Philippines is one of the nations with an excellent educational setting for international students. It’s interesting to note that 50% of the international student population is made up of Indian students. MBBS in Philippines for international students has emerged as one of the top choices. Compared to foreign courses, the application process for MBBS is rather simple. The NEET score can be used to gain admission. You have found the ideal blog if you want to start a new path by studying abroad in the Philippines and want to pursue MBBS. Read on to learn more about MBBS in Philippines for international students.
|Name of the Course||MBBS|
|Last Date to Apply||December 2023|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% in PCB
Passing Marks in NEET
|Course Duration||5+1 Years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|English Proficiency Test Requirements||IELTS
|Medical Tests Required||NMAT|
|Average Tuition Fee||INR 6.00 Lakh – INR 25 Lakh|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBBS in the Philippines?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process Study MBBS in the Philippines
- Documents Required to Study MBBS in Philippines for International Students
- Top Universities for MBBS in Philippines for International Students
- Cost of Study and Living to Study MBBS in Philippines
- Scholarships for Studying MBBS in Philippines for International Students
- Career Prospects and Salary
Why Study MBBS in the Philippines?
Every year, hundreds of medical profession aspirants from around the world come to the Philippines to pursue an MD or MBBS degree. The affordable tuition and top-notch educational environment are the main factors in this location’s popularity. These universities also grant degrees that are respected all around the world.
Let’s look at some of the other factors that make this destination a most likeable place to study MBBS in Philippines for international students.
- Low tuition fees and a reasonable cost of living make studying for an MBBS in the Philippines more accessible for Indian students without sacrificing the standard of instruction.
- The Philippines’ medical universities are accredited by the WHO (World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India). As a result, students who earned their medical degrees in the Philippines will be qualified to take the MCI and USMLE exams in order to practice medicine at reputable hospitals in India and the USA.
- Medical schools place a strong focus on hands-on learning, giving students opportunities to examine, diagnose, and prescribe cases. This boosts their confidence and knowledge.
- Filipinos speak English as their primary language. There is no language barrier that might exist, making it simple to communicate with people and move around the campus in the Philippines.
Now that you have a good enough understanding of the advantages of studying MBBS in Philippines for international students, let’s look at the general requirements for admission to Philippine universities.
- The applicant must be 17 years of age or older on December 31 of the admissions year.
- For the general category, the applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% overall in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) in order to be considered.
- For SC/ST and OBC category applicants, a minimum of 40% overall in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) must be obtained in the 10+2 year.
- If a candidate wants to practice their profession in India, they must pass the NEET exam in order to be admitted.
Must Read: MBBS in Qatar
Admission Process Study MBBS in the Philippines
- Fill out the online application form.
- Along with your application, including scanned copies of your passport and other important documents.
- Obtain the university’s letter of admission.
- Once the candidate has received confirmation of her admission, the immigration process will start.
- Students must go to the Philippine Embassy in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, or Kolkata after getting the invitation letter from the university, depending on their jurisdiction.
- To apply for a visa, the documents of the candidate will be examined and verified.
Documents Required to Study MBBS in Philippines for International Students
Here’s the list of documents required in order to take admitted to MBBS in the Philippines.
- All academic transcripts and mark sheets
- Passport size photograph
- Medical Health Certificate
- Original Notice of Acceptance (NOA)
- CEA (Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
- Visa Fee
Top Universities for MBBS in Philippines for International Students
Here’s the list of some popular universities to Study MBBS in Philippines:
|Name of the University||Estimated Total Fee|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||INR 14 Lakh|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||INR 23 Lakh|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila||INR 22 Lakh|
|University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, Las Piñas Campus||INR 22.5 Lakh|
|Lyceum-Northwestern University, Dagupan City||INR 13 Lakh|
Cost of Study and Living to Study MBBS in Philippines
One of the cheapest places to take an MBBS course is the Philippines. It not only offers top-notch training in the field, but it’s also a sensible choice for individuals looking for affordable international exposure.
The average cost of an MBBS in Philippines for international students is broken down into two categories: one for the BS degree and one for the MD programme. Therefore, Indian students must deposit their funds in two portions. In the Philippines, the cost of a medical college education can range from INR 12 lakh to INR 25 lakh, while the cost of a BS course might be anywhere from INR 3.5 lakh to INR 7 lakh or more.
Living expenses in the Philippines are comparable to those in India. The vast majority of the lodging and cuisine are also equivalent to only India. All students should budget between INR 10,000 and INR 15,000 per month for living expenses.
Scholarships for Studying MBBS in Philippines for International Students
|Name of the Scholarship||Offered By||Benefits|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||Jared Jeffrey Davis||Up to USD 1000
|QS Undergraduate Scholarship||QS||USD 5000
INR 4.11 Lakh
|The NextGen Scholarship||Next Genius Partner Colleges||Varies|
|Benjamin Gordon Cambridge Capital Grant||Benjamin Gordon||USD 1000
Career Prospects and Salary
Mbbs in Philippines for international students comes with many ranges of lucrative possibilities;
- The internship, which is a required component of the course, prepares the students for on-the-job training in hospitals under qualified supervision. This enables you to diversify into several areas of the medical industry.
- For more proficiency, students can choose to enrol in a post-graduate programme.
- Students have the option of entering clinical research or starting their own clinical practices.
- A master’s degree in public health, administration, or health services is also available in the Philippines.
- All MD graduates from the Philippines are eligible to practice medicine in the United States after passing the USMLE.
- Indian students who pass the MCI screening exam are allowed to return home and practice there.
- In the Philippines, a Doctor or Physician typically makes roughly PHP 105,000 (INR 16.02 Lakh) each month. The lowest average salary is PHP 38,500 (INR 58761), and the highest salary is PHP 177,000 (INR 27.01 Lakh, the highest average).
Must Read: MBBS in South Korea for Indian Students
Ans. They ought to be at least 17 years old. They shouldn’t be older than 25 years old.
Ans. In the Philippines, the annual minimum course fee is 2 lakh Philippines Pesos. This translates to approximately 3 lakhs Indian National Rupees.
Ans. No, students cannot pursue MBBS in the Philippines without passing the NEET exam. Admission to any Philippine university’s MBBS programme requires passing the NEET exam.
One of the most sought-after courses is MBBS. It is not only one of the most honourable professions, but it is also well-respected all over the world. Studying MBBS at your dream university needs extensive paperwork and careful planning. Get in touch with our team of experts at Leverage Edu to see your admissions skyrocket.