The PTE exam is an English proficiency examination that is approved by over 3000 institutions and colleges in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. PTE stands for ‘Pearson Test of English’ and is divided into four primary exams. PTE exam registration can be done by making an account, filling out the profile, selecting the PTE exam day and centre, and lastly paying the PTE test registration fees on the official website. PTE scorecards are good for two years. Candidates must complete 53-74 questions in 3 hours. The PTE results are available 48 hours after the exam.
|Exam name||Pearson Test of English|
|Conducting Body||Pearson PLC Group|
|known as||English language proficiency test|
|Accepted in||Universities in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand|
|Types of exam||PTE Academic|
|Contact||00080 0440 2020|
This Blog Includes:
Pearson- the PTE AcademicTM, the PTE Academic’s conducting organisation, does not provide any precise PTE Academic 2023 eligibility criteria. However, PTE Academic 2023 candidates must be at least 16 years old when appearing for the PTE exam, according to the standard eligibility criteria. Students under the age of 18 must provide proof of parental approval to take the exam. Since there are no explicit qualifying criteria for PTE Academic 2023, persons who intend to take the exam should also verify the eligibility criteria of the institutes to which they intend to apply. The PTE Academic exam score alone will not get you into your selected university.
The application form is available on the official website. Candidates may apply for the PTE exam online, where they must first register, fill out the application form, and then pay to take the exam. To avoid mistakes in their application, candidates must follow the step-by-step instruction mentioned below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website www.pearsonpte.com and select the test they want to appear for.
- To proceed to the next step, candidates must agree to the PTE Terms and Conditions.
- Candidates must pick their desired PTE Test Centre, availability day, and time for their PTE Academic test.
- They would be sent to a confirmation page with their PTE exam type, PTE appointment details (Test Centre, Date & Time of the exam), and PTE fee.
- In the last step, they will be required to pay the application fees in online mode for the PTE exam after they are satisfied with their PTE appointment information.
The PTE registration fee has been reduced to INR 14,700 inclusive of taxes, and applicants may pay using any of the available payment methods.
PTE exam registration fees can be paid with MasterCard, American Express, and JCB credit cards, as well as Visa debit cards. The confirmation email will be sent to the registered email ID 48 hours after payment, along with the selected day, time, and location of the exam. Candidates may obtain a hard copy of their acknowledgement receipt.
Also Read: Minimum PTE Scores Required for UK Universities
Australia PR Visa
Before we begin with the PTE exam pattern for Australian PR, let us first discuss the acceptable exam format for Australian visas. Australian PR may be divided into three categories:
- Family-based PR visa– Parents, partners, children, or dependant relatives of a permanent Australian resident are eligible for a family-based PR visa. It also covers children who have been adopted or are in the process of being adopted. Caregivers are also included in this, as are those who are needed to relocate to Australia to care for an authorised relative. When applying as a partner, the spouse’s PTE score for Australia should be prioritised.
- Skill or work-based PR visa: This is only for applicants who work in Australian firms, have Australian employers, or work in companies that follow Australian norms and regulations.
- Business or investor-stream PR visa
PTE Exam Pattern for Australia PR
The PTE Exam format for Australian PR is divided into three sections: speaking and writing, reading, and listening. PTE Academic is the only kind of exam approved by the Australian government for Australian visas. PTE for Australia PR has tight guidelines and scores that students who take the test must meet. Candidates must be thoroughly familiar with the PTE exam structure for Australian PR.
PTE for Australia PR includes an exam pattern that is entirely focused on PTE Academic. It is divided into three sections, which are as follows:
Part 1 (Speaking and Writing)
In this portion, you will be asked to read personal information, read aloud, repeat a sentence, describe a picture, and retell a lecture. It also includes answering brief questions, summarising the book, and writing an essay.
Part 2 (Reading)
Fill in the gaps, reading and writing, multiple choice questions, rearranging paragraphs, reading for filling in the blanks, multiple choice with single answers.
Part 3 (Listening)
It consists of summarising spoken text, filling in gaps, multiple choice-choosing more than 1 answer, identifying accurate summary, multiple choice-single answers, picking missing words, identifying erroneous words, and writing from dictation.
PTE Scores Required for Australia PR
To get Australian permanent residency, especially for certain skilled-stream visas, the scores must be high. There are many levels of language proficiency, and the candidate must meet them depending on the visa they are asking for:
Functional English: If applying for this, the candidate must have followed the PTE score validity for Australia and taken the PTE test within the past 12 months.
Vocational English: If applying for this, the individual must have a valid PTE score obtained within three years of applying for the visa.
Competent English: For visas 186, 187, 188, 190, 489, 491, and 494, passing the competent English exam is required. Candidates must take the competent English level within three years of applying for the visa.
Superior English: likewise for this, the candidate must take the PTE exam within three years of applying.
|English proficiency level||Component||Score|
Also Read: PTE Speaking: Components and Preparation Tips
How to Increase Australia’s PR Score
- Obtain a nomination from a state or territory;
- Take an English exam.
- Concentrate on your professional years; concentrate on your partner’s qualifications;
- Obtain job experience in Australia
- Make yourself a certified translator
Books for Preparation
- PTE Academic by Macmillan
- The Official Guide to PTE Academic
- Practice Test Plus: with CD-Rom
- Pearson Test of English Young Learners 2011
The PTE exam is conducted by Pearson PLC Group.
Candidates need the following documents on the PTE exam day
PTE admit card
Candidates can apply at https://www.pearsonpte.com/pte-academic for PTE 2023.
For more updates on such topics, keep an eye on the official website of Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information.