- What is GMAT?
GMAT is the most logical and popular standardized test for Business School aspirants across the globe. Over the past few years, most of the best B-Schools in India have also started accepting GMAT scores.
- Why GMAT?
If you want to get into one of the 500 best business schools in the world, you must take GMAT.
- Is scoring well on GMAT is the only important criteria to get into top B-school?
Getting a good score on the GMAT is essential to apply to the top Business Schools across the world. However, this is not the only criteria. It works as the first step without which nothing else will matter. The process involves writing essays that showcase your leadership skills and unique personal qualities/experiences, LORs detailing your excellent professional journey, submitting the application before the deadline and wait for the decision to be made by the admissions committee. Present a competitive application and hope for the best.
- What is GMAT Format?
|Section||No. of Questions||Time||Score Range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)||1 Topic||30 minutes||0-6 (in .5 increments)|
|Integrated Reasoning (IR)||12 Questions||30 minutes||1-8|
|Quantitative Section||37 Questions||75 minutes||200-800|
|Verbal Section||41 Questions||75 minutes||200-800|
The GMAT sections are available in three different orders. Here are the three GMAT section orders you will be able to choose from:
Option 1: Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal (original order)
Option 2: Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment
Option 3: Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment
- Do I need to be a graduate for taking the GMAT?
- GMAT (without AWA) is scored out of?
- What is an ideal GMAT score?
8. How long does GMAT preparation take?
Ideally, 4-5 months are sufficient for a serious preparation: which must start with mastering the topics, and that the second part can be spent completing realistic mock test simulations and working on the errors logs.
- How often can I take the GMAT exam in a calendar year?
You can appear for the GMAT exam once every 16 calendar days and no more than five times in a 12-month period and no more than eight times total (lifetime limit effective December 17, 2016)
- What is the fee for the exam?
$250. You can pay for registering GMAT with a credit or debit card, money order or cashier’s/personal check.
- What are the extra universities score reporting charges?
- Are GMAT scores valid for any Indian Business Schools also? If yes, name a few other B-schools which accept a GMAT score.
As per GMAC’s page, mba.com, there are more 200 Indian business schools that accept GMAT scores. Given below is the list of few of the top B-schools in India that accept GMAT scores. For more info on business schools, visit mba.com.
Apart from 12 IIMs, give below is the list of schools accepting GMAT scores,
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- FMS, Delhi
- IIT-DMS, Delhi, Kanpur, Bombay, Madras, Roorkee & Kharagpur
- ISB, Hyderabad, and Mohali
- IIFT, Delhi & Kolkata
- P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- IMT, Ghaziabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur, and Dubai
- MDI, Gurgaon
- School of Management, NMIMS, Mumbai
- J.Somaiya Institute for Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- TAPMI, Manipal
- XIM, Bhubaneswar
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- MICA, Ahmedabad
- TISS, Mumbai
- IMI, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar and Kolkata
- NIFT, Delhi
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gujarat
13. AWA scores are out of?
- What is an ideal AWA score?
- How is Integrated Reasoning (IR) section scored?
IR scores range from 1 to 8, in single-digit increments. So, your IR score may be an 8, or a 7, or a 6 (and so on). IR score will be separate from your Quantitative and Verbal scores, and it will not reflect your total GMAT score out of 800.
- What is the fee for rescheduling the GMAT exam?
- Which organization develops the GMAT exam currently?
GMAC (Graduate Management Admissions Council)
- GMAT stands for?
Graduate Management Admission Test.
- What is the validity of a GMAT score?
- Through which website can an applicant register for the GMAT?
To register for the GMAT, visit www.mba.com (the official GMAT website). You must create an account first, then select your testing date, time, and location by clicking on “Register for the GMAT” under “The GMAT Exam” on the main page.
- Can I cancel my scores?
Yes, you can cancel your scores immediately after your exam for no fee. You can cancel the scores online for a $25 fee up to 72 hours after starting the exam.
- Can I reinstate my scores?
You can reinstate your canceled scores online for a $50 fee. Any valid GMAT exam is taken on or after January 1, 2014, will be eligible for reinstatement.