surge in student interest in recent years. As a result, earning a degree in such a fast-growing sector will undoubtedly help you get an advantage over the competition. In this article, we will look at the course and how one might pursue it in the United States.
This Blog Includes:
- What is MS in Business Analytics?
- Why Study MS in Business Analytics in USA?
- MS in Business Analytics in USA Syllabus
- Top Universities for Pursuing MS in Business Analytics in USA
- Cost Of Studying Masters In Business Analytics USA
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process
- MS in Business Analytics in USA Without GMAT/GRE
- Scholarship Opportunities For MS In Business Analytics In USA
- MS in Business Analytics in USA: Career Prospects
What is MS in Business Analytics?
The goal of business analytics is to transform enormous data into usable intelligence. To that aim, business analysts make data-driven judgments using a variety of statistical and quantitative approaches, computer tools, and predictive models, as well as their understanding of finance, the corporate world, and the economy. As there will always be a need for business analysis, business analytics have grown into a massive industry. It is a subject of study that spans all industries and has shown to be a valuable addition to a company’s personnel. As previously said, the Masters in Business Analytics program is a well regarded program that has experienced an increase in student interest in recent years.
Why Study MS in Business Analytics in USA?
Countless foreign students travel here to enrol in prestigious MSBA programmes in the United States for a reason. Here are the four most well-known:
- QS-Ranked Universities: Students can select from more than 15 QS-ranked colleges where business analytics courses are offered in the USA. For instance, when looking at universities and specific fields, MIT is ranked first on the QS-Ranking list.
- High Employment Opportunities: According to the BLS, there are approximately 99,400 management analyst job openings per year. Since the majority of companies, including Amazon, Apple, and others, have headquarters in the USA and are searching for MSBA graduates, it is great for students to consider employment here. The USA is the centre for technology-driven solutions.
- Preferred Option: The USA has long been a top choice for education because a large portion of their economy is powered by talented people. So you can proceed with confidence when it comes to paying for MS in business analytics in the USA. You can find a better study environment and more job opportunities in the nation.
- Enhanced Learning: These students are well-prepared to handle the real-world issues in this profession thanks to the MS in business analytics that top colleges in the USA implement. The best examples are workshops, interactions with business leaders, learning from instructors who have worked in a variety of industry sectors, etc.
Must Read: MBA in Business Analytics: Top Universities, Jobs, Scope
MS in Business Analytics in USA Syllabus
Master of Science in Business Analytics will equip you with various techniques for assessing and managing essential data to solve critical business challenges. It is available under a variety of courses such as Master’s in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Master’s in Business Analytics, etc. Although there are many master’s courses in this field, the curriculum of the course revolves around the same lines. Tabulated below are the main subjects of MS in Business Analytics in the USA.
- Optimization Methods
- Analysis Lab
- From Analytics to Action
- Analytics Edge
- Communication and Data Storytelling
- Ethics and Data Privacy
- Analytics Software Tools in R, Python, SQL, and Julia- I
- Machine Learning Under a Modern Optimization Lens
- Analytics Capstone Project
- Communicating with Data
- Analytics Software Tools in R, Python, SQL, and Julia- II
Note: The aforementioned syllabus is for the program Master of Business Analytics by Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Different institutions may have a varied curriculum.
Top Universities for Pursuing MS in Business Analytics in USA
A wide range of programs, comprehensive curriculum, extensive research opportunities as well as certified faculty, universities in the USA offers many perks, especially for international students. However, you must thoroughly research before choosing the right institution to start your career in the growing field of Business Analytics. Here are some of the top universities offering MS in Business Analytics in USA:
|University||Location in the USA||QS Business Masters Rankings: Business Analytics (2023)||Program Name|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Cambridge||1||Master of Business Analytics|
|University of California Los Angeles||Los Angeles||2||Master of Science in Business Analytics|
|The University of Texas at Austin||Austin||6||Master of Science in Business Analytics|
|University of Southern California||California||7||Master of Science in Business Analytics|
|University of Washington||Seattle||11||Master of Science in Business Analytics|
|Warwick University||Coventry||12||MS in Business Analytics|
|Purdue University||West Lafayette||13||MS Business Analytics & Information Management|
|Arizona State University||Tempe||19||MS Business Analytics|
|University of Notre Dame||Chicago||22||MS Business Analytics|
|University of California, Davis||San Francisco||25||MSc in Business Analytics|
Cost Of Studying Masters In Business Analytics USA
Students are expected to have a better understanding of their financial duties so that they can have a seamless learning experience. There are two costs to consider when studying MSBA in the USA:
- Tuition Fees: The cost of an MS in business analytics in the USA ranges from 4,000 USD (INR 3.3 Lakhs-calculated on an hourly basis) to 86,300 USD (INR 71 Lakhs) annually.
- Cost of Living: Your MS in business analytics studies in the USA will be impacted by a number of crucial factors, including living expenditures. Students need between 10,000 USD (INR 8.2 Lakhs) and 20,000 USD (INR 16 Lakhs) a year to live in the USA. Rent for the lodging, groceries, other costs, internet bills, health insurance, etc. are among the expenses.
Pursuing higher education in a country that houses a majority of top universities in the world, it is essential for you to fulfil the eligibility criteria. However, as the MSBA course is available in a variety of universities, the entry requisites for the same can differ. Let us go through some basic prerequisites required to study MS in Business Analytics in USA:
- Usual formal schooling of 10+2 from a recognised institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a similar or relevant field along with some work experience. Though required, not mandatory to have work experience.
- GMAT/GRE scores.
- A good score in English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and SOP for Business Analytics form an essential part of the admission process.
- Detailed and updated resume
- F-1 Visa
Note: The above-mentioned details are general. Contact Leverage Edu experts for specific details.
There are a few actions you must do in order to effectively meet the MS in business analytics in USA eligibility list and expedite your application process. To begin, consider the following overview:
- Identify which university offers MSBA in USA
- Visit the chosen university’s official website to check the entry requirements
- Pay the application fee and fill out the online application
- Submit all required documents before the application deadline
- If interview invite has been sent, ensure you attend the same
- Once accepted, start arranging for funds and apply for a USA student visa
Pursue your Master’s degree abroad with Leverage Edu
MS in Business Analytics in USA Without GMAT/GRE
GMAT/GRE scores are used to assess the caliber of students seeking admission to master’s programs in other countries. Most universities in the United States that offer master’s degrees in Business Analytics require you to submit your GMAT/GRE score. However, international students who do not have strong GRE/GMAT scores or have not yet taken the exam but intend to apply for an MS in Business Analytics in the United States can do the following:
- With a high GPA, you can get a GMAT/GRE waiver.
- A few institutions will admit international students with job experience without requiring GRE/GMAT scores.
- Apply to universities/colleges that do not require you to submit GMAT/GRE results. Some of the popular universities or schools that offer the program to international students without requiring a GMAT/GRE score are:
Scholarship Opportunities For MS In Business Analytics In USA
Studying at the top business analytics universities in the USA is no longer difficult, especially financially. In order to support those in need, a list of scholarships is now available to international students. These five helpful scholarships can help you with your finance needs for an American MS in business analytics:
|Columbia Advisory Group Grant||Applied to a Masters program in Texas A & M university Grant of either 250 USD (INR 16,000) or 500 USD (INR 41,000)|
|Keith and Nancy Mcfarland Endowment||Enrolled in a program where students serve 9 graduate credit hours for each semester 1000 USD/year (INR 82,000)|
|Aga Foundation Scholarship||Pursue MS in USA with financial issues Offer 50% grant and 50% loans. Covers tuition and living costs.|
|Global Study Awards||Enrolled in a postgraduate program in USA and scored well in IELTS 12,084 USD (INR 99 Lakhs) given to cater to tuition costs|
|AAUW International Fellowship||For women who wish to study full-time abroadCovers living, tuition and childcare costs|
MS in Business Analytics in USA: Career Prospects
The increasing demand for professionals having core knowledge of Analytics is growing every day. Hence, you can find employment opportunities across industries after the completion of your course. The following are some of the popular work profiles and industries where you can work after completing an MS in Business Analytics in USA.
- Financial Sector
- Health Care
- Software Services
- Technical Sector
- Data Analyst
- Customer Analyst
- Operations Lead
- Product Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Quantitative Analyst
Unlike MBA programmes, most MSBA programmes do not require prior experience to apply. You can work in business and analytics without a Master’s in Business Analytics degree, but if you want to grow rapidly and qualify for the best jobs, an MSBA degree is worth it.
With the growing popularity of Big Data-related occupations, Analytics roles are gaining significant traction. Almost all industries, including financial services, technology, the internet, retail, FMCG, healthcare, travel, and media, are affected.
Some of the best countries to study MS in Business Analytics are as follows:
A degree in MBA offers you with a larger vision to choose from many possibilities as well as work chances. MS Analytics students, on the other hand, can only look for jobs in their discipline. As a result, MBA graduates have a higher earning potential than MS Analytics grads.
Planning to pursue MS in Business Analytics in USA? Not sure how to get started with the procedure? Then reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who will help you select the best university and will also provide assistance in completing the application related paperwork so that you kickstart your career in Business Analytics with ease!