The majority of Indian students aspire to attend prestigious colleges abroad in nations like the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, China, and Canada. For the majority of Indian students among them, Canada is the destination of choice. This is due to the great academic facilities, cutting-edge infrastructure, and wide student diversity offered by Canadian universities.
The University of Alberta is one of the best universities in the world and among the many Canadian universities. Well, are you also looking to get admission to this university? Well, you have come to the right place as we will help you get admission with the help of scholarships. In this blog, you will read about the types of scholarships and how you can apply.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose the University of Alberta?
- List of Scholarships Offered at the University of Alberta For International Students
- Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship
- How to Apply?
Why Choose the University of Alberta?
One of Canada’s top institutions for teaching and research, the University of Alberta in Edmonton enjoys a national and international reputation for excellence in the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
Studying at the University of Alberta is recommended because it fosters excellence in instruction, research, creation, and scholarship. It is the responsibility of the university to educate its students so that they can later become active members of society and leaders.
Also Read: University of Alberta Acceptance Rate
List of Scholarships Offered at the University of Alberta For International Students
The University of Alberta offers its students several scholarships. These include:
University of Alberta Graduate Recruitment Scholarship
The main purpose behind this scholarship is to recruit superior graduate students who are more likely to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
Eligibility: This scholarship will be awarded to students who fulfil these requirements.
- The student is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or student on a study permit
- He/She is admitted to a doctoral or thesis-based master’s graduate degree program by the department or transferred from a master’s to a doctoral degree program.
- The candidate needs to be registered full-time in a doctoral degree or thesis-based master’s degree program
- Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 15 November, 2023 for 1 January intake.
University of Alberta Graduate Entrance Scholarship
This scholarship’s objective is to aid newly admitted graduate students who were well-regarded in their department at the time of admission.
- Must be a newly admitted student in one of the above terms in a master’s or doctoral program
- Must have an Admission GPA of 3.7 or higher
Graduate Student Engagement Scholarship
This scholarship has no restrictions on citizenship. It is open to course-based or thesis-based study programs. All fields are eligible for funding.
Killam Trust Scholarships
The University of Alberta awards the Killam Trust Scholarship to international students undertaking postdoctoral research studies.
Alberta Innovates Graduate Scholarships
Alberta Innovates invests in the support of graduate students pursuing full-time, research-based master’s or doctorate degrees at an Alberta university who have excelled academically.
Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship (AGES)
The new Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship honours individuals who are pursuing graduate studies in Alberta and who have demonstrated exceptional academic accomplishment. It was created to encourage the smartest students, especially those from outside, to study in Alberta.
Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship
The Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship, which is supported by the Alberta government, honours students who have shown exceptional leadership, particularly in the field of disabilities, and/or initiative to better the circumstances and lives of others.
Also Read: University of Montreal Scholarships 2024-25
How to Apply?
Follow the below-mentioned instructions to apply for University of Alberta scholarships:
- If you’re interested in applying to a University, the first step is to determine your eligibility.
- Once you’ve confirmed you meet the requirements, you’ll need to find a professor who can provide assistance and guidance throughout the application process.
- Be sure to gather all necessary supporting documents, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- Once you’ve completed your application, the University will review it thoroughly.
- Finally, you’ll receive notification of the results of your application.
- Proof of Citizenship
- Letter of Intent
- Letter of Invitation (Required for both undergraduate and graduate research-based applications)
- Privacy Notice Statement
- Letter of Proof of Full-time Enrolment from the Home Institution
- Memorandum of Understanding or Agreement between the U of A and the Candidate’s Institution
A1. In order to apply for the scholarship, the student will have to make sure that they start with the process in advance. The student should then submit all the necessary documents and submit and finally wait for the final result from the university.
A2. IELTS is no longer required for many nations and academic institutions applying for the Alberta University Scholarships 2023.
A3. The University of Alberta is a top university in Canada and one of the top public research universities worldwide.
We hope this blog provides you with all the relevant information about the University of Alberta scholarships. For more such informative blogs do check out our Study Abroad Scholarship page, and if you have any queries feel free to reach out to Leverage Edu.