A degree in the Master of Arts in Germany builds crucial skills like critical thinking, analysing ideas and propositions, and clear expression of one’s conclusions. Universities award master of arts degrees in a diverse range of fields, such as language, marketing, philosophy, and so on. If you aspire to pursue an MA, then Germany is an ideal country to do so. In this blog, we will discuss in detail the pursuit of the master of arts in Germany. The country houses some of the best universities in the world that offer a master of arts degree. Studying MA in Germany can be very rewarding in terms of career growth.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Master of Arts in Germany
Germany is one of the most preferred study-abroad destinations. A thriving economy, excellent academic standards, and employment opportunities make this country such an attractive destination for students and professionals alike.
Here are some of the main reasons why studying master of arts in Germany is a great idea:
Most of the public universities in Germany offer education at zero tuition fees. While the private institutions in the country charge tuition fees, it is very affordable when compared to other developed nations.
Germany is popular for its world-class education and that too at an affordable price. The universities in the country are known for their excellence in academics, making it a highly sought-after nation for education.
Experience Cultural Diversity
Every region in Germany has its distinct traditions, culinary specialities, and dialects. So, you will be exposed to a plethora of cultural diversity, which will add great value to your experience as a student in the country.
Also Read: PhD in Germany
Top Universities and Tuition Fees
If you have decided to pursue a master of arts in Germany, then you should be aware of the nation’s top universities and tuition costs beforehand. Numerous top-notch institutes in Germany offer a master’s degree in arts, and some of them are given below:
|University||Course Offered||Duration||Annual Tuition Fee|
|University of Europe for Applied Sciences||MA in Communication Design||1½ Years||€10,933|
|SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences||MA in Film, Television and Digital Narratives||2 Years||€11,394|
|IU International University of Applied Sciences||MA in Product Management||4 Years||€1,935|
|CBS International Business School||MA in Digital Marketing||2 Years||€15,832|
|Berlin School of Business and Innovation||MA in Logistics||1½ Years||€11,994|
Also Read: MBA Universities in Germany
Eligibility for Master of Arts in Germany
You have to meet certain admission criteria to apply for a master of arts in Germany. While each university has its own set of eligibility requirements, the general criteria remain the same.
Here are the eligibility criteria you must meet if you wish to pursue a master of arts in Germany:
- You must complete your undergraduate degree with a minimum CGPA of 70%.
- You must score a minimum of 5.5 in IELTS, 59 in PTE Academic, and 72 in TOEFL.
- Moreover, you must submit the following documents during your admission process:
- A copy of the birth certificate of the applicant
- Passport-size photographs as per Visa mandate
- Valid passport
- Visa application form duly filled and signed
- Previous Schengen Visa (if applicable)
- 725 EUR per month financial proof for covering living costs in Germany upon arrival
- Letter of Motivation
- Previous German resident permit (if applicable)
- Internship and job documents (if applicable)
- Proof of previous German residence (if applicable)
- A copy of academic certificates from all educational institutions
Also Read: Intakes in Germany
Application Process for Master of Arts in Germany
The application process for admission to the master of arts in Germany can become confusing for students. Luckily, Leverage Edu can simplify the whole application process for you.
We can help you with your application process in the ways listed below:
- You can take the help of our AI Course Finder to choose the course you wish to enrol in.
- Our experts will then begin the application for the university you selected on your behalf.
- Submitting documents like SOPs, LORs, IELTS, Essays, TOEFL, and other materials is essential to your application. Hence, ensure to gather and prepare the mandatory documentation.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will start your application for housing, student loans, and scholarships after you complete your application and other required paperwork.
- Now, wait for your offer letter, which usually arrives within 4-6 weeks.
Also Read: Student Life in Germany
Numerous scholarships are available for international students who wish to study for the master of arts in Germany. Have a look at the best scholarships for MA in Germany:
|DAAD Scholarship||DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)||€934/Month|
|Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships||Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt)||€850/Month|
|Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s scholarships||Erasmus Mundus Program||€1,000/Month|
Scope of Master of Arts in Germany
You can expect to find employment in a diverse range of fields after completing your master of arts in Germany. Here are some of the top job profiles you can expect to assume as an MA graduate in Germany:
|Job||Average Annual Salary|
Also Read: Language Courses in Germany
Ans: Yes, a master’s degree from Germany is recognised in India.
Ans: Yes, the marks of class 12 are considered for Masters in Germany. While a good score in 12th can help you with your admission, universities consider your overall education, including your bachelor’s performance.
Ans: German universities usually offer MA in diverse fields, such as languages, fine arts, history, and geography, among others.
So, this was all about the master of arts in Germany. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.