The application numbers for the MBA in Canada are a lot higher as compared with the MBA application numbers in the USA, Australia and the UK. One of the main reasons for the increase in the MBA application numbers in Canada is that some of the universities accept applications without the requirement of work experience. The prerequisite of work experience hinders the application of students who are freshly undergraduate and do not have work experience. Therefore, international students without work experience prefer MBA in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA in Canada Without Work Experience?
The MBA degree offered by Canada is globally recognized and is more affordable than studying in the USA, Australia and the UK. Since the education quality in Canada meets global standards students are able to get jobs easily in the competitive job market.
One of the main reasons why students are inclined to pursue an MBA in Canada is that there are reputed B-schools in Canada that offer MBA degrees without the prerequisite of GMAT and work experience.
Must Read: Low-Cost MBA in Canada
While graduation, the GMAT, and English proficiency exams like the IELTS or TOEFL are the primary requirements for applying to MBA in Canada without work experience, there are many more factors that will be taken into consideration when evaluating your application like intellectual aptitude, interpersonal skills, leadership qualities and personality.
The admission process for an MBA can be quite a herculean task but consistently working towards it and taking one step at a time can help you achieve your dream.
Must Read: STEM MBA: Best Universities Abroad, Eligibility and More
Application Process for MBA in Canada Without Work Experience
Following are the general steps of the application process to apply for an MBA in Canada without work experience-
1) Preparing a list of universities you are interested in and going through the curriculum in detail.
2) Communicating with the universities you have shortlisted and resolving all the queries by asking questions via calls and email.
3) Go through the entire application process and prerequisites of the universities stated by them on their official website.
4) Preparing in advance for standardized tests like IELTS/TOEFL/PTE and other exams like GMAT/GRE/SAT/ACT.
5) Preparing essays (SOP) for applications and other documents like resumes and LOR.
6) Fill out the application form and pay the fee for the same.
7) At this point you need to wait for an acceptance letter. Some universities revert to the students quickly after receiving the documents while some may take time.
8) Once you receive the acceptance letter you have to pay the university fees. It is generally advised to students to pay fees as quickly as possible to avoid any last-minute rush.
Following is the list of general documents that you would be required to study MBA in Canada:
- Marksheets/academic transcripts from your previous educational institutions
- Scores of English proficiency tests- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE etc.
- Scores of GMAT/GRE are required for MBA.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LORs)
- Other admission essays as required by the university. For example, many universities ask for video essays.
- One page (concise) Resume/CV
Top Universities Offering MBA in Canada Without Work Experience
The following table represents the universities offering MBAs in Canada without working experience. And their tuition fees.
|University Name||Tuition fees|
|Thompson Rivers University||$48,065 CAD (INR 29,81,000)|
|Goodman School of Business, Brock University||INR 23,52,000|
|Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie university||$36,610 – $50,809 CAD (INR 22,73,000-31,55,000)|
|Vancouver Island University||INR 31 Lakh|
|York University||INR 17.21 Lakh|
|Queen’s University||INR 63 Lakh|
|University of Windsor||INR 19.95 Lakh|
|University of Toronto||$138,441 CAD (INR 85,86,000)|
|Cape Breton University||$14,800 CAD (INR 9,18,000)|
|The Sprott School of Business, Carleton University||$60,000 CAD (INR 37,15,000)|
Scholarships to Study MBA in Canada
There are many scholarships that help you study MBA in Canada. The table below shows the name of the scholarships and the expenses covered by them.
|Scholarship Name||Amount Awarded|
|Ivey MBA Scholarships||The awards range from CAD 10,000 (INR 599247) to half-tuition fees.|
|Claude Winspear MBA Award||CAD 10,000 (INR 599247)|
|Michael Lang MBA Award||CAD 10,000 (INR 599247)|
|AIMCo MBA Award||CAD 10,000 (INR 599247)|
|Accelerated Career Scholarship||CAD 5,000 – CAD 10,000 ( INR 2,99,623 – 5,99,247)|
|Global Business Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship||CAD 40,000 (INR 23,96,990)|
|Rotman Entrance Awards and Fellowships||A total of five women in business excellence awards (CAD 10,000 (INR 5,99,247)); Two mornings MBA excellence awards (CAD 20,000 (INR 1198495))|
|MGA/MBA Awards||CAD 30,000 (INR 17,97,742)|
Must Read: MBA Engineering Management
Ans. Famous B-schools like Queen’s University, York University, Windsor University etc. accept intake who don’t have prior work experience. There are many other prerequisites to pursuing MBA in Canada. So, the answer to this question is yes, you can pursue MBA in Canada without work experience.
Ans. To pursue MBA in top B-schools in Canada you would be requiring work experience of 2-3 years. Although there are many B-schools in Canada that intake students without work experience.
Ans. Some of the universities in Canada that accept applications from students without the prerequisite of GMAT and work experience are Thompson Rivers University, Cape Breton University, Brock University, Vancouver Island University etc.
Ans. According to talent.com the average salary of MBA graduates in Canada is approximately $63,853 annually or $32.75 per hour. A fresh MBA graduate person in Canada earns approximately $51,946 per annum, while people with experience earn up to $87,610 per year.
Are you planning to study abroad? Leverage Edu is a one-stop solution to help you in each and every step to realize this dream of yours which will surely change your life forever. From helping you in selecting courses, universities, the application process, scholarships, and IELTS preparation to Visa and so much we will be by your side every time. To connect with us simply register on our website or call us at 1800-572-000. We will be delighted to become a part of this life-changing journey of yours!