The Pearson Test of English is conducted to check the English proficiency of students who are willing to study abroad. It not only checks their level of English knowledge but also assesses their English Speaking skills. There are in total three sections in the PTE Examination, PTE Reading, PTE Listening and PTE Speaking & Writing. A high PTE score will ensure candidates are eligible to represent their ideas and work dedicatedly to gain international exposure. Basically, individuals must be able to function effortlessly on an international front with foreign audiences.
Candidates who want to excel in their PTE Examination must be aware of the overall syllabus. Today we will discover the PTE Speaking & Writing syllabus and what type of questions the section will entail. Here is the detailed information for the PTE Speaking and Writing section.
This Blog Includes:
PTE Speaking and Writing Section
As we know, this section test’s the student’s ability of their major two skills, spoken and written. The PTE syllabus for Speaking Section and Writing section are mentioned below. Students will get 54 to 67 minutes to complete this section. Interested candidates must go through the syllabus to get detailed information about the questions that will be asked.
Speaking Tasks Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for the Speaking Part of the PTE Examination. Read the points mentioned below carefully.
- The first part has a Read Aloud Task, a short text will appear on the screen in front of students and they will get about 40 seconds to record their answers.
- The second part is the Repeat Sentence Task. Students need to record their answers and they will get about 15 seconds. Students will get to hear the sentence only once. After hearing they can deliver their answer.
- The third part is known as Describe Image Task, an image will be presented on the screen, the image can be a graph, picture, map, chart or table. Students will get 25 seconds to submit their responses. Describe the image in as much detail as you can without making any grammar mistakes. Use easy words to describe the picture.
- The next part is a Re-tell lecture, students will get a relatable image to understand the things that they will hear in the next recording in their headphones. Summarise the text in your words after the microphone turns red. Candidates will get 40 seconds for answering.
- The last part is the Answer Short Question Task, students will get a question to answer, and they have to give an answer immediately after the recording is finished.
Writing Tasks Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for the Writing Section of the PTE Examination. Students are advised to read carefully.
- The first part is Summarize Written Text Task, students will be given a short reading passage, and they have to answer it in their own words not more than 75 words. Basically, a summary of the passage presented on the screen. Students will get 10 minutes in total to complete the task.
- The second task is to write an essay. Students will be given a statement and they need to represent their opinions on the same, how much they agree or disagree with the statement. Students have to write their own observations or experiences and they will be given 20 minutes to complete the essay in just 200 words, not more than that.
PTE is known as the Pearson Test of English. It is conducted for the students to check their English Proficiency skills. Students willing to study abroad must take the test.
There are 3 sections in total in the PTE Examination. They are known as PTE Reading, PTE Listening and PTE Speaking and Writing.
The PTE Examination has various centres all around the country. You can choose the centre, date and time according to your preference.
We hope the following information will help you understand the whole Speaking and Writing Section syllabus-wise of PTE Examination. English language certifications are instrumental in securing admission to leading universities with high scores increasing your chances of admission. Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers to get closer to a spot in your dream college. For any help with your PTE preparation or study abroad journey, you can reach out to us at 1800572130.