The ETS TOEFL and the National Indian Students and Alumni Union (NISAU) have announced scholarships for Indian students. The scholarships are a part of the ETS, India, and India-UK ties celebrations. The TOEFL scholarships are meant to support and recognize applicants who wish to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the UK.
As a part of the scholarship scheme, a total of 25 scholarships are available to Indian students. Moreover, the beneficiaries will win a grant of up to INR 2.4 lakhs. The amount covers the college expenses such as housing expenses, tuition fees book expenses, and transportation expenses, among others. UK University and NISAU panel of representatives would select the beneficiaries. The deadline for the scholarship application is 31st October 2023.
UK India TOEFL Scholarships Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the UK-India TOEFL scholarships are as follows:
- The student must secure a TOEFL score of 75 out of 120
- Additionally, the applicant must have received an offer letter from a UK university
- Moreover, the applicant must demonstrate that they are a genuine applicant, and are enrolling for the first time in a UK university
UK India TOEFL Scholarship Roles & Responsibilities
The UK India TOEFL NISAU scholarship grants the beneficiaries an amount of INR 2. 4 lakhs. Moreover, the students are required to act as TOEFL ambassadors for the duration of their studies. Some of their roles and responsibilities as UK India TOEFL Scholarship beneficiaries are as follows:
- Representing TOEFL as a student ambassador at specific events
- Participating in international student and advisor events
- Additionally, they have to contribute to marketing and promotional materials. For example, contributing to creating a blog or vlog to share your experience of the TOEFL test which can inspire other test takers across India
- Moreover, the beneficiaries must be willing to engage with the TOEFL program as a valued member of their global alumni
Interested students can apply for the UK India TOEFL Scholarship by submitting the TOEFL test score report, an essay on ‘Creating a social impact with a UK-based Education’, and by listing their personal and academic achievements. The UK India TOEFL Scholarship application form is available on the official website of the TOEFL test.