Portugal Visa for Indians: Portugal, one of Europe’s oldest countries, has a rich history. This country, known for its natural and cultural beauty, is indeed the birthplace of famous explorers such as Vasco de Gama and Ferdinand Magellan. The Portugal visa allows you to visit the country for any reason, such as travel, job, business, or family. Before you begin, you need to understand the different types of Portugal visas so that you may select the best visa for your needs.
If you are willing to know more about Portugal Visa for Indian students, types, eligibility requirements, documents required, and much more, then continue reading!
This Blog Includes:
- Who Needs a Portugal Visa?
- Fee for Portugal Tourist Visa
- How Long is a Tourist Visa for Portugal valid?
- Types of Portugal Visas
- Eligibility Criteria for Portugal Visa for Indians
- Documents Required for a Portugal Visa
- How to Apply for a Portugal Visa for Indians
- Portugal Visa Status
- Portugal Visa Processing Time
Who Needs a Portugal Visa?
You do not require a Portugal tourist visa if you are from one of the nations that has a visa-free policy with Portugal. Travel to Portugal and the other Schengen States is free for citizens of the United Sates of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brazil, the UAE, and many other nations for up to 90 days without a visa. Only those who require a Schengen Visa are required to have a visa in order to travel to Portugal.
Also Reads: What is a Student Visa and How to Apply?
Fee for Portugal Tourist Visa
The fees for a Portugal Schengen/Tourist Visa are mentioned below for your reference:
- For adults and children over 12: €80
- For children between 6 and 12: €40
- For children under 6: Free of charge
- For citizens of Azerbaijan and Russia (adults and children over 12): €35
Also Read: Post Study Work Visa in UK
How Long is a Tourist Visa for Portugal valid?
The Portuguese Embassy will determine the validity of the visa, which can be provided for a maximum of three months. A tourist visa may occasionally be issued simply for a short period of time or for the entire planned length of your stay. For instance, they could only grant you a visa for the period during which you have a hotel reservation.
Keep in mind that while using the six-month period, the total number of days you spend in Portugal and the entire Schengen Area cannot exceed 90.
Types of Portugal Visas
The Portugal visas for Indians is classified into the categories given below based on the purpose of the trip as well as the duration of stay.
Airport Transit – This type of permission is granted to travelers who would pass through Portugal.
Short-term Visas, often referred to as the Portuguese Schengen visa, allow for a stay of a maximum of 90 days within a period of 180 days. Depending on the cause for the visit, these can be further subdivided into the following categories: –
- Tourists – This type of permit is provided to people who are visiting the nation primarily to participate in tourism-related activities.
- Business – This permits you to go to Portuguese to attend business events such as seminars and meetings.
- Friends/Family Visit – This visa is granted to tourists who have been invited to visit relatives or friends who live in the country.
Long Term – Also known as a Portugal visa for Indian students, this form of visa is valid during stays of up to over 365 days and can be issued for stays of up to 90 days. Depending on the objective, these might also be classified as:
Work – This is granted to anyone going to Portugal for work purposes. This is awarded to travellers who are engaging in studies which will last more than 90 days in Portugal.
You are already aware of the many types of visas for which you can apply. You may be wondering if you are qualified for a visa at this point.
Eligibility Criteria for Portugal Visa for Indians
Before you begin the application for the Portuguese visa for Indians, you must ensure that you are eligible. Following that, you must obtain the necessary visa documentation.
- Indian nationals with valid passports can apply for a visa to Portugal.
- If you wish to travel in Portugal for vacation, a visit from friends or relatives or for business, you can obtain a visa with Visa Lounge. If you are searching for work in Portugal, you cannot register through the Visa Lounge.
- Travel insurance is required for passengers traveling to Portugal. Visa Lounge also offers travel insurance to passengers.
Keeping the paperwork close at hand is now one of the most important aspects of applying for visas. In this section, I’ll go over the documentation you’ll need to submit a visa application.
Documents Required for a Portugal Visa
The following documents are required to apply for just a Portuguese visa for Indians. In addition to this, you will be required to produce documentation specific to the visas you are applying for. To confirm, go to the official website.
A Valid Passport with a Minimum of Two Blank Pages.
- It must be no more than ten years old.
- It needs to be valid for a minimum of six months following the departure date.
A Cover Letter that Includes the Applicant’s Information is Required.
- The source of funds must be completely transparent.
- The purpose and length of the visit must be clearly stated.
- It must be written to the Portuguese Consulate or Embassy and signed by the applicant.
Flight reservation for a circular trip
- Hotel reservations, invites to stay, lease bookings, and other forms of lodging documentation
- Travel medical coverage with a 30,000 euro minimum coverage limit
- Proof of employment: a letter of recruitment, proof of a business permit, and so on.
- Bank documents include banking information from the past three months, a photocopy of your checkbook, an ITR, and so on.
The Portuguese visa application procedure from India may be difficult for a beginner candidate. Here is a step-by-step approach to applying for a Portuguese visa for Indians.
How to Apply for a Portugal Visa for Indians
To apply for a Portugal visa for Indians, proceed by submitting the registration as follows: –
- Download your visa application from the Portuguese embassy’s website.
- Complete and accurately fill out all the Portugal visa applications.
- Continue to make an appointment with one of the VACs located around India. You can accomplish this by visiting their website.
- To the appointment center, bring the application form, appointment confirmation, and supporting papers. You must pay a fee and provide your biometric information.
Portugal Visa Status
After you’ve applied for a visa, you can check the status of your application by visiting the Portuguese embassy’s online portal. Enter the information you received when you applied to find out the status of the Portugal visa application. Only if you filed it at a VAC by inputting your reference number & birthdate on this page would you receive the status.
Portugal Visa Processing Time
The type of the permit, the term of the visa, the number of requests received by the embassies, and your previous travel experience all have an impact on how quickly the application is handled. Normally, it takes about 15 days of work to process your application. It is recommended that you submit for the visa in advance because the process might sometimes take much longer. You can employ an agent to help you obtain your visa on schedule. We are a reputed agent for Indians seeking a visa to Portugal.
Also Read: Sweden Student Visa
When applying for a Portugal visa for Indians, you are having the option of appealing to the Portuguese government if your application is denied.
Yes. A Schengen visa allows you to travel throughout the countries that have ratified the agreement.
Yes. So although they are not located on the European continent, they are part of the Schengen Area.
Are you planning to visit Portugal and specially to study but not sure where to start? Get in touch with Leverage Edu experts to kickstart your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800572000 to book your free session today.