Since 1966, the Istituto Europeo di Design Barcelona has fostered culture and innovation in the domains of design, fashion, visual arts, communication, and management through an international education network. Istituto Europeo di Design Barcelona is a worldwide network of 12 cities, with seven in Italy (Milan, Cagliari, Como, Florence, Rome, Turin, and Venice), three in Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, and Bilbao), and two in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo).
About Istituto Europeo di Design Barcelona
The Univeristy first opened its doors in Barcelona in 2002. It is now one of the most important epicenters in design education, with national and international acclaim. IED Barcelona Escola Superior de Disseny is Spain’s most international and multicultural education center, with 65 percent of its students coming from outside the country and 36 percent of its courses taught in English.
It provides Undergraduate Design Degrees, Bachelors of Arts (Honors) recognised by the University of Westminster, IED Diplomas, Master and Postgraduate Courses, Continuing Study Programs, and Summer Courses in the fields of Fashion, Design, Visual Communication, and Creative Industries Management.
Another distinguishing feature of IED Barcelona is its relationship with the business community. Students build genuine proposals with firms and institutions of all kinds since proactive engagement between the academic and labor worlds is a crucial asset for creating synergies and opportunities. The school promotes a new methodology for designing education that is capable of digesting and interpreting constant changes and transforming them into relevant educational content that allows students to respond to current labor market demands.
|Bachelor in Graphic Design – Advertising||€14,100|
|Bachelors in Interior Design||€14,100|
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design||€ 15,800|
|BA (Hons) Business Design||€14,100|
|Bachelors in Graphic Design – Motion Graphics||€14,100|
|Bachelors in Product Design – Transportation||€14,100|
|BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing and Communication||€15,100|
|Bachelors in Product Design||€12,100|
|Bachelors in Graphic Design||€15,100|
|COURSE||ANNUAL FEES (INR)|
|Master in Design Management||€12,100|
|Master in Fashion Management||€14,600|
|Master in Interior Design for Commercial Spaces and Retail||€14,600|
|Master in Design for Artificial Intelligence||€14,600|
|Master in Design for Urban Environment||€14,600|
|Master in Design for Virtual Reality||€14,600|
|Master in Fashion Creative Direction||€12,800|
|Master in Fashion Technology and Wearables||€14,600|
|Master in Interaction Design||€14,600|
|Master in Service Design||€14,600|
- Continuing Study Program: Design for Innovation Strategy
- Continuing Study Program: Fashion Product Management
- Foundation in Fashion
- Foundation in Global Design
- Summer Course in Creative Methodology in Fashion Design
- Summer Course in Design and Management for Music Events
- Summer Course in Design Thinking for Business Transformation
- Summer Course in Experimental Jewelry Design
- Summer Course in Fashion Product Management
- Summer Course in Fashion Trends Investigation
- Summer Course in Graphic Design in Branding
- Summer Course in Innovation and Future Thinking
- Summer Course in Retail Design for Entertainment
- Summer Course in UX Writing
Students must follow IED Barcelona’s online admission procedures and pass the particular Access Test to be admitted to the Undergraduate Degree. In general, these five Steps are the basis for admission to undergraduate courses at IED Barcelona :
STEP 1: Pre-Enrollment Process
The documents required for admission process:
- A photocopy of your identity document (National Identity Document or Foreign National Identity Document for residents in Spain, or Passport for foreign students).
- A certificate of proficiency in the chosen course’s language, in accordance with the course’s language requirements (students who do not have a certificate can take a language assessment test).
- Additional mandatory documents (not required for admission, but required to complete the enrolment process):
- Certificate of completion of sixth form (bachillerato) or equivalent (for non-Spanish certificates, recognition of the equivalent).
- If applicable, a diploma for advanced technical study in plastic arts and design.
- If applicable, a diploma for advanced vocational training.
STEP 2: Admission Interview
IED Barcelona invites applications from individuals with a range of backgrounds and aims to admit those who have the highest potential, independent of their prior experience. The purpose of the entrance interview is to learn why the student wants to take the course (motivation) and how well they grasp the course language.
Test of language ability
Applicants will be asked to take a language exam to assess their linguistic skills and ability to learn during the course if a language certificate is not submitted to establish their competency in the course language. Language teachers from IED Barcelona will perform the language assessment test through Skype.
STEP 3: Enrolment Confirmation Process
After getting selected in the interview you will be asked to fill out and sign the enrollment application sent by your academic advisor. The university will also ask to submit some documents along with the application. With this process you will complete the enrollment process and pay the fee.
STEP 4: Admission Test
Once the application is complete the university will conduct an admission test. The study material will be given by the university for preparations. The test material is only accessible after paying the course or semester fees.
The master’s program recognises and welcomes students from a variety of design, management, and theoretical backgrounds. Designers from all disciplines (Graphic Design, Product Design, and Interior Design), architects, business and management experts, marketing and communication professionals, and others are all welcome to participate in the program.
IED Barcelona has designed the curriculum to be adaptable in order to attract students with a variety of expertise and backgrounds. This establishes a multidisciplinary atmosphere for students to acquire a full vision through design management over the course.
All candidates must submit the following credentials to begin the validation process:
- 2 years of professional experience following graduation from university;
- A motivation letter in English and a CV in English stating language levels and computer skills, as well as an Intermediate level of English, which corresponds to a TOEFL 5.50 or IELTS 6.5 on paper.
- If you don’t have any qualifications, an in-person or Skype interview will be required to determine your level.
Scholarships and Fundings
For its Undergraduate courses in Italy and Spain, the IED Network offers 182 scholarships.
152 scholarships are available from IED Italia and the Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli for courses in Milan, Cagliari, Florence, Rome, Turin, and the Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli in Como. The application deadline is May 5th, 2022.
For courses in Madrid, Barcelona, and Bilbao, IED Spain offers 30 scholarships.
IED Barcelona Design University has been named one of the Top 25 Best Fashion Universities in the World by the worldwide fashion website Fashionista. The university is ranked 17th in the world, and it is the only Spanish university on the list.
IED is a private institution that is allowed to grant accredited diplomas in schools of Advanced Artistic Studies and offers several undergraduate (three-year) and postgraduate (four-year) courses in Italy (two years and Master).
Every year, about 10,000 students enroll in these courses, bringing the total number of students to more than 90,000 over the institute’s forty-year history.
If you are planning to study in Barcelona then connect with Leverage Edu experts for end-to-end assistance. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today.