If you are preparing for the TOEFL iBT test, you must be going through a lot of study material to learn and practice. Besides the fact that more and more TOEFL preparation is a healthy practice but every aspirant must be aware of the fact that practising material from a non-reliable website might result in wrongful information and ultimately in loss of marks.
Therefore, one must try to practice from the official TOEFL iBT Practice Test and study material from other reliable sources. As ETS has announced changing the duration of the TOEFL Exam also affects the number of questions in each section discover how these practice papers can help you in preparing as per the new guidelines.
|Exam Name||Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)|
|Organising Body||Educational Testing Service (ETS)|
|Type of Test||English Proficiency Test|
|Sections||Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening|
|Exam Fee||US $195 (INR ~16K)|
|Purpose||University Admission and Visa|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Solve the TOEFL iBT Practice Test?
- How to Practice TOEFL Practice Papers With New Guidelines
- TOEFL iBT Practice Test Sample
- Practice Test for TOEFL Writing Section
- TOEFL Practice Questions for the New Writing Task
- Practice Test for TOEFL Reading Section
- Practice Test for TOEFL Speaking Section
- Practice Test for TOEFL Listening Section
Why Solve the TOEFL iBT Practice Test?
You might wonder, why should one solve the Practice Test. The reasons are simple but many and very important. While we all know that practice makes humans perfect, let’s have a look at some other important reasons to practice test papers.
- Gaining Confidence: Practising the questions and understanding the pattern will give students a sense of familiarity with the questions, and their nature and help in developing answering strategies around them. This builds confidence in the student regarding the exam.
- Understanding the difficulty level: How many questions from which sections took more time or were confusing? How many questions had a greater level of difficulty? What types of questions were easy to solve? All these parameters are personal assessments of the student that they can only know after giving the test.
- Time management: Getting an idea of how much time to invest in what tasks will help you in analysing your speed and accuracy of the test. This is an important aspect and the time should be well distributed among the four sections. Otherwise, the student might lose marks in sections they are confident about only due to a lack of attention and time invested.
- Determining the strengths and weaknesses: Practising the test papers will help you understand what sections require more preparation. You need to have a constant check of your strengths and weaknesses to be able to improve your scores.
- Getting familiarized with exam rules and vocabulary: There are several exam instructions that need to be followed but are ignored by students while practising general questions. This puts them in their comfort zones. Practising tests will help them familiarize themselves with the rules and TOEFL vocabulary they need to follow during the exam.
How to Practice TOEFL Practice Papers With New Guidelines
Preparing for the new guidelines means understanding the new guidelines and then solving the sample papers with a transformed approach. Here are a few things to consider for the same.
- Mostly the change has been in the number of tasks and questions to fit within the time duration.
- Students can reduce the tasks in the existing sample papers to accommodate this change and then practice according to the new time duration allotted for TOEFL.
- One must also keep note of the reduction in time duration of individual sections while solving the exam paper.
- The writing section has a major change introduced in it. The independent essay writing task has been changed to the ‘writing for an academic discussion’ task.
- Students will be given a lecture delivered by a professor along with some views of some students on the subject.
- They need to write an essay expressing and supporting their own opinion and views on the discussion along with strong arguments.
- For this task, students can download online lectures and take an excerpt of 400-700 words to practice.
- New practice papers with this type of question will soon be introduced by ETS.
- Here is an example by ETS for what the new writing task should look like: Click Here
TOEFL iBT Practice Test Sample
It is important to work on the right sample questions and practice papers to get the correct idea of the pattern of questions. Here is the ETS-derived TOEFL ibt practice test for the students to go through.
|TOEFL ibt free practice test transcript||Click Here|
|TOEFL ibt paper edition practice test||Listening Transcripts.pdf|
|Writing section (Transcript)||Writing Transcript.pdf|
|Listening Section (Transcript)||Listening Transcripts.pdf|
Practice Test for TOEFL Writing Section
ETS also provides section-wise practice tests for the students to prepare dedicatedly and properly for each section. Here is a sample curated by ETS itself for the TOEFL ibt writing section practice test.
|Writing section practice test||Click Here|
TOEFL Practice Questions for the New Writing Task
Here are some questions that the students can practice to get proficient in the new TOEFL Writing Task.
|Question 1||Click Here|
|Question 2||Click Here|
|Question 3||Click Here|
|Question 4||Click Here|
|Question 5||Click Here|
|Question 6||Click Here|
|Question 7||Click Here|
|Question 8||Click Here|
|Question 9||Click Here|
|Question 10||Click Here|
Practice Test for TOEFL Reading Section
As the reading section is also very crucial to score well, there is a separate practice test compilation made by ETS for the practice of the reading section in TOEFL ibt.
|Reading section practice test||Click Here|
Also Read: TOEFL Syllabus 2023
Practice Test for TOEFL Speaking Section
TOEFL speaking section is designed to test the verbal communication skills of the student in the English language. Here is a compiled practice test set for the TOEFL ibt speaking section.
|Speaking section practice test||Click Here|
Practice Test for TOEFL Listening Section
The listening section has some really crucial practice points to consider. One can practice through transcripts or audio files for preparation. Here are the samples for the listening section of the practice test.
|Listening section practice test (Transcript)||Click Here|
|Listening practice sets||listening_practice_sets.pdf|
|Audio file 1||Click Here|
|Audio File 2||Click Here|
|Audio File 3||Click Here|
|Audio File 4||Click Here|
|Audio File 5||Click Here|
|Audio File 6||Click Here|
|Audio File 7||Click Here|
|Audio File 8||Click Here|
|Audio File 9||Click Here|
|Audio File 10||Click Here|
|Audio File 11||Click Here|
|Audio File 12||Click Here|
|Audio File 13||Click Here|
|Audio File 14||Click Here|
|Audio File 15||Click Here|
|Audio File 16||Click Here|
TOEFL can seem very difficult to clear for those who have not prepared for any such exams before. With proper and timely preparation for the TOEFL ibt test, good scores can be obtained with a lot less difficulty.
There are four steps to prepare efficiently and effectively for the TOEFL ibt test in lesser time. First is self-preparation: familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and questions. Nextly, go for short courses and coachings to clear the test. Moreover, one should also learn through preparation guides and books and lastly, one should never forget to prepare through TOEFL ibt Practice Test.
It is good to practice the TOEFL ibt practice test because of the following reasons: 1. Gaining Confidence, 2. Understanding the difficulty level, 3. Time management, 4. Determining the strengths and weaknesses, 5. Getting familiarized with exam rules and vocabulary.
Candidates who want to prepare for TOEFL or any other language proficiency test, can Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers and strengthen your English score as well as your application so that you can secure your spot in your dream college.
Fulfil your dreams of studying abroad with Leverage Edu, to get a free counselling session, reach us at 1800572130.