The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE) is inviting applications from international students to study in Mexico. The Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners 2023 can be applied by international students at all levels. That is, undergraduate, postgraduate research, and doctorate programs. Consequently, international students from more than 180 countries can apply for the scholarship.
Approximately 80 Mexican Higher Education Institutions (IES) would be participating in the call. Additionally, these universities have all academic programs registered with the National Postgraduate System of the National Council of Science and Technology.
Mexican Government Scholarship for Excellence Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the Mexican Government Scholarship for Excellence are as follows:
- The student must hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD as required by the university program
- The scholarship program does not accept technical or commercial degree titles.
- Additionally, the student must have secured a minimum GPA of 80 on a scale of 0 to 100
- The scholarship program does not consider students who are staying in Mexico at the time of application.
Mexican Government Scholarship for Excellence Benefits
The benefits of the Mexican Government Scholarship 2023 are as follows:
- Students will be granted a monthly stipend of $12,614.80 as a Master’s scholarship.
- The doctoral scholarship and research stay stipend is equivalent to $15,768.50.
- Additionally, medical insurance through the Mexican Social Security Institute would be granted
- Moreover the scholarship also covers the visa fees, and international air fight transportation charges
- The scholarship program will provide students living outside Mexico City with transportation fees from their location to Mexico City and vice versa.
- However, enrollment and tuition is the decision of the respective institute
By granting the scholarship Mexico is strengthening its role as an actor with global responsibility. Moreover, the country is endorsing its commitment to develop cooperation actions to promote the formation of high levels of human capital. Additionally, international students in Mexico would foster the foreign policy goals of the country.