Study Abroad: 5 Countries Where You Can Work As International Student

2 minute read
Study Abroad: In These 5 Countries Where Interational Students Can Work While Studying

Gaining an education from abroad is quite common among international students. While studying abroad international students not only study but they gain work experience through internships or apprentice programs. This basic level of work experience makes international students skilled and this trains them for work. Here is the list of 5 countries where international students can work while they study.

Study Abroad: In These 5 Countries Where Interational Students Can Work While Studying

United States of America

To study in the United States, international students need an F-1 Visa. In USA, international students can work for 20 hours per week while they’re on their academic term and can work also for 40 hours per week during semester breaks. These jobs are on-campus types. Though the F-1 Visa doesn’t allow off-campus work, international students may apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) after their one-year study.


France is among the best countries to study abroad. France usually offers international students scholarships to cover expenses. Moreover, France has no restrictions on work opportunities for international students. International students are permitted to work while they study. International students can work for 964 hours per year which is 19 hours per week. Global students from outside the EU may require a student resident permit. Nonetheless, students who are from other countries can work and don’t need these permits.


Canada offers advanced courses to international students. International students can here for work part-time during studies, which is up to 20 hours per week, and full-time during scheduled breaks. Moreover, Canada gives Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP), which permits graduates to get an open work permit after their studies. This open work permit authorizes international students to for any employer.


Germany is the most vibrant study-abroad destination for international students. Students who are from EU/EEA countries work for up to 20 hours per week during their semester program. Additionally, no restrictions are here on how much they can work and earn while on semester breaks. Non-EU students work for 120 full days or 240 half days without needing any consent from the Federal Employment Agency (BA). nevertheless, any self-employment activity needs approval from the Foreigners’ Authority. This will ensure that your work doesn’t hinder your academic progress.


Australia is among the leading study-abroad destinations for international students. If an international student holds a student visa and pursuing a college course, He/she and family members that too on the same visa can work while studying. International students work up to 20 hours per week while pursuing courses or full-time during breaks. PG research students can work full-time. These rules apply to both students and their family members.

If you want to read more such exciting information, make sure you follow Leverage Edu News Updates. 

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *