The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced a reduction in the syllabus of class 12th board exams. All the core subjects of the streams Commerce, Arts and Science have undergone major changes in terms of syllabus reduction. To assist all those who are preparing for the board exams, we have combined the deleted syllabus of CBSE class 12 for all the major subjects of the three streams.
This Blog Includes:
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 10 Maths
- English (Core and Elective)
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Political Science
Deleted Syllabus of Class 10 Maths
Here is the reduced syllabus of CBSE Class 10 Maths 2020-21:
Unit 1: Relations and Functions
- Relations and Functions: Composite functions, inverse of a function.
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions: Graphs of inverse trigonometric functions and elementary properties of inverse trigonometric functions
Unit 2: Algebra
- Matrices: Existence of non-zero matrices whose product is the zero matrix, concept of elementary row and column operations, proof of the uniqueness of inverse, if it exists.
- Determinants: Properties of determinants, consistency, inconsistency and number of solutions of system of linear equations by examples
Unit 3: Calculus
- Continuity and Differentiability: Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems (without proof) and their geometric interpretation.
- Applications of Derivatives: Rate of change of bodies, use of derivatives in approximation
Definite integrals as a limit of a sum
- Applications of the Integrals: Area between any of the two above said curves
- Differential Equations: Formation of differential equation whose general solution is given, Solutions of linear differential equation of the type: dx/dy + px = q, where p and q are functions of y or constant.
Unit-IV: Vectors and Three- Dimensional Geometry
- Vectors: Scalar triple product of vectors.
- Three – dimensional Geometry: Angle between (i) two lines, (ii) two planes, (iii) a line and a plane
Unit-V: Linear Programming
Linear Programming: Mathematical formulation of L.P. problems
Probability: Mean and variance of random variable. Binomial probability distribution.
For the students who have physics as their core subject, here is the deleted syllabus of CBSE class 12 for it-
- Chapter-1 Electric Charges and Fields: Uniformly charged thin spherical shell (field inside and outside).
- Chapter-3 Current and Electricity: Carbon resistors, colour code for carbon resistors, Series and parallel combinations of resistors
- Chapter-4 Moving Charges and Magnetism: Cyclotron
- Chapter-5 Magnetism and Matter: Magnetic field intensity due to a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis; Torque on a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) in a uniform magnetic field; Para-, dia- and ferromagnetic substances, with examples; Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths; Permanent magnets.
- Chapter-7 Alternating Current: Power factor, Wattless current
- Chapter 8 Electromagnetic Waves: Basic idea of displacement current
- Chapter 9 Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Reflection of light,
- Spherical mirrors,(recapitulation)
- Mirror formula
- Scattering of light – blue colour of sky and reddish appearance of the sun at sunrise and sunset.
- Resolving power of microscope and astronomical telescope,
- Plane polarised light
- Brewster’s law,
- Uses of plane polarised light and Polaroids
- Chapter-11 Dual Nature of radiation and matter: Davisson-Germer experiment
- Chapter 13 Nuclei
- Radioactivity, alpha, beta and gamma particles/rays and their properties
- Radioactive decay law, half life and mean life
- Binding energy per nucleon and its variation with mass number
- Chapter 14 Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits
- Zener diode and their characteristics,
- Zener diode as a voltage regulator
The deleted syllabus of CBSE class 12 for Chemistry for the year 2020-2021 is listed down below-
- Chapter 1: Solid State
Electrical and magnetic properties. Band theory of metals, conductors, semiconductors and insulators and n and p-type semiconductors.
- Chapter 2: Solutions
Abnormal molecular mass, Van’t Hoff factor
- Chapter 3: Electrochemistry
Lead accumulator, fuel cells, corrosion, law of electrolysis (elementary idea), dry cell- electrolytic cells and Galvanic Cells
- Chapter 4: Chemical Kinetics
Concept of collision theory (elementary idea, no mathematical treatment), activation energy, Arrhenius equation
- Chapter 5: Surface Chemistry
Emulsion – types of emulsions, catalysis: homogeneous and heterogeneous, activity and selectivity of solid catalysts; enzyme catalysis
- Chapter 6: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements (Entire unit)
- Chapter 7: p-Block Elements
Preparation and properties of Phosphine, Sulphuric Acid: industrial process of manufacture, Oxides of Nitrogen (Structure only); Phosphorus – allotropic forms, compounds of Phosphorus: Preparation and properties of Halides and Oxo acids (elementary idea only).
- Chapter 8: d and f Block Elements
Chemical reactivity of lanthanides, Actinides -Electronic configuration, oxidation states and comparison with lanthanide. Preparation and properties of KMnO4 and K2Cr2O7
- Chapter 9: Coordination Compounds
Structure and stereoisomerism, the importance of coordination compounds (in qualitative analysis, extraction of metals and biological system).
- Chapter 10: Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Uses and environmental effects of -dichloromethane, trichloromethane, tetrachloromethane, iodoform, freons, DDT.
- Chapter 11: Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Uses with special reference to methanol and ethanol.
- Chapter 13: Amines
Diazonium salts: Preparation, chemical reactions and importance in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Chapter 14: Biomolecules
Oligosaccharides (sucrose, lactose, maltose), polysaccharides (starch, cellulose, glycogen), importance of carbohydrates. Vitamins– classification and functions. Enzymes. Hormones – Elementary idea excluding structure.
- Chapter 15: Polymers (Entire chapter)
- Chapter 16: Chemistry in Everyday Life (Entire chapter)
The topics of Biology that will fall under the deleted syllabus of CBSE class 12 are stated below:
Chapter-1: Reproduction in Organism
Reproduction, a characteristic feature of all organisms for continuation of species; modes of reproduction – asexual and sexual reproduction; asexual reproduction – binary fission, sporulation, budding, gemmule formation, fragmentation; vegetative propagaUnder
Unit-VII Genetics and Evolution
Origin of life; biological evolution and evidence for biological evolution (paleontology, comparative anatomy, embryology and molecular evidence); Darwin’s contribution, modern synthetic theory of evolution; mechanism of evolution – variation (mutation and recombination) and natural selection with examples, types of natural selection; Gene flow and genetic drift; Hardy – Weinberg’s principle; adaptive radiation; human evolution.
Unit-VIII Biology and Human Welfare
Chapter 9: Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
Animal husbandry, Plant breeding, tissue culture, single-cell protein.
Unit-X Ecology and Environment
Ecosystems: Patterns, components; productivity and decomposition; energy flow; pyramids of number, biomass, energy; nutrient cycles (carbon and phosphorous); ecological succession; ecological services – carbon fixation, pollination, seed dispersal, oxygen release (in brief).
Chapter 16: Environmental Issues
Air pollution and its control; water pollution and its control; agrochemicals and their effects; solid waste management; radioactive waste management; greenhouse effect and climate change impact and mitigation; ozone layer depletion; deforestation; exemplifying case study as a success story addressing environmental issue(s).
English (Core and Elective)
English is a compulsory subject in all streams of Class 12. Here is the deleted syllabus of Class 12 English:
Reading: Note Making & Summarizing
Poets and Pancakes
A Roadside Stand
The Tiger King
Journey to the end of the Earth
Memories of Childhood
- Poster making
- Business or official letters for making enquiries, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders and sending replies.
- Speech, Debate
|Literature – Short Story||-Tomorrow
|Literature – Non Fiction||-Science Fiction
|Literature – Drama||Broken Images|
Business Studies is a core subject of the commerce field. Check out the deleted syllabus of Class 12 Business Studies 2020-21:
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
|Unit 3: Business Environment||-Demonetization: Concept
-Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalization in India
|Unit 4: Planning||Single-use and standing plans; Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, method Rule, budget and Programme|
|Unit 5: Organising||Formal and informal organisation: Concept|
|Unit 6: Staffing||Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management|
|Unit 7: Directing||barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers|
|Unit 8: Controlling||Relationship between planning and controlling|
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
|Unit 11: Marketing||Physical Distribution – components and channels of distribution|
|Unit 12: Consumer Protection||-Consumer Protection: importance
-Consumer awareness – Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
Don’t Miss: Class 12 Business Studies Project & Class 12 Business Studies Case Studies
Here is the reduced and deleted syllabus of Class 12 Accountancy 2020-21:
Unit 2: Accounting for Partnership Firms
Accounting for Partnership Firms – Reconstitution and Dissolution
- Admission of a partner – adjustment of capital accounts and preparation of balance sheet
- Retirement and death of a partner: adjustment of capital accounts. Preparation of loan account of the retiring partner.
- Preparation of deceased partner’s capital account and his executor’s account.
Unit – 3 Accounting for Companies
Accounting for Debentures
- Redemption of debentures-Methods: Lump sum, draw of lots.
The deleted syllabus of CBSE class 12 Computer Science has been elaborated below:
Unit I: Computational Thinking and Programming – 2
- Recursion: Simple algorithms with recursion: print a message forever, the sum of first n natural numbers, factorial, Fibonacci numbers, recursion on arrays: binary search
- Idea of Efficiency: Performance measurement in terms of the number of operations.
- Data-Structures: Lists as covered in Class XI, Stacks – Push, Pop using a list, Queues – Insert, Delete using a list. (One of the data structures: Stack or Queue.
Unit II: Computer Networks
- Web Scripting Client side (VB Script, Java Script, PHP) and Server side (ASP, JSP, PHP), Web 2.0 (for social networking)
- E-commerce payment transactions using online banking, mobile banking, payment apps and services.
Unit III: Database Management
- Recursively find the factorial of a natural number
- Write a recursive code to find the sum of all elements of a list.
- Write a recursive code to compute the nth Fibonacci number
- Suggested Practical List: Python Programming
Take a look at the deleted syllabus of Class 12 History CBSE 2020-21:
|Through the Eyes of Travellers||Theme-5
|Peasants, Zamindars And the State||Theme-8
|Colonialism and the Countryside||Theme 10
|A Revolt in The Countryside -The Bombay Deccan (Unit-3), The Deccan Riots Commission (Unit-4) From Page No-275-285 – Deleted|
No Change in Map Work under the reduced syllabus of Class 12 History.
Here are some Class 12 History Sample Papers for you!
We have listed all the deleted sections under the reduced syllabus of Class 12 Geography:
Book I – Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Chapter 6 – Secondary activities
- Chapter 8 – Transport and Communication
- Chapter 9 – International Trade
Book II – India People and Economy
- Chapter 5 – Land Resources and Agriculture
- Chapter 8 – Manufacturing Industries
- Chapter 10 – Transport and Communication
- Chapter 11 – International Trade
Practical Geography Part II
Unit II – Field Study or Spatial Information Technology
Book I: Contemporary World Politics
- Unit 6: Security in the Contemporary World (Completely Deleted)
- Unit 7 Environment and Natural Resources (Completely Deleted)
Book II: Politics in India since Independence
- Unit 10: Planned Development– Changing nature of India’s economic development Planning Commission and Five-year Plans
- Unit 11: India’s Foreign Policy– India’s Relations with its Neighbors: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Myanmar.
- Unit 14: Social and New Social Movements in India (Completely Deleted)
- Unit 15: Regional Aspirations (Completely Deleted)
Thus, we hope that this blog on the deleted syllabus of CBSE class 12 has helped you in checking all the deleted portions of the major subjects. Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and they will help you in getting your career started abroad. Give us a call today!