Every year, the PTE EXAM or Pearson Language Test (Academic) is administered to assess an applicant’s overall proficiency in the English language. The exam’s foremost goal is to assess candidates’ English speaking, reading, writing, and listening abilities. Participating in the aforementioned examination can help to hone one’s English language skills and prepare one for an international environment. This exam is acknowledged by academic institutions all over the world. In this blog, we shall be discussing why students should choose the PTE Exam.
|Full Exam Name||Pearson Test of English Academic|
|Short Exam Name||PTE Academic|
|Conducting Body||Pearson PLC Group|
|Language of the Exam||English|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose the PTE Exam?
- PTE Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- PTE Exam 2023 Application Process
- PTE Exam 2023 Syllabus
- PTE Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
Why Choose the PTE Exam?
Students who want to study or relocate to a predominantly English-speaking country must take the PTE academic exam. This computer-based test is taken by students to demonstrate their command of the English language. Students are encouraged to take the exam because it can serve as a testament to their English-speaking competency and can help students in assuring the admission committee/visa officers of the applicant’s calibre in terms of English language proficiency. Not only that, securing decent scores in the PTE exam hints that the applicant will be able to represent their ideas and express themselves in front of an international audience.
Further, not being fluent in the English language can be a major detriment to students who aspire to study or relocate abroad. However, this does not mean one can’t hone their English speaking, writing and reading skills at all. That’s why it is imperative for candidates prospecting to study abroad to prepare for the PTE exam as partaking in the said exam can also serve as a testament to the applicants’ English-speaking competency, and can help students reassure the admission committee/ visa officers about the applicant’s proficiency in the English Language.
In addition to the above, here are a few more advantages of taking the PTE Exam:
- Accepted globally across different countries and continents such as Europe, USA, Asia and Australia.
- The results are quicker with a reduced waiting time.
- Since the test is machine-based, there is less scope for human error.
- It acts as a preparation for studying abroad.
PTE Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Conducting authorities prescribe a set eligibility criteria for any exam to test an applicant’s capabilities and qualifications. The PTE exam, just like others, has its own set of eligibility criteria.
The only criterion needed to be fulfilled by candidates for the PTE exam is age. Interested candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age. However, candidates below the age of 18
are required to submit proof of parental consent to be eligible for the exam.
Must Read: PTE Registration Process
PTE Exam 2023 Application Process
Candidates preparing for the PTE Academic exam (2023) are required to register their application forms online and pay the requisite application fee. It is mandatory for candidates applying for the said exam to register their Pearson VUE accounts before applying for the exam. The application process is noted below:
- Candidates are required to visit the official PTE website to register their Pearson VUE accounts. They can do so by clicking on the ‘register now’ link.
- Once registered, the candidate will receive the login credentials in their email within 24 hours. This will let candidates access their Pearson VUE accounts.
- After logging into their accounts, applicants can schedule their tests accordingly. Once logged in, applicants will be able to choose their preferred test dates and centres.
- Thereafter, candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee online (via credit card/net banking).
PTE Exam 2023 Syllabus
In order to ace any given examination, it is imperative for applicants to get acquainted with the latest syllabus. Keeping abreast of the ins and outs of a syllabus can help candidates create a feasible blueprint to adhere to and prepare themselves for their examination. The PTE 2023 exam encompasses topics that are meant to gauge the proficiency of candidates in the English Language. The PTE exam is fractionated into three major sections, i.e., Speaking and Writing’, ‘Reading’ and ‘Listening’. The following data will help you comprehend the unit-wise demarcation of topics included in the PTE syllabus.
Speaking and Writing Section Syllabus
- Personal introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
Reading Section Syllabus
- Multiple-choice, choose single answer
- Multiple-choice, choose multiple answers
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple-choice, choose multiple answers
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation
- Fill in the blanks
PTE Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
The PTE examination may seem daunting at first, but with a prior comprehension of the relevant subjects and well-strategized preparation, one can easily ace the exam. Candidates who wish to appear for the said exam can refer to the following points:
Writing Section Tips
- Candidates can practice writing essays (long/short format) daily to improve their writing skills. Creating time constraints while practising is a good way to ace the accuracy and timing while writing.
- One must practice writing within a set word limit and try not to go over it.
Speaking Section Tips
- Practice pronouncing words clearly in front of a mirror. This will reduce hesitation while dictating certain words.
- Avoid speaking sentences hastily.
Reading Section Tips
- Set time constraints for reading exercises.
- Make a habit of re-reading the questions before attempting them. This will prevent silly mistakes.
Listening Section Tips
- Listen to audio-based questions in a time-constrained environment.
- It is imperative for one to maintain his/her composure while listening to the audio.
- Make a habit of creating notes while listening to the audio files. This will avoid confusion while answering.
PTE is accepted by over 3000 institutions worldwide, including Australia, UK and New Zealand.
The PTE exam is for a total of 2 hours. The 10 minutes break has been eliminated as per the recent updates.
The PTE scores are valid for a period of 2 years.
English language certifications are instrumental in securing admission to leading universities with high scores increasing your chances of admission. Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers to get closer to a spot in your dream college. For any help with your PTE preparation or study abroad journey, you can reach out to us at 1800-572-000.